FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:33 pm
DC67

TSA Precheck Application

Hi all. I was recently denied Global Entry enrollment due to a singular charge (felony) in 1999 that I pled no-contest to. It was subsequently reduced to a misdemeanor, and expunged in 2008. I appealed to the ombudsman, but after reading numerous posts here it sounds like I likely have zero chance at reconsideration. I believe I only got the interview b/c my wife did my application for me and answered 'no' to the arrest question, assuming it wasn't needed due to the expungement - the Feds do not honor or recognize this; if only they knew how the event affected me, and the 180 degree changes I made to be the person I am today. I haven't even had so much as a moving violation in over a decade. In any case, I'm now turning to TSA Precheck as the next best option. I notice that they have permanent and interim disqualifications, for none of which I was found guilty of. Additionally, I can answer 'no' to all of the program ineligibility questions (which only goes back 7 years from the date of application, even if any of those offense(s) did apply to me). Does this mean that I have a shot at obtaining acceptance into the program? Has anyone here applied and got denied for their past history? I'm afraid they'll give me an interview, and then I'll get denied on the spot, again. Thank you all in advance. Mods, please move to appropriate forum if needed.

Last edited by DC67; Feb 2, 2023 at 10:35 pm Reason: Add title to thread