Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Application Name Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Application Name Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I am thinking of applying for TSA PreCheck. I have a question about the middle name. I have one middle name on my passport (baptism) and an entirely different middle on my Driver's License (confirmation). What should I do for the application?

Also, I will usually book using the middle name on my passport but not always. Sometimes I book without any middle name. What should I do for future bookings?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:26 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
HI @ChinaShrek,

I moved your question to the relevant thread.

You may also want to check the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:14 am

TSA Precheck ID question

Hi folks.....I'm new here.

My stupid driver's license had a typo in the name......my first name had a transposition that I didn't notice. I guess it depends on where you are from whether Michael is spelled MichEAL or Michael. No one ever seemed to notice, so I figured I would correct it at the next renewal. Well that was until I decided to get the TSA precheck for an upcoming trip and my first name's spelling on my SSN card and Birth Certificate doesn't match my driver's license. Unfortunately, the trip will be on Labor Day so I don't have time to wait on the driver's license to arrive in the mail.

So I need to go ahead and do the application for TSA pre-check Monday morning and hope that they get the traveler number by the date of my trip.

My question: Will the TSA accept a temporary driver's license (in conjunction with my birth certificate and SSN) for proof of identity? My state issues the temporary ID with the picture and all information exactly as the plastic driver's license will have--except it's on a plastic paper instead of typical hard plastic.

Thank you!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:34 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Hello @newarcher,

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I merged your question into the thread in discussing TSA applications name issues.

For what it is worth, based upon very recent family experience, the permanent driver license arrived within a week of getting the temporary one in both CA and IL.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.