Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Can anyone provide some details on EWR? For example, which path should they follow when it starts to split? which line?

My parents will be flying back on UA BCN-EWR.
They are approved, just need the interview.
They tried in Toronto last time on pre-clearance. The agents said they were busy, told them to go thru (get some food, enjoy the lounge, etc) then meet him back at the exit door in an hour. After an hour, he never showed up. Waited 45min, then gave up. I told them they just should have gone through the door when someone came out and found someone and explained but they aren't they type to take "initiative".
I want to increase the odds for them this time. I told them to just find someone and specifically say they need "Global Entry Enrollment on arrival" or that they need the "interview" and are already approved.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex UK Plat
I arrived at SEA on Thursday afternoon at around 4pm. No queue at immigration. I spoke to the officer and explained that I had conditional approval for GE. The officer asked a few questions about this journey and took photo and finger prints before handing me over to another officer for the Enrollment on Arrival interview, which started 5 minutes after I sat down in the processing area.
The second officer only asked why I had applied for GE, but other than that, took photo and finger prints and I was approved. Officer was very polite and provided some useful information on procedures and the obligations of participating in the programme. I was provided with my KTN immediately and got my confirmation email a few minutes later.
Majuki likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Dutch passport and conditionally approved here, will try to do the interview during a 3hr layover in ORD coming from LHR. Just a bit confused regarding the process for EoA. Do I take the normal ESTA line and then proceed to an EoA booth after immigration or is it before immigration?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: BA
Went to do enrolment on arrival at MIA on Friday night and after waiting for 10 minutes they said they whole system was down so couldn't do it! (though they were apologetic about it). Ah well.

I have a three-hour International > Domestic US connection via MIA on Thursday evening with no checked luggage. Should I try my luck then or would everyone suggest to stay well clear?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 10:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Jedesco
Should I try my luck then or would everyone suggest to stay well clear?
You should absolutely try again.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: BA
Thanks, I think I shall do so
Old Apr 11, 2023, 11:32 am

I'm flying into IAD on a Friday morning at 5am. Will EOA be open then? CBP website doesn't have hours, just says EOA is open - "During International Arrivals Only. Subject to availability." What does this mean? Thanks, everyone for your help in advanced!
Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by leomalyutin
I'm flying into IAD on a Friday morning at 5am. Will EOA be open then? CBP website doesn't have hours, just says EOA is open - "During International Arrivals Only. Subject to availability." What does this mean? Thanks, everyone for your help in advanced!
If you have an International flight arriving at 5am, then presumably that is during the time period that they are open. "Subject to availability." means that they have someone available to do the interview and presumably allows them to turn down a request or tell you to wait for a while.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
In case it helps anyone, EoA is operational at PHL.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:57 pm

Flew into SFO yesterday and noticed that, at least on the G gates sides (Star Alliance airlines), there was a special line for Enrollment on Arrival, next to the line for GE kiosks. Don't think those existed before, but then again, I realize this is my first time I arrived internationally at SFO since December 2019.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 11:56 pm

Does anyone know if EOA is also possible at the new terminal in MCO and if there is a separate line for that?
Old Apr 20, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Just arrived in ORD (I believe T5) coming in from LHR. I'm on ESTA, so just took the regular ESTA line and told the CBP officer I wanted to do the interview for GE Enrollment on Arrival. He then directed me to the office which is on the left side right after passing immigration.
Very friendly lady then asked me a couple of basic questions, took a picture and fingerprints and all was done, took maybe 2 minutes.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 11:33 pm

Thanks. The new Terminal is C. There you have to pick up your luggage before passing the immigration.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
I've a few questions I was hoping the knowledgable folk of Flyertalk could help with.

I've recently been approved for GE having completed Enrollment On Arrival at ORD. We have just received notification that my partner and child have been provisionally approved so on our next trip to the US later in the summer, I'm hoping to have them complete their in person interview.

Our arrival airport is SEA so that would be where they would do EOA. On the CBP website it doesn't state opening hours for the EOA office, just that it's available "during international arrivals". Our flight from LHR is scheduled to arrive at 18:00 and while not the last international arrival of the day at SEA, I'm aware this is potentially getting towards the end of the working day for the EOA office/booth. Is anyone aware of the actual time EOA is available until at SEA or have recent experience of accessing it after 18:00?

I'm keeping close eye on appointment availability for the SEA Enrolment Centre. Unfortunately at the moment there's no availability for the period will be in Seattle, however I'm aware this can change. The other option for completing the in person interview would be in Vancouver as we're visiting there as part of this trip to the US and Canada. YVR is listed on the CBP website as an Enrollment Centre however when attempting to book an in person interview it's not listed at all. YVR is also listed as an option for EOA for passengers traveling from YVR to the US. While we won't be departing from YVR for any part of this trip, is anyone aware if the Global Entry Enrollment Centre is before or after security at YVR? The CBP website states EOA is done at US departures. My thinking is if it's before security then my partner and child could potentially complete their GE enrolment interview at YVR if we swing by one day while in Vancouver.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Apr 23, 2023 at 6:59 am
Old Apr 23, 2023, 8:32 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue
Is anyone aware if the Global Entry Enrollment Centre is before or after security at YVR?
USCBP is after security in the preclearance area and only accessible to those taking a US bound flight.

I can't speak to the hours of enrollment on arrival at SEA.
GlasgowBlue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.