Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by golfmad
I'd be happy to give it a try. It's only 20 minutes away. Can I just turn up?

My application is now in a bit of a mess. I have to call the enrolment centre to make a new appointment but the MacDill centre is not listed here. I've tried calling the Tampa number but it just rings out. I cannot make a new appointment online until I can get my original appointment (to which I was denied access) removed from the system.
Many people have had success with drop ins, especially at MIA - but if it is busy they will turn you away so it is a gamble. I am afraid I am not too sure about Tampa for drop ins as some will turn you away even if quiet - try asking on the main GE thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...g-time-67.html. Maybe try giving MIA a call, at the least they might get you a phone number for someone who could sort it out as some of the staff there do seem to be quite helpful (or email Larry and see if he can assist). edit, - actually sending a note to larry about it might be helpful overall - Larry might want to know about your experience, at least to warn the average joe blog not to go there!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:17 pm

Just received 'Conditional Approval'. Chronology as follows: E-mailed for and received promo Codes 16 August; Mailed to ACRO 30 August; Electronic GOES Application 9 September; 13 September ACRO Certificates received; Conditional Approval received 29 October; Interview scheduled MCO 27 November.
For those asking what to take see below letter as received:
We are pleased to inform you that your U. S. Customs and Border Protection, Global Entry membership application has been processed and you are now invited to visit an enrollment center to complete the enrollment process.
You must login into the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) at www.cbp.gov within 30 days of the date of this letter to schedule an interview to finalize your enrollment.
If you applied to Global Entry because of your current NEXUS or SENTRI membership, the CBP officer will only take your photograph and a full set of fingerprints to complete your Global Entry application. After your photo and fingerprints are taken, you will be approved for Global Entry immediately and can begin using the program.
Your Global Entry membership will expire at the same time as your NEXUS or SENTRI membership. Your membership expiration date can be found on the front or back of your card or by accessing your GOES account.
Otherwise, you must bring with you the following original documents to the enrollment center:
This Letter inviting you to an interview;
A valid passport or permanent resident card. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them to the interview so that the information can be added to your file. This provides you with the ability to use either passport at the Global Entry kiosk ;
Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are a drivers license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.
If you are a UK citizen and applied for Global Entry, and you are not a U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder) you must bring an original copy of your ACRO Disclosure Certificate (police certificate) to the interview.
When you visit the Enrollment Center, we will review your application and any additional information you provide at that time. We will verify your identity and documentation and take a full set of your fingerprints.
Finally, we will complete the following:
Explain the terms and conditions of the Global Entry program .
Answer any questions or concerns you may have; and
Take your photograph.
Thank you for applying to the Global Entry program . For more information regarding your program choice, please contact an enrollment center nearest you, or visit CBP's globalentry.gov.
Respectfully,

Supervisor, Global Entry Enrollment Center
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by golfmad
I'd be happy to give it a try. It's only 20 minutes away. Can I just turn up?

My application is now in a bit of a mess. I have to call the enrolment centre to make a new appointment but the MacDill centre is not listed here. I've tried calling the Tampa number but it just rings out. I cannot make a new appointment online until I can get my original appointment (to which I was denied access) removed from the system.
Apparently, according to Customs and Border Protection, the MacDill Air Base should not be an option as part of the online scheduling system. It is reserved for when they have a large group of air force folk who need to be approved and they do it all on one day. It's located on a remote part of the base where they house the media folk from time to time with no telephone extensions which is why there's no number that can be called.

They have escalated my problem to the Tampa field office who are going to contact me. I am not holding my breath.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:41 pm

Conditional approval received today, applied on 17th Sep,

Appointment booked at MCO for my trip in November.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Shock horror mine just came through too after applying on September 10th.

I thought it might have had something to do with the polite email I sent Larry on Friday but it appears not

I got the email just as I pulled up to the airport to head from Australia to the US...luckily I brought my police certificate with me just in case!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Emirates Silver, Turkish Gold, Etihad Gold, Club Carlson Silver,
Another data point, for a UK and Irish Citizen:

Received Code: 14-Aug
Applied: 9-Oct
Approved: 29-Oct
Interview: Scheduled 8-Nov at JFK (Through a week before as well and will try a walk up)
Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
ACRO sent off - c. Thurs 5 Sept (needed to e-mail another photograph through)
ACRO received - Sat 21 Sept (standard Service)
GE application submitted - Mon 23 Sept (Pending)
[EDIT] Conditional Approval Notification - Tues 29 Oct
Appointment booked - Early December [END EDIT]

I'll update this post when I have an update from the other side of the pond

I only hope that I can manage an interview in downtown Manhattan when I'm over there at the end of November.
I'll vote for batch processing too!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:55 pm

Mum and sister submitted their applications on the GOES site on October 13. Just received conditional approval notices today. (+16 days). Surprised it was so fast given the recent stories of up to 7 weeks. They will schedule interviews at MIA when they come in January. Appointments available every day from November 2 onwards, so that's a relief.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Thanks, kingdomchris - that pretty much confirms there was a holdup in the process somewhere along the line and they've now cleared the backlog
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:28 pm

question: my son is 6 years old and a British citizen
Do I need to request an ACRO certificate for his application to GE considering his age?
thanks
Diego
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
I also got my conditional approval yesterday, after about 4 weeks. Seems like it was a good day for getting approval.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:38 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Many people have had success with drop ins, especially at MIA - but if it is busy they will turn you away so it is a gamble. I am afraid I am not too sure about Tampa for drop ins as some will turn you away even if quiet - try asking on the main GE thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...g-time-67.html. Maybe try giving MIA a call, at the least they might get you a phone number for someone who could sort it out as some of the staff there do seem to be quite helpful (or email Larry and see if he can assist). edit, - actually sending a note to larry about it might be helpful overall - Larry might want to know about your experience, at least to warn the average joe blog not to go there!
I did my global entry interview at MIA and I asked them about drop in times. Their official stance was that they accept drop ins between 3pm and 7pm. They are open 10am-10pm.

Outside those times, I got the impression they usually take you but make you wait behind people with appointments. Whilst I was there being interviewed, a guy from Mexico was being interviewed at the next window. He had brought his granny with him and asked if she could get hers at the same time even though she didn't have an appointment. They said she had to wait a bit until appointments had cleared, but then they would see her.

If you call the office beforehand they will give you a realistic answer about if they will accept you without an appointment.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:48 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Sorry if the answer to this is hidden in this thread somewhere, but I have now got my conditional approval and have an interview lined up in Dec.

Once approved, what is my GE linked to? My passport? If my passport expires does that matter? [Obviously I'm assuming I get a new passport]
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:53 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Sorry if the answer to this is hidden in this thread somewhere, but I have now got my conditional approval and have an interview lined up in Dec.

Once approved, what is my GE linked to? My passport? If my passport expires does that matter? [Obviously I'm assuming I get a new passport]
Yes your passport, unless you have a visa, in which case that is what you scan when you go through the GE gates.
If you change passports, there is a place when you log into your GE profile to change this yourself.

Check your info is correct if/when you get approval. They got my visa number wrong when I was enrolled, and I had to call to get it changed.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
Yes your passport, unless you have a visa, in which case that is what you scan when you go through the GE gates.
If you change passports, there is a place when you log into your GE profile to change this yourself.

Check your info is correct if/when you get approval. They got my visa number wrong when I was enrolled, and I had to call to get it changed.
Thanks for the quick response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.