Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:46 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
I am considering scheduling an arrival interview for GE. I am arriving into JFK on a BA flight at 12.30pm, connecting to an AA LAX flight at 4.30pm.

As I dont arrive in LAX till almost midnight, would scheduling in JFK make sense, and do I have enough time?
Thanks
I had mine at JFK T4 between connecting flights from FRA and BOS. Similar timeframe as yours except that my departure to BOS was at 3:30 p.m. out of T8. There was no wait and I was out in less than 5 minutes. Waited another 5-10 minutes for my bag to arrive at the carousel.
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by engineroom
Info point for anyone interested:

Me: US Citizen, non-US resident, non-US drivers licence, have TSA Pre-Check already

Applied Saturday evening (27 Jan)
Received conditional approval Monday morning (29 Jan)

Flying into the US (MIA) on Friday so hopefully will be able to do interview on arrival.

Good luck to everyone!
Just a data point on this - Enrollment on Arrival at MIA was super easy - told the immigration officer I wanted to do EoA (there were actually signs saying to ask about it), they directed me to another officer sitting at a desk at the end of the immigration area, who apparently just did EoA interviews. Took about five minutes and good to go.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Anyone have an experience with doing enrollment on arrival at DFW? Our kids are both conditionally approved. Would love to get them both actually enrolled on our way back from CUN tomorrow. We tried doing EoA at MIA a few years ago and it was a total cluster, and the agents were total jerks on top of it. Is it more pleasant at DFW? Didn't see any recent data points in the last few pages of this thread.
Follow up to my post above. I think we were successful! After arrival at DFW we went to the GE kiosks, the facial recognition worked for my wife and I just fine so then we took our kids and approached the agent. He asked if they have GE - we said "no but they're conditionally approved, can we do EOA?" He directed us to another agent, fortunately he didn't have a wait. At this point Milton from Office Space took over, started doing who knows what on his computer. Eventually took pictures of our kids so we thought great, this is going much better than expected. A few minutes later, the first agent we initially approached came over and asked Milton "They're conditionally approved right? So what's taking so long?" My wife and I just gasped. Quite a line had built up by this point - it looks like crew are allowed to use the GE lanes at DFW? The first agent hovered over Milton, told him to click a few things and then they told us congratulations and sent us on our way. So - I think our kids have GE now? But I'm not sure! I logged into their accounts today and both of theirs still say "Conditionally Approved". I know it can take some time for the the status to update. Well, hopefully it worked! Either way, wow, what a breath of fresh air compared to our experience in MIA.

So anyway long story short is, it seems EOA is indeed possible at DFW.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by engineroom
Just a data point on this - Enrollment on Arrival at MIA was super easy - told the immigration officer I wanted to do EoA (there were actually signs saying to ask about it), they directed me to another officer sitting at a desk at the end of the immigration area, who apparently just did EoA interviews. Took about five minutes and good to go.
Wow! Well I'm glad they fixed their process. Night and day between your experience and what they tried to do to us.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
What’s the current procedure at IAD? Separate lines for EoA, inform any officer during initial screening or head to an office after being admitted?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:59 pm

EoA at IAD (Main Terminal Immigration)

After you come down the escalator from the mobile lounge dock do NOT head for the general Passport Control lines. Look for the EoA sign along with the GE signs. Do not stop at the GE kiosks as you are not a member yet. If you don't see the EoA signs, ask for directions.

By the way, Dulles Airport is the first, and so far only, airport with Enrollment on Departure (EoD). If you are conditionally approved and flying out of Dulles to an international destination, you can do a walk-in interview in a CBP office across from gate B41. Open every day from noon-8pm.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival can't be scheduled. The interview is conducted during the admission process upon arrival in the United States or at CBP Preclearance facilities. With four hours between flights, you should have plenty of time to complete your enrollment interview.

Please refer to the wikipost. Also, there are recent datapoints in this thread of renent EoA interviews which were conducted upon arrival at JFK.
Apologies, just so I am clear....you queue at US immigration as usual for entry into USA (I'm arriving into JFK Terminal 8, average wait times for non-US citizens 36-90 mins) then, once through, follow the GEA signs and wait to be interviewed for (hopefully) approval for GE for future use? I have a 3hr 30mins connection for LAX flight so hoping will be sufficient time.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:29 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by higham44
Apologies, just so I am clear....you queue at US immigration as usual for entry into USA (I'm arriving into JFK Terminal 8, average wait times for non-US citizens 36-90 mins) then, once through, follow the GEA signs and wait to be interviewed for (hopefully) approval for GE for future use? I have a 3hr 30mins connection for LAX flight so hoping will be sufficient time.
These are the most recent reports which I can find of EoA interviews at T8.

Originally Posted by Emma Heady
We did ours there last summer, went through immigration as usual and there’s a desk just past the baggage carousels on the right. There was no queue when we got through but we waited for luggage first, by then a queue had built up and we waited about 45 minutes. We should have done the interview first then got luggage.
Originally Posted by 000
Recent data point for JFK T8.

Asked to do my EOA interview at immigration. The CBP officer told me to go to line 1 after baggage claim.

At baggage claim there was a tensabarrier funnel that takes you to the exit through the customs area. The line numbers are written on the ceiling and line 1 (parallel to the funnel to the exit) was tensabarried off. You can see a desk under the line 1 sign (with an officer present in my case). I asked a member of staff to let me in and I was the only person there. The officer took my details and completed the interview process very quickly and efficiently. I received an e-mail confiming the status change (i.e. approval) just under an hour later whilst still in the taxi into Manhattan.

From disembarking the plane to getting into a taxi (including EOA interview) was just over 20 mins.
I recommend to always ask the line minders where the EoA interviews are conducted, in case there has been a change in the interview procedure.

Three and a half hours between flight should be plenty of time to go through passport controls, complete the GE interview and clear TSA security in time for your flight to Los Angeles.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
These are the most recent reports which I can find of EoA interviews at T8.

I recommend to always ask the line minders where the EoA interviews are conducted, in case there has been a change in the interview procedure.

Three and a half hours between flight should be plenty of time to go through passport controls, complete the GE interview and clear TSA security in time for your flight to Los Angeles.
Thanks. I will be travelling HBO so won't have to wait at baggage reclaim. I guess I have to weigh up the future benefit of obtaining GE status against how frequently I will be flying into the USA in future years and queuing at immigration.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:37 am

"I recommend to always ask the line minders where the EoA interviews are conducted, in case there has been a change in the interview procedure."

Let me reinforce this recommendation - "always ask where the EoA interviews are being done." Each CBP facility has a unique setup. At IAD you do NOT have to go through regular Passport Control before looking for the EoA line - ask the line minders where to go and save yourself a lot of time.
hurnik likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:41 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by higham44
I guess I have to weigh up the future benefit of obtaining GE status against how frequently I will be flying into the USA in future years and queuing at immigration.
Don't forget that Global Entry includes TSA PreCheck.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:14 pm

Some help and guidance sought please from those in the know.

I'm considering applying for GE for a trip next month that takes me through MIA as first port of entry. I'll be travelling on a British Passport with previous USA entry on the same ESTA that I'll be using for this trip, only this time I'll be connecting internationally to Brazil on arrival later the same day (BA207 arrival 1500 then a 5hr connection between flights on same ticket, checked bags will be ITI thru checked to GRU). I'll be opting for a GE interview on arrival. Will the fact I'm not staying in the US this trip preclude me from applying? Also assuming there are no restrictions, how soon after the GE arrival interview can I expect MIA CBP to process the relevant approval so that I can get a reprint of my connecting flight boarding pass and make use of TSA pre check for my connecting flight to Brazil? I'll be flying back from Brazil via MIA and JFK to LHR a couple of weeks later where again I'll just be in transit (not staying in the US overnight). Again the assumption is that I'll be able to make use of GE on arrival at MIA as well as TSA pre check ahead of my connecting flight to JFK. I'll be leaving the airside area on arrival at JFK and heading into Manhattan for a few hours before heading back to JFK later in the day for my evening flight onwards to LHR where again TSA pre check will be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Apr 5, 2024 at 2:45 pm
Old Apr 5, 2024, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Some help and guidance sought please from those in the know.
A few comments.

Expecting conditional approval in a month is kind of optimistic. You may get lucky, though.

Everyone flying to or through the US has to clear customs and immigration inspections. US airports do not have international transit facilities, although, at some airports with ITI, luggage does not need to be retrieved and taken through customs. In a nutshell, you must be admitted into the US before connecting to your next international flight. You will be able to complete your EoA while going through passport controls in MIA. It does matter that you are leaving for GRU a few hours later.

Final approval may take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. I'll be surprised if the various systems will synchronize fast enough for the PreCheck designation to appear on your boarding pass to GRU.

Assuming that your final approval is timely, you should be able to use the Global Entry kiosks when you return from Brazil and receive the PreCheck marker on your boarding passes at MIA and JFK.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 6:09 pm

A few comments
Thank you for your comments and insight.
Most helpful and useful.
Yes I'm aware its not that far off until I travel however I'm willing to give it a whirl that pre-approval will be granted before I start this trip. Worst case scenario is it isn't and I'll go through the process on another US trip later in the year when I have been approved.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 5:47 pm

TWA884 just to feedback that I submitted my GE application on 08APR and I received my conditional approval back on 10APR. I was then invited to select an appointment for enrollment interview which I've selected for MIA on my initial arrival date (multiple appointments available at 10 minute intervals throughout the day) which is located landside in an office opposite the Lufthansa check in on the departures level. The earliest appointment I could secure was later today so literally hours after having been conditionally approved. Although I've selected my appointment a good hour after scheduled arrival time at the beginning of May, the subsequent confirmation advises that the EoA interview will likely take place with a CBP official when I enter the USA which is whar I was hoping would be the case. All I need to show is my UK passport, drivers licence or a current utility bill showing my home address. So from my perspective this appears to be a far more positive experience than the one I was anticipating.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Apr 10, 2024 at 5:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.