Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GamecockFan
Do you know that they are doing interviews at RDU 5/18-5/21?
So I've heard, but I already have this appointment scheduled for tomorrow and it'll be nice to get PreCheck for the three trips I have scheduled between now and when they'll have it at RDU.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Global Entry - Interview Availability

Is there a way to find out what slot availability for Global Entry interview looks like at SFO?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta, United
If you have an appointment pending you can select any office. I had to travel to DC so just did it there instead of my home airport.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
IIRC, when your schedule your interview, the GOES page will go to the week (or month?) with the first available slot. For SFO, it can be 5 months away! SFO accepts drop-in interview for ABTC only. Try find another location if you can.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: UA, AA, SW, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, TYN
My original appointment at SFO was four months out. I kept reviewing the schedule calendar and was able to change it into a new opening 3 weeks away.

Check the schedule on a regular basis.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:12 pm

Think they had opened their schedule on weekends when I processed mine in SFO (early Jan or so). Hope that's still on and gives more options.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:17 pm

Has anyone had success dropping in in SFO, even though they don't allow it?

I'm flying through there soon at a fairly quiet time of day, would like to try to expedite the process and obviously they are booking appointments for ~ January 2016 right now.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by jmb443
Has anyone had success dropping in in SFO, even though they don't allow it?

I'm flying through there soon at a fairly quiet time of day, would like to try to expedite the process and obviously they are booking appointments for ~ January 2016 right now.
Following up on this - sitting outside the SFO enrollment center right now - the agent at the told me that each agent has three interviews booked per 15 minute slot, and they have three agents.
So far everyone has shown up, so I've had no luck taking a missed appointment. They're not exactly trying to fit me in but said I could wait for a missed slot.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. It's always monitoring the schedule. Not uncommon, especially when there's really lousy WX and people get held up, for slots to open.

2. Good to know about the walk-ins. That's pretty much par for the course at stations which say they don't take walk-ins.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Often1
1. It's always monitoring the schedule. Not uncommon, especially when there's really lousy WX and people get held up, for slots to open.

2. Good to know about the walk-ins. That's pretty much par for the course at stations which say they don't take walk-ins.
Yep, I'm going to keep watching for openings. They ended up not letting me into the queue.

Last edited by jmb443; Sep 21, 2015 at 8:52 am Reason: sp
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
This is crazy.
I keep refreshing the SFo location for september and october since we are going to overseas in mid oct. no appointments are opening up. What time of day should I be refreshing?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Global Entry - Interview Availability

Hello - I've done some google searches on the lack of interview slots for processing GE applications after the conditional approval online. I've had some older results and wondering if someone had more recent info.

I am a US citizen permanently living in the UK. I make five or six trips a year to the US and finally applied for GE last month with a view to trying to get card on my next trip in early April. I received conditional approval in about a week but see no available slots in either BOS or SFO in the week of my travel. In fact, I see nothing available at those two airports for several months. Oh, there's nearish Warwick RI but, guess what, nothing there either.

I appreciate people may cancel, and I do check every day for that on the GOES system but I am dubious of something just becoming available in the small window of time I have in the two cities before returning to London. What is the situation with walk ins. Is their any allowance for those who can prove their residence is outside the US and so time for interview at one of the centres is simply more limited. Or is it just case that this is how it is and tough luck.

Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:34 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Take a look at this thread:
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I have no idea whether this is possible, but as a USN permanently residing in the UK, I wonder whether CBP might conduct the interview for you at the Consulate in London now that GE is available to UK Nationals.

It is at least worth a call to either Citizens Services or directly to CBP's attache at the Embassy. It's entirely possible that they may not have thought about it.

Barring that, all I can suggest is the walk-in, even at a station which says it doesn't do walk-ins. Maybe your story gets a result.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Thanks TWA for the thread link which indeed has some recent SFO info!

And Often, that is a good idea but I will pre-manage my expectations on the response before placing the call

NTFM

Last edited by NoTiersForMe; Mar 22, 2016 at 1:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.