Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Centers Closed due to US Government Shutdown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Enrollment Centers Closed due to US Government Shutdown

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by steventravel
Two different experiences today. Wife flew into LAX and they had the proper signage of where to go for the interview.

I flew into ORD and they said the Interview on Arrival was closed due to government shutdown.
Did ORD have a sign saying that it was closed and that the government shutdown was the reason for it being closed?

ORD enrollment on arrival has had rather limited hours. At what time and day of the week was it that you arrived into the federal inspection area at ORD for arrival passengers?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: USA UAL DAL
FYI - EWR CBP just called me to cancel my 3pm interview today (at EWR). Live person (not robo-call). Said could re-schedule once the government shutdown ended.

Last edited by babystepper; Dec 26, 2018 at 6:58 am Reason: correct typo
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
CBP (DHS) has announced that GE enrollment is shut down in its entirety. Unclear that applications in process are being actioned.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:39 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the Enrollment on Arrival thread:

Originally Posted by Granitebox
Data Point.

Arrived CLT on Dec 23, 2018. Initially was directed in one direction for Enrollment on Entry then when talking to the supervisor was advised due to the Government Shutdown, Enrollment upon Arrival was not available.

Just bad timing I guess.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:26 pm

I was due to have my interview at BOS today and got informed 15 minutes before my interview that its cancelled due to government shutdown. Also tried at Logan Airport, it was shutdown too.

I like in the UK and am only visiting for holidays departing for Canada on Saturday, then the the UK on the 2nd. I do not have any other trips planned to the US, my pre-approval was received beginning of September, I am not sure how I will be able to complete the interview? I don't want to lose the $100 and have to go through the process again if it lapses. Any ideas?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by pred02
I like in the UK and am only visiting for holidays departing for Canada on Saturday, then the the UK on the 2nd. I do not have any other trips planned to the US, my pre-approval was received beginning of September, I am not sure how I will be able to complete the interview? I don't want to lose the $100 and have to go through the process again if it lapses. Any ideas?
1. Any chance you're going to Qatar in the next year? You can get the interview done in Doha...

2. Pray the US government comes out of shutdown before Jan 2nd. I don't know where you'll be in Canada but there's numerous places where you can get an interview in Canada.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Watch out to see if the London, UK, Temporary Global Entry Enrollment Center will be available again this year.
Often1 and Montoya080 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I was due to have my interview at BOS today and got informed 15 minutes before my interview that its cancelled due to government shutdown. Also tried at Logan Airport, it was shutdown too.

Trusted Traveler Programs Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have been conditionally approved for a Trusted Traveler Program and would like to schedule an appointment for my interview.
A:
You must complete enrollment within 365 days of receiving your conditional approval. Not scheduling and completing the interview will result in cancelation of the application and no refunds will be granted.
According to the FAQ above, you'll have until 365 days from the date of your conditional approval to complete your interview. As observed, CBP has hosted interviews in London, and if you have any travel which involves other locations with CBP presence you may be able to complete your interview at one of those locations without being in the US.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by babystepper
FYI - EWR CBP just called me to cancel my 3pm interview today (at EWR). Live person (not robo-call). Said could re-schedule once the government shutdown ended.
I got the same thing today for my early morning interview. They called me -- live person -- literally 10 min before I was gonna leave for the airport. They said to reschedule once the govt shutdown was over but I just rescheduled anyway for about a month from now instead of waiting.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:53 am

<deleted>

Look at the DHS plan : dhs.gov/publication/lapse-funding-dhs

^sorry can't post links yet

It says under CBS that there were 60,109 employees. I couldn't find any mention of the GE program as a whole. They plan to retain 54.935 during shutdown.

Any thoughts on what was actually published?

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 27, 2018 at 9:20 am Reason: Reference to moved post
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:17 am

Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question about renewing Global Entry whose focus was on the renewal process as opposed to the effects of the government shutdown was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:21 pm
VIP

I passed by the MIA location this morning and it was closed as well
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Tried updating some information on my Nexus. Office at YYZ said they couldn't do it because US CBP is shut down for Nexus processing/updates/etc.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Montoya080

2. Pray the US government comes out of shutdown before Jan 2nd. I don't know where you'll be in Canada but there's numerous places where you can get an interview in Canada.
I was just informed by Canadian Nexus enrollment center that their US counterpart in the same offices will not be doing interviews, therefore enrolling in Canada won't work either.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
I was just informed by Canadian Nexus enrollment center that their US counterpart in the same offices will not be doing interviews, therefore enrolling in Canada won't work either.
This is unfortunate. If I am not able to complete the interview in 365 days due to shutdown, is there ground to claim the $100 back? I made my travel to the US to accomodate, but due to the shutdown I cannot meet the requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.