Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by happy_spaniel
I've got my Larry code, got my ACRO certificate, and now cold feet. I am a British citizen, born in UK, but with a British (rather than UK) passport, as I live in Jersey. British gets me in under the Visa Waiver Scheme but if I apply for Global Entry I am a bit worried they may say no because I live in Jersey, and then that gives me hassle for future trips. Thoughts?
It will not be a problem. I am a Brit, live in Cayman (for last 8 years). Got GE no problem - a few Brits in Cayman (even a Spaniard who happens to now have a uk overseas passport from being in cayman so long supposedly got it as well nearly 2 years ago...) got it no problem. Larry's magic email was doing the rounds amongst friends in cayman before it became common knowledge.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
UK to join Global Entry program

Can't blinking believe it, can't get anyone to sign my photo! My doctor is away, and I don't seem to know anyone else in the list of approved people! I've met my accountant exactly once, and never met my solicitor in person!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by happy_spaniel
I've got my Larry code, got my ACRO certificate, and now cold feet. I am a British citizen, born in UK, but with a British (rather than UK) passport, as I live in Jersey. British gets me in under the Visa Waiver Scheme but if I apply for Global Entry I am a bit worried they may say no because I live in Jersey, and then that gives me hassle for future trips. Thoughts?
No problem, last time I spoke to the Jersey passport office they assured me there is actually no such thing as a Jersey passport (which I have!). They just said its rather a nice cover and its exactly the same as a regular uk passport, its just by virtue of it being issued in Jersey, it gets a slightly different look. In fact anyone from England etc losing their passport while on holiday in Jersey, would get a Jersey passport as a replacement, not a UK one.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
some bad news...

'At this time, we are no longer accepting additional Global Entry applications from citizens of the UK.'

from Larry
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
It's a very strange definition of opening it up to the UK if you can't get a code to apply. It's an easy $100 a person, you'd think they would want more to sign up.

That said, I've got my interview in Jan.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:42 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aceman
Can't blinking believe it, can't get anyone to sign my photo! My doctor is away, and I don't seem to know anyone else in the list of approved people! I've met my accountant exactly once, and never met my solicitor in person!
I am a vet, so can sign! I will be in paddington station about 12.30 on Friday. PM if any help.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chistery
It's a very strange definition of opening it up to the UK if you can't get a code to apply. It's an easy $100 a person, you'd think they would want more to sign up.

That said, I've got my interview in Jan.
well quite. but anyway - one has to hope. I am in the US a fair bit so I won't struggle for any interview date...
Old Nov 12, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Dia
Originally Posted by TheBigRat
Got my interview in IAD in Dec - cant wait to get cleared for work trips - only issue is Mrs BigRat wont have it when we travel together - she has however already thought out when we visit our place in the US that I can go and get the luggage, hire car, load it all up and swing back round and pick her up ... <sigh> outfoxed yet again ... after 25 years youd've thought I would learn ...
Sounds like Mrs BigRat is a close relative of Mrs Wasp, uncanny how they think exactly the same:-)

On another note got approved 2 weeks ago and came through a very busy LAX 4 days later in 3 minutes, best FF perk ever.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:08 pm
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Hello from a very long time lurker.
I applied for GE on the 23rd September after getting a code from Larry and receiving my ACRO.
Unfortunately I didn't get conditionally approved until 3 days after I got back from the US and I was resigned to the fact that I would have to wait until my next trip in January.
I went in to book my interview and saw that Seoul was one of the interview offices for a 2 week period only which happened to cross over with when I was there last week.
So I booked my interview for last Thursday and turned up to the office. They were pretty surprised to see a British national and suggested that I would be the only one they would see.
There were two guys interviewing who were very chatty and knowledgable. It turns out that there were three people giving out codes, two of which we're sitting in the room with me and Larry who wasn't there unfortunately as I would have liked to thank him in person.
I asked about the code situation for UK nationals and they confirmed that they have stopped giving them out citing that it was only a trial at the moment. They wouldn't be drawn into saying when it would be opened up again but they seemed pretty positive it would.
After the formalities where completed, I left the office and the approval email was already in my inbox by the time I had left the building.
So for anyone who happens to be in Seoul in the next week, book that interview now!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any idea wether non-us citizens can get the global entry card?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:47 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Any idea wether non-us citizens can get the global entry card?
No I don't think you can, because, as I understand the system, as a non US citizen you would be arriving in the USA using a GE kiosk that requires a passport and these GE kiosks don't allow the use of GE cards - they are passport & PRC's only. See link, scroll down to section - how are GE cards used.

http://www.globalentry.gov/faq.html#f1
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
No I don't think you can, because, as I understand the system, as a non US citizen you would be arriving in the USA using a GE kiosk that requires a passport and these GE kiosks don't allow the use of GE cards - they are passport & PRC's only. See link, scroll down to section - how are GE cards used.

http://www.globalentry.gov/faq.html#f1
Well yes, if you're flying into the country but one can also drive from Canada.
This artice says it is for Dutch Citizens. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...d%20flux/sno/1

I have send CPB an email.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by CTV
Hello from a very long time lurker......
So for anyone who happens to be in Seoul in the next week, book that interview now!
CTV, very nice information indeed. I'll extend a welcome to you from your first post, even if you are a long time lurker! So...welcome! Do post some more!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Nicely done, CTV! Great you got to meet some of those helfpul folks that sorted us all out
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Landed in MIA from JFK at 3:35 today, appointment set at GOES at 4:15, flight to Tampa at 6pm. That was the plan and it worked. It's 4:50pm now and I'm back in the Admirals Club.

Had to go landside, a bit of a trek to the J concourse, very efficient GOES service and ready for my flight home.

Could have been a bit of a problem without Priority Access back through security.

GOES email arrived before I reached the lounge.

Thanks to all on this thread for your help and advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.