Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yerbaceleste
Does anyone know why the Seattle location is not accepting interviews at all!!? Both of my kids have been conditionally approved but I cannot find ANY interviews except for in far away locations. Should I keep checking, or is Seattle "closed"?
Keep checking. Availability of slots can change literally in hours. I went from no available slots locally to dozens over several weeks in a matter of two hours.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:43 am

Thanks, good to know! Other than the interview, the rest of the process so far has been surprisingly fast. I renewed mine in a matter of days and my kids have gotten prelim approval fast. Hopefully I can find an interview for them soon.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:58 am
Suspended

Thanks SFO No longer Accepting Interviews

The SFO office is no longer accepting interviews as per their office.

The closest offices to me are Portland and San Diego both 10+ hours drive.

I'm doing a whole bunch of *domestic* trips in the next few weeks which go through airports with enrollment on entry. Could I somehow get an interview with them?

Originally Posted by Randyk47
You’re on the right page. Go down and pick San Francisco and the calendar should come up for that location if there are any open days. If there are then you just clicked on the date and available appointment times will come up. As far as I know SFO is a regular office not just for incoming International passengers. Somebody local will have to verify that as I am in Texas. Again try a number of times a day. Things change quickly and frequently.

Last edited by usedtobeimportant; Nov 7, 2019 at 9:45 am
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:30 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Hello @usedtobeimportant,

Please take a look at the following two threads:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by usedtobeimportant

I'm doing a whole bunch of *domestic* trips in the next few weeks which go through airports with enrollment on entry. Could I somehow get an interview with them?

Thanks.

Ian
Is it normal for an enrollment center to stop accepting interviews either temporarily or permanently?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:46 am
Suspended

Thanks. I did look at these before, but I couldn't find an answer to my specific questions:

"Can I somehow do entry on arrival if I have a domestic flight to that airport?"

Originally Posted by TWA884
Hello @usedtobeimportant,

Please take a look at the following two threads:

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:45 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Can I somehow do entry on arrival if I have a domestic flight to that airport?"
No!

Enrollment on Arrival can only be done while going through passport controls upon entering the US from abroad.

The EoA process is extensively discussed in the Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival thread.

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 8, 2019 at 7:27 pm
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:54 pm

"The SFO office is no longer accepting interviews as per their office."

What does that mean? Are they closing their office temporarily?

Does that mean any current appointments will be okay? My sister has an appointment in about a week.
I just got CA and went to try to get an appointment at SFO and got no availability. I am hoping to go with my sister and see if they will be willing to process my application too.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry

I assume you talked to the office directly? Did they give you any explanation? I see nothing on the TTP site other than they don’t have any available appointment dates but nothing about the office being closed.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
I'd also like to know what's going on with the SFO office. I recently applied for renewal for my family of 4, and my wife and son were fully approved while my daughter and I need interviews. Her conditional approval came thru earlier and I was able to schedule an interview for her at SFO in early Jan 2020. But now for me all I see is "no appointments available for this location". Thought about trying walk-in but according to Yelp the SFO office doesn't accept walk-ins anymore. This will be very frustrating if the SFO office has really stopped all interviews.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
SFO is booked more than a year in advance, unless you luck into a cancellation. Otherwise you can try your hand at Interview on Arrival between 7am-3pm.

https://www.sfgate.com/business/netw...p?t=4000b8dc08

Apparently SoCal has openings or you can fly to Minnesota.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
SFO is booked more than a year in advance, unless you luck into a cancellation. Otherwise you can try your hand at Interview on Arrival between 7am-3pm.
There was a report on EoA at SFO posted in the Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival thread this morning. @arandano reported that "[s]ince there was only one officer doing the interviews, the wait time was considerable. It is not uncommon for there to be 6-8 people in line, which means the last person is facing a 2.5+ hour wait."
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:48 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
All of the GE facilities in Ohio as well as the one that would be quasi-practical to get to in PA and MI are showing no interviews available -- not "an interview a freaking long time in the future" but none available, period. I think I found one facility on one of the coasts that had an opening in April of 2020 or so -- but would like to get this done before then just so I don't have to worry about it.

I know in the past some facilities accepted walk-in for initial applications... is that (still) the case for renewals? Any list of facilities that do walk-ins? Hoping I can go camp out at CBP in Middleburg Heights (I have vacation time to burn before EOY anyway ) and/or give it a whirl at EWR when I'm passing through tomorrow and Thursday.
Yes: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews

Another option is enrollment on arrival which can be done for renewals as well:

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Also locations showing no current availability may sometimes have time slots open up (perhaps as people with appointments walk in or do EOA) so even though there's nothing today, there might be something tomorrow.

My strategy was a multi-layered approach:

1. Schedule something, anything, far off in a location I knew I would be near or could reasonably get to
2. Check back periodically to optimize (1) for something sooner
3. Plan to EOA on the return of an upcoming international trip
4. Arrived early to my next domestic trip and tried to do a walk in (and was successful)
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:15 pm

New GE traveler - ZERO appointments at SFO?

I applied for Global Entry for the first time, and got an email confirmation for my conditional approval--but when I go to the TTP website it's showing that NO interviews are available for SFO to complete the process. I'm hoping this is just a computer issue--and I plan on checking back within the next few days--but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something and/or doing something wrong. Appointments do show up for other CA locations....but I'm not keen on the idea of going to L.A. just for my interview!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by bigcitrus
I applied for Global Entry for the first time, and got an email confirmation for my conditional approval--but when I go to the TTP website it's showing that NO interviews are available for SFO to complete the process. I'm hoping this is just a computer issue--and I plan on checking back within the next few days--but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something and/or doing something wrong. Appointments do show up for other CA locations....but I'm not keen on the idea of going to L.A. just for my interview!
Keep searching for interview slots - particularly during GE office hours. Interview slots open up all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.