Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM ★G, DL Silver, Amtrak ES, Hilton Diamond,Nexus
Originally Posted by ajcopley
Renewal card received today. Three months from submittal of Nexus renewal application to new card being received (no interview required). Not as bad as I was expecting.
How long did it take to get the card? I was surprised my renewal was approved in six weeks (no interview).
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Hernendez
10 year old son, third renewal applied October 23rd and approved January 9th. No interview required. I am really suprised that he was approved with the photo from when he was 5 and will be 15 at next renewal. Last time the interview was just for a photo update.
My kids are 10 and finally have to go in for an interview again. The photos on their cards are from when they were 2 months old or so.
That being said, the photo on my card is from 2008 and they used some awful Logitech webcam to take it so looks like it was taken through the peephole of a hotel room. Seems they don't care a whole lot about photo quality.
dbkbye likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by droopydog
How long did it take to get the card? I was surprised my renewal was approved in six weeks (no interview).
18 days from when I was told my renewal was approved and the new card arriving in the mail.
droopydog likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
Datapoint - 2nd renewal
Applied = Jan 1, 2024
Approved = March 12, 2024 (no interview required)
Card Received = March 25, 2024
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
After 5 months of no card, finally called the CBP help line. The agent saw that there was a technical issue and escalated the issue. Should give me 5 weeks to get it until my next trip.
SPN Lifer and 1KChinito like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:08 pm

Programs: Nexus
Data point

I submitted my second renewal in 2023 but couldn't get an appointment so I let it expire.

Fast forward to 2024:
Feb 19 - submitted new application, but TTP site showed it as a renewal
Mar 11 - approved, no interview
Mar 20 - activate card button appeared
Mar 26 - received new card
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by mjnichol
That being said, the photo on my card is from 2008 and they used some awful Logitech webcam to take it so looks like it was taken through the peephole of a hotel room. Seems they don't care a whole lot about photo quality.
Same on my picture, but from ~2016. I find it hilarious that this high-trust program prints b&w photos taken with a potato, and then, icing on the cake, overlays a hologram on top of it.
Rare and dbkbye like this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tecate55
Same on my picture, but from ~2016. I find it hilarious that this high-trust program prints b&w photos taken with a potato, and then, icing on the cake, overlays a hologram on top of it.
yeah mine was taken in 2014 on that same logitech webcam and the officer was holding it so my face is like drooping lol.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:30 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
My wife and daughter's NEXUS cards are both expired (5 and 12 months ago, respectively), with renewal application submitted and conditional approval received before expiry. I know their NEXUS cards are usable for at least 5 years after expiry at this point, but I believe the interviews have to be completed within 2 years after conditional approval.

For my wife, I am able to book an appointment at one of the land borders where she can get both US/Canada done at the same point.

In my daughter's account, however, I had previously tried to book the split Canadian interview at YYZ, which I had then cancelled. Now, when I click on book appointment, it kicks me over to the CBSA booking site (i.e. TTP thinks I already have a split Canadian interview booked). Any idea how to cause the TTP site to allow me to book right on the TTP site (i.e. for on the land border locations)?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:22 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by nabeelj
My wife and daughter's NEXUS cards are both expired (5 and 12 months ago, respectively), with renewal application submitted and conditional approval received before expiry. I know their NEXUS cards are usable for at least 5 years after expiry at this point, but I believe the interviews have to be completed within 2 years after conditional approval.
You have five years from the expiration date to complete the enrollment interview. As you stated correctly, you will continue to receive all NEXUS benefits during that time
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:29 pm

My Nexus application is now "pending" for 30 months (since November 21). What is the number that people have used to actually reach a human?

CBP Helpdesk: 1-877-227-5511 - no humans, just an endless circle of recordings with no option to speak to anyone
CBSA Nexus: 866-496-3987 - left message, no return calls, endless circle of recordings
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nabeelj
For my wife, I am able to book an appointment at one of the land borders where she can get both US/Canada done at the same point.

In my daughter's account, however, I had previously tried to book the split Canadian interview at YYZ, which I had then cancelled. Now, when I click on book appointment, it kicks me over to the CBSA booking site (i.e. TTP thinks I already have a split Canadian interview booked). Any idea how to cause the TTP site to allow me to book right on the TTP site (i.e. for on the land border locations)?
For anyone who hits this problem in the future, it seems that the CBP dashboard & CBSA scheduler site were "out of sync", so the CBP dashboard was presenting a "Manage Interview" button instead of a "Schedule Interview" button.

I clicked the "Manage Interview" button, used the CBSA scheduler site to create a dummy appointment at YYZ, then cancelled it immediately, and returned to the CBP dashboard. The button now says "Schedule Interview", and I can now select the land border options.
seawolf, SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by dbkbye
Greetings, all! Long time lurker, first time posting.

I just received my conditional approval on my third renewal [applied June 28 2023, conditional approval Jan 30 2024],
New card arrived in the mail April 13, 2024, no interview required.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by dbkbye
New card arrived in the mail April 13, 2024, no interview required.
Dang, that took a while for the card to arrive. Canada Post being slow as heck.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by birdy24
Dang, that took a while for the card to arrive. Canada Post being slow as heck.
I'm in California now, so blame the US Postal Service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.