Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Renewal
Applied: November 16, 2015
Approved: December 3, 2015
No interview needed.
New card received: December 11, 2015

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Dec 12, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:28 pm

I mailed in a paper renewal application since I live overseas and the GOES system doesn't let you enter foreign addresses. Credit card was charged on May 20.

Can anyone tell me how they will notify me of acceptance and how to schedule an interview? Will it be my mail? I'm a bit concerned about the looming postal strike as I used a Canadian mailing address.

If I'm accepted to the program again and need an interview, would I book that on GOES? Can I just keep checking it everyday or do I need some kind of verification code that would only be in a mailed letter?

Thanks for any information!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:16 pm

Applied around 5/31 for a NEXUS renewal, still pending.

Fortunately it doesn't expire until 2017, but at this rate I'm glad I re-applied early...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by simchi
Applied around 5/31 for a NEXUS renewal, still pending.

Fortunately it doesn't expire until 2017, but at this rate I'm glad I re-applied early...
Is renewal process the same for valid and expired Nexus? For the future if I do not need it can I wait until the thing expires before renewing.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
It has been over 10 weeks waiting for me now. Thankfully I still have GE through early next year and applied for NEXUS well in advance of needing renewal of GE...
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
It has been over 10 weeks waiting for me now. Thankfully I still have GE through early next year and applied for NEXUS well in advance of needing renewal of GE...
Once you have your NEXUS final approval, there is no need to renew your Global Entry.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Is renewal process the same for valid and expired Nexus? For the future if I do not need it can I wait until the thing expires before renewing.
I think it's the same process, but can you afford not to have NEXUS especially if you travel often? If you wait until expiry you could be subject to lengthy delays, and I think your expiry date is still the same (5 years on your birthday).
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:27 pm

Renewal:

Applied: late May
Heard back: August 8 (two and a half months)

However, the good news is that I don't have to interview, it went straight to approved, and apparently a new Nexus card is coming.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:09 am

Just to follow up, I mailed in my paper renewal application since I live overseas and the GOES system doesn't let you enter foreign addresses, though I did list my parents place in Canada as the mailing address. Credit card was billed on May 20, and like many others here I received an email around July 31 alerting me to log into GOES for a message.

Luckily, I not only received the renewal but also no need for an interview. It's a bit surprising since most of my personal information has changed, so this is very fortunate. The card was received and activated yesterday.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:16 am

Nexus Renewal

June 1 Application
Aug 15 Conditional Approval (no auto-Approval like other renewals)
Earliest Interview at YYZ Sep 17 (now moved out of T1 to 2935 Convair Dr due to construction).
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:44 am

Nexus Renewal Application: Applied on June 14, 2016, Waiting for conditional approval
Nexus New App for Wife/3 Kids: Applied on June 18, 2016, Waiting for conditional approval
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: UA: MM
Iris Scan Necessary for Renewal?

If you are renewing and they require an interview do you also need a new iris scan? Or will your current scan roll over and be accepted? (Which would make the interview location easier.)

TIA
DLM
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:20 pm

My Nexus Renewal Application is conditionally approved today

Applied: June 14, 2016
Conditionally Approved:Aug 24, 2016 @ 5:09 EST
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Is Nexus renewal approvals on a minimum timeline. My entire family Nexus expires next year in different months. My son got a renewal notice. So I applied for renewal for the entire family. I would off course like to take all of us for one interview, assuming an interview is required. Will they approve all of them at the same time as I submitted the renewals on the same day or will each renewal come in at different times depending on the expiry dates? Will the approvals (and interviews if reqd) be by date from expiry or will they approve them all together so I can do one trip for interviews if reqd.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 22, 2020 at 11:39 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
My entire family has Nexus up for renewal next year but in different months. I applied for everyone's renewal on the same day last month. Will the approvals (and interviews if reqd) be by date from expiry or will they approve them all together so I can do one trip for interviews if reqd.
It's difficult to say as the NEXUS process is not very transparent. It's possible that all your applications will be flagged as a family and they'd conceivably accommodate you all at the same time. It's also possible that each application goes to a different processing officer and is never seen as part of a family. You would think at least minor's application would raise a flag that a parent's application may also accompany it.

I would hope part of the reason they take 10-12 weeks to process applications is to find out who is related to whom.

Good luck and report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.