Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by fgirard
So, I'm still waiting for my renewal (applied 2/16), but my GOES account shows:

Attachment 31163

Does this mean that I can still get PreCheck/GE, or is it just a hiccup with GOES.
Is your birthday 4/17? If so happy belated .. And did your current membership expire on 4/17? If it did... you've expired and you don't currently have a NEXUS membership..you'll need to wait until they approve it again. Unfortunately it appears you applied too late however it should be any day now when they renew your membership assuming you don't need an interview.

Now, I do not have any first hand experience with this..you might still get PreCheck... I have no idea. I renewed my NEXUS membership about 8 months before it expired just to be safe... they should do a better job of reminding people of expiration. I knew to do it early only after reading FT!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Does anyone have the latest? I submitted my renewal application almost 9 weeks ago now, and it is STILL pending....
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Does anyone have the latest? I submitted my renewal application almost 9 weeks ago now, and it is STILL pending....
My renewal is on week 11 and counting...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
Spouse - renewed Nexus in early March, approved 4/17.
Me - renewed Nexus in early February, approved x/x (still waiting).
Update: my renewal was approved today. Spouse took about 7 weeks, mine over 11. No interview required.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Is your birthday 4/17? If so happy belated .. And did your current membership expire on 4/17? If it did... you've expired and you don't currently have a NEXUS membership..you'll need to wait until they approve it again. Unfortunately it appears you applied too late however it should be any day now when they renew your membership assuming you don't need an interview.

Now, I do not have any first hand experience with this..you might still get PreCheck... I have no idea. I renewed my NEXUS membership about 8 months before it expired just to be safe... they should do a better job of reminding people of expiration. I knew to do it early only after reading FT!
Well, I OLCI'ed today for tomorrow's LAX-SFO-SJD, and it shows PreCheck on both the mobile and emailed boarding passes. So hopefully it sticks around until tomorrow morning. And checking this morning, it still shows my renewal as "Pending Review".

And thank you for the delated birthday wishes.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Waiting on 6 weeks (applied March 15 2017) for renewal.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Makes me feel better. I was worried I'd been flagged for completing all 193 UN members last year.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Makes me feel better. I was worried I'd been flagged for completing all 193 UN members last year.
My renewal ended up taking 11.5 weeks. Now approved, no interview required.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Applied (renewal): Jan 31, 2017
Approved: Apr 21, 2017
Card arrived: Not yet

Looks like I'll have my card before my next trip
Applied (renewal): Jan 31, 2017
Approved: Apr 21, 2017
Card arrived: Apr 29, 2017
Old May 4, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Applied (renewal): February 10, 2017
Approved: May 4, 2017
Card arrived: May 8, 2017

Canadian Citizen living in US with a GC. Thought I would need an interview since I changed US addresses and got my GC within the last couple years although nothing else has really changed. Super happy I don't have to travel to the border now!

Last edited by LexCorp; May 8, 2017 at 7:54 pm Reason: Added Card Arrival Date
Old May 6, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by emcampbe
FYI, I submitted my renewal application for NEXUS 9 weeks ago (yes, that is correct) and am still 'pending'. So yes, the 2+ months is accurate. 5 years ago, the renewal took 3, maybe 4 weeks.
Same here. Only about two weeks left before expiration. Hopefully they'll make up their collective minds soon.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
And my new datapoint:

Applied for Renewal: Feb. 5, 2017
Conditional Approval: April 27, 2017
Interview: Pending

So that's 11.5 weeks, basically. US/Canada dual citizen, with a few address changes in the last 5 years (though all in the US). Looking to get an interview next time I'm in YYZ, at the end of May, so we'll see if I can work that out. But my current one doesn't expire until August, so in worst case, I can wait.

My dad, a Canadian only, got his renewed without the need for an interview.

Wife is still waiting, she applied at beginning of March, and hers expired at end April. She will for sure need an interview, as she went from GC holder to US citizen. Also hoping to get her scheduled in May....its more important for her, since she's already expired, but based on my wait time for approval, it may be close if her approval even comes in by then, much less, can get a spot when we're there.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:29 am

We just had our interview (2 adults - 2 kids)

1- I see approval notices for the 3 of us but my 8 year old. Could it take longer for him?
2- I got renewal for another 5 years but my wife and the other child for 6. Anyone else experienced that?
Old May 8, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Time between application for renewal (mid-Mar) and approval was 7 weeks.

No new interview needed.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by spy118
We just had our interview (2 adults - 2 kids)

1- I see approval notices for the 3 of us but my 8 year old. Could it take longer for him?
2- I got renewal for another 5 years but my wife and the other child for 6. Anyone else experienced that?
Add 5 years, then go to your next birthday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.