Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

London, UK, Temporary Global Entry Enrollment Center

Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Just curious how/where these are conducted in the UK?

Can they be done by phone/virtually/etc. or do you have to do the embassy in London?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The interview is in person as they must verify who you are, verify your travel documents and scan your fingerprints into the system

According to this page https://global-entry.beta.homeoffice...ister-to-apply the interview has to take place at a GE enrollment site in the US or Qatar or Canada which seems odd. Maybe they have changed things and not updated the information site?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
According to this page https://global-entry.beta.homeoffice...ister-to-apply the interview has to take place at a GE enrollment site in the US or Qatar or Canada which seems odd. Maybe they have changed things and not updated the information site?
All that I've read indicates that UK GE applicants must be interviewed at a GE office, of which there are none in the UK.

Almost all are in the US. The Canadian ones are really NEXUS offices, but NEXUS includes Global Entry so NEXUS offices are capable of doing GE interviews. I cannot speak for the Qatari office(s).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
London, England, Global Entry Enrollment Center

As per the US Embassy in London's news release today...

http://bit.ly/2au8yMJ
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:08 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As well, US CBP has just advised Global Entry members that they may be able to register for the UK's Registered Traveler program. Let's share this with the broader travel community as this is not airline dependent. I'll move to the dedicated TS&S forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
As well, US CBP has just advised Global Entry members that they may be able to register for the UK's Registered Traveler program.
Not really "just". This was announced last November.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
As well, US CBP has just advised Global Entry members that they may be able to register for the UK's Registered Traveler program. Let's share this with the broader travel community as this is not airline dependent. I'll move to the dedicated TS&S forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United.
GE members have been registered into the UK's RT program for a good number of months now. What used to be required for US citizens to get into the UK program was an invitation code, but it didn't require GE membership.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:23 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
The big news is that:
U.S. Customs and Border Protection will open a Global Entry enrollment center at the U.S. Embassy in London for 60 days beginning on September 26. Conditionally-approved Global Entry applicants can now register for an interview with a CBP officer at the London location on the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) website.

<snip>
Thread title has been updated.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Can anyone advise if the US Embassy in London is still accepting appointments for Global Entry? I can see they were up to March 2017, but cannot see if this has been extended or there is a proposal to open up another batch of interview slots.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Jase76
Can anyone advise if the US Embassy in London is still accepting appointments for Global Entry? I can see they were up to March 2017, but cannot see if this has been extended or there is a proposal to open up another batch of interview slots.
I don't think that the London embassy does the interviews any more. The GE programme seems to be now focusing its resources on expanding to more countries -- Switzerland and Argentina joined in the past few months -- so making it more convenient in existing locations is probably not at the top of the "to do" list.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Global Entry Mobile Enrollment in London is back

GE interviews are back at the London US Embassy for a limited time. From an email they sent out:

From 7th March through 3rd May 2018 the U.S. Embassy London will host a mobile enrollment team. Applicants who are conditionally approved can complete their interview and enrollment in London (normally this takes place at a U.S. airport):
https://uk.usembassy.gov/global-entry-mobile-enrollment-event-london/

To take part in the upcoming mobile enrollment events in London, please register now:

UK Citizens Start here: www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa

Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
That is great as I need to renew! I just clicked the renew button and seems they want us to get a UK access code by getting clearance from the UK govt first. Is this new for UK renewals as I don't recall reading this was required before (but makes sense i suppoose).
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jcm9000
That is great as I need to renew! I just clicked the renew button and seems they want us to get a UK access code by getting clearance from the UK govt first. Is this new for UK renewals as I don't recall reading this was required before (but makes sense i suppoose).
Discussed here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/...hreads-91.html
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Just so forum users have an idea of timescales for the interviews at the US Embassy in London.

I received my Global Entry CBP 'conditional approval' yesterday and immediately booked for my interview/enrollment at the US Embassy in London. The earliest date available for interview was Tuesday 13th of March 2018. However some dates after this date were already booked up. Overall though, there seemed plenty of availability upto the 3rd of May when the 'enrollment event' in London ends.

BM
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Global Entry Interviews in London

I booked my GE interview at the temporary US Embassy in London a few weeks back, and was surprised when a couple of friends suggested I was making it up, believing you had to be interviewed in the US. However the CBP have confirmed today officially, what I found out by accident, that they are open for business, at least between March and May 2018.

Slots may go quickly.

EMAIL:

U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) is pleased to announce that we will have officers on-site in London for the purpose of conducting the in-person enrollment interviews for applicants to the Global Entry program from March 7 to May 3, 2018.

The enrollment location is listed in TTP as, "London US Embassy EC (Temporary)".

Please note that the U.S. Embassy has a strict prohibited items policy. Such items should be left at home as there is no temporary storage available at the U.S. Embassy. Items prohibited from entry into U.S. Embassy:
  • Luggage and Large Bags
  • Laptops
  • Motorcycle / Bicycle Helmets
  • Glass Bottles
  • Knives and Sharp Objects
  • Weapons
  • Flashlights/Torches longer than 6in/16cm
  • Explosives
  • Portable electronic storage devices (thumb drives)
  • Animals other than Service Animals
Any further instructions regarding entry to the U.S. Embassy can be found on their website https://uk.usembassy.gov/This is an automated email. Please do not reply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.