Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: DELTA SKYMILES, Marriott Bonvoy,
9/22 - Interview & fingerprint
9/24 - Eligibility assessment in progress

And WAITING SINCE....
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
10/24 - Interview & fingerprint
10/25 - Eligibility assessment in progress
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by pwd847
10/24 - Interview & fingerprint
10/25 - Eligibility assessment in progress
Just received this status update email on 11/22. Subject titled TSA Precheck - No Status Progress

Dear xxxxxx,The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is in the process of reviewing your TSA PreCheck® enrollment. Once your adjudication is complete, you will be notified and can check your eligibility determination at the TSA website at https://tsaenrollmentbyidemia.tsa.dh...service-status.

If you have any questions about this notification, please call the Universal Enrollment Services Call Center at 855-DHS-UES1 (855-347-8371), Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.

Not sure what the point of this is...

12/20/2022 determination completed. Should be notified within 3-5 days.

Last edited by pwd847; Dec 20, 2022 at 4:18 am
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:52 am

Precheck reduced in price? Website shows $78 for new applicants...
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
Precheck reduced in price? Website shows $78 for new applicants...
Indeed, as of November 4. Press release here:
TSA reduces TSA PreCheck® enrollment fee

Also, online renewals were reduced to $70 last year, but I wasn't aware of it until now.
TSA PreCheck® online renewal fee will decrease to $70
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
10/28 - Interview & fingerprint
10/29 - Eligibility assessment in progress
11/26 - Received email below (Note: I had originally signed up for text alerts. I heard that did not seem to be working and have been checking my 'status' daily, which remains Eligibility assessment in Progress.)

Dear XXXX:
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is in the process of reviewing your TSA PreCheck® enrollment. Once your adjudication is complete, you will be notified and can check your eligibility determination at the TSA website at https://tsaenrollmentbyidemia.tsa.dh...service-status.
If you have any questions about this notification, please call the Universal Enrollment Services Call Center at 855-DHS-UES1 (855-347-8371), Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
----------------------
I did not renew my GE in time and decided to apply for TSA Precheck while I waited the 6 months to a year for my Global Entry renewal. I was hoping TSA Precheck would have been approved by now.....
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:29 am

Current Experience

New to the forum but wanted to share my current experience

My boyfriend and I applied at the same time online. Both of us have clean records. We both provided our passports as ID. The only difference is I put my social in when asked at the interview (was told it would make the process faster), but my boyfriend didn't. I also used a different email for this than I do for my student loan/FAFSA, so I'm wondering if that matters? Either way here's the status:

My boyfriend:
11/12 -- pre-enrolled and scheduled appointment
11/16 -- interview and fingerprint
11/17 -- eligibility determined and KTN given

Me:
11/12 -- pre-enrolled and scheduled appointment
11/16 -- interview and fingerprint
11/17 -- enrollment received. "Your enrollment has been received and is being processed for delivery to TSA."
Current status as of 12/2: enrollment received. This has been the status for 3 weeks.

Called today and asked for an update and they told me there was nothing they could do. When asked why my boyfriend's has been processed and he has been given a KTN and I haven't, despite our appointments being the same day, minutes apart, the lady I spoke to couldn't say. She simply said all applications are different. I have a flight next week and was hoping I would have my KTN by now -- only applied so close to my trip because my parents offered to pay for it and both got their KTNs in less than a week. Guess I'm in the 60 day bin -- or probably longer based on reading this thread. Wish they would offer an explanation as to why some seem to take longer than others.
TH310 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by suprstar16
New to the forum but wanted to share my current experience

My boyfriend and I applied at the same time online. Both of us have clean records. We both provided our passports as ID. The only difference is I put my social in when asked at the interview (was told it would make the process faster), but my boyfriend didn't. I also used a different email for this than I do for my student loan/FAFSA, so I'm wondering if that matters?
I also entered my social security number, but it seems unlikely that would slow things down. I don't think the different email addresses would matter either. I do think that having a common name could create a problem, or if you have used more than one name in the past (as in a maiden name) or if your social security number returns a slightly different name--like a middle initial instead of a middle name for example. If I had to guess, I would think most items are approved automatically by computer and any exceptions are rejected and then a human reviews them. Maybe in some cases, a supervisor or additional person needs to review. It would be less frustrating if we actually knew the process instead of guessing and if the agency could tell us more about our individual application.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
PreCheck - Confirming Drivers License + Birth Certificate Will Work

tsa.gov suggests that drivers license + birth certificate suffices for identification but upon scheduling an interview, only "Passport Book or Card" is listed as an option. Any recent experiences to confirm that drivers license + birth certificate will work?

Also - does one make payment at the interview, or before the interview?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII
tsa.gov suggests that drivers license + birth certificate suffices for identification but upon scheduling an interview, only "Passport Book or Card" is listed as an option. Any recent experiences to confirm that drivers license + birth certificate will work?

Also - does one make payment at the interview, or before the interview?
I paid at the interview. You cannot pay with cash. If you paid with a credit card, the cardholder needed to be there. I chose to use my US passport for my first document.

Based on tsa.gov, a State issued Driver's License with a photo ID should be enough, with a Certified Birth Certificate issued from State, county, municipal authority (or outlying possession of the U.S.). To me, this implies that you would need to be a native born US citizen to use this method.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 12:17 pm

update-still waiting

11/26 - Received email below (Note: I had originally signed up for text alerts. I heard that did not seem to be working and have been checking my 'status' daily, which remains Eligibility assessment in Progress.)
12/13 - Received the email below again. fyi, it is from [email protected]

Dear XXXX:
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is in the process of reviewing your TSA PreCheck® enrollment. Once your adjudication is complete, you will be notified and can check your eligibility determination at the TSA website at https://tsaenrollmentbyidemia.tsa.dh...service-status.
----------------------
I did not renew my GE in time and decided to apply for TSA Precheck while I waited the 6 months to a year for my Global Entry renewal. I was hoping TSA Precheck would have been approved by now....

Last edited by TH310; Dec 15, 2022 at 12:19 pm Reason: clarity
Old Dec 18, 2022, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by TH310
12/13 - Received the email below again.
Me too. I got this second email on 12/8

Interview 10/25
12/20 decision complete - notification in 3-5 days
TH310 likes this.

Last edited by pwd847; Dec 20, 2022 at 10:00 am
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by TH310
12/13 - Received the email below again. fyi, it is from [email protected]

Dear XXXX:
----------------------
I did not renew my GE in time and decided to apply for TSA Precheck while I waited the 6 months to a year for my Global Entry renewal. I was hoping TSA Precheck would have been approved by now....
12-23-22 Received Approval Notice. Logged in a few days after Christmas and my known traveler number was available. 55 days from application to approval.
jbryant987 likes this.

Last edited by TH310; Jan 10, 2023 at 6:09 pm Reason: punctuation
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:33 pm

TSA Precheck Application

Hi all. I was recently denied Global Entry enrollment due to a singular charge (felony) in 1999 that I pled no-contest to. It was subsequently reduced to a misdemeanor, and expunged in 2008. I appealed to the ombudsman, but after reading numerous posts here it sounds like I likely have zero chance at reconsideration. I believe I only got the interview b/c my wife did my application for me and answered 'no' to the arrest question, assuming it wasn't needed due to the expungement - the Feds do not honor or recognize this; if only they knew how the event affected me, and the 180 degree changes I made to be the person I am today. I haven't even had so much as a moving violation in over a decade. In any case, I'm now turning to TSA Precheck as the next best option. I notice that they have permanent and interim disqualifications, for none of which I was found guilty of. Additionally, I can answer 'no' to all of the program ineligibility questions (which only goes back 7 years from the date of application, even if any of those offense(s) did apply to me). Does this mean that I have a shot at obtaining acceptance into the program? Has anyone here applied and got denied for their past history? I'm afraid they'll give me an interview, and then I'll get denied on the spot, again. Thank you all in advance. Mods, please move to appropriate forum if needed.

Last edited by DC67; Feb 2, 2023 at 10:35 pm Reason: Add title to thread
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:51 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by DC67
Does this mean that I have a shot at obtaining acceptance into the program? Has anyone here applied and got denied for their past history? I'm afraid they'll give me an interview, and then I'll get denied on the spot, again. Thank you all in advance. Mods, please move to appropriate forum if needed.
There are numerous examples in the "Global Entry Denial and Recourse" thread of members who had their Global Entry applications denied or membership revoked whose subsequent TSA PreCheck applications were approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.