Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 6:59 am

We had the interview 2 weeks ago at MIA we needed the police certificates as well as proof of address, and they asked my wife loads of questions I got have you ever been to Mexico or Canada? Both yes they did ask my son if he had been to Mexico as well. Anyway all 4 of us processed in about 10 mins and the email arrived as we walked out of the room.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Last week in downtown DC they just wanted the letter inviting me for interview, the police certificate and passport. The letter only asked for proof of residency (passport for UK), and I did not have to provide proof of address. No extra questions asked about me or my travel, so it just seemed like processing.

They asked for a US address "in case they had to send any papers". TSA PreCheck was not offered, though I already have it provided by AA (has so far worked one out of two times tried).
Old Dec 8, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Basic Disclosure Scotland seems to work, and is easier to obtain than the others, it's all online. Just enter the final digits on the online CBP form since it's too long for the data field. I've been through my own process, that of my grandmother, and unofficially acted as interpreter for 2 other interviews (a married couple). They seem to need the police certificate to be scanned, as well as a swipe of the passport, plus a scan of proof of address (and the bar for that is quite low, a utility bill will do). To be honest I felt it was a box ticking exercise once they got past "is this person really the individual who applied, and tells us the truth about his/her travel movements". In other words, the real scrutiny took place before you get to the interview.
Ah OK, didn't know if they accepted the basic ones or not - I already had an Enhanced one for work anyway so that bit was free and took zero time :P I'd gone and printed out copies of utility bills in the LAX Flagship lounge (love their ePrinting solution, did it from my phone!) but they never asked for them in the end - I guess the address on my driving licence was sufficient. I agree with your assessment of things re most of the screening being done in advance - let's face it, it's gives them a higher level of confidence than routine checks do given you have to get a police cert. Just a shame they don't give us automatic TSApre as a result! (and even if they did that non-US airlines don't have the ability to take the freq traveller number needed for it!)
Old Dec 8, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GFL, EK Platinum
Originally Posted by layz
Has anyone been asked for their police certificate at the interview?
Vegas last Monday took 3 minutes max. Passport only asked for
Old Dec 8, 2013, 7:49 pm

MCO last week only wanted my passport did not even look at driving licence or police cert. Other half had his scanned though - different person interviewing, though the one I had seemed to be in charge, all very inconsistent.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by SQFAN

Does anyone know what differences are there for an overseas Brit? Do I need a Police certificate in my current overseas country too? TIA.
SQFAN, not sure if someone already answered, but no differences that i could tell. I just got my police cert from ACRO and not from cayman where I am just now. I didn't realise i might have been able to use the Scottish version at the time as a Scot, it was an easy process anyway. Oh and yes, i was asked for the ACRO cert. I took a bunch of other docs showing my name/address, they got pushed aside.

Last edited by jcm9000; Dec 9, 2013 at 8:13 am Reason: To actually answer the question properly!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
Originally Posted by Full Score
I also applied for, and received, my GE approval at San Ysidro, but was told by them that cards are not issued to UK citizens.

However, on arrival at Miami the other day where nearly half the kiosks were "out of order", I had to speak to an Immigration officer who asked to see my card. My explanation of one not being issued didn't appear to satisfy him, so he proceeded to hold up my entry into the country for at least five minutes whilst he gave me a grilling.

Please let us know if you do actually receive a card via the folks in San Ysidro.
We haven't received a card so far but we did get emailed letter confirming our application had been approved and that cards are only sent to US citizens and that you can't use cards at kiosks! However arrived into lax terminal 6 and we successfully went through, brilliant! Also used the goes customs line and straight through no queuing. We were really impressed
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I did not see Full Score's post. I have never had an issue at MIA (my usual US entry point) and you definitely will not get a GE card, but did note half the machines were out of order last time at MIA which surprised me. The MIA GE staff that approved me back in June were confused they were dealing with a Brit (only the manager knew) so no real surprise the immigration staff would get confused (then again they deal with a lot of foreigners, a few of which have GE...). If anyone else comes across this, an email to Larry Panetta may be in order, I am betting he will send out a memo to MIA or wherever it occurs.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by jcm9000
SQFAN, not sure if someone already answered, but no differences that i could tell. I just got my police cert from ACRO and not from cayman where I am just now. I didn't realise i might have been able to use the Scottish version at the time as a Scot, it was an easy process anyway. Oh and yes, i was asked for the ACRO cert. I took a bunch of other docs showing my name/address, they got pushed aside.
Thanks jcm9000 ^
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: Various
So to confirm, you don't get a card? I wondered why mine hadn't turned up after a month
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Been for my interview today in IAD - same as others - ACRO, Passport and Driving licence asked for - supplied, interviewed and email as I queued for the security check on my way to the gate 10 minutes later telling me to check my GOES account - Approved. Happy Bunny... took less than 15 minutes. To confirm from the interviewing officer, no more net new British applications will be entertained for now. I asked on behalf of Mrs BigRat...
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RichardMannion
So to confirm, you don't get a card? I wondered why mine hadn't turned up after a month
Nope, not as a non-US citizen.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
I had my interview at JFK on Friday and I was only asked a couple of simple questions about my name, address and occupation etc, provided my fingerprints, photo and my Acro form was scanned in, and that was it. I asked whether I would get an email and I was told they don't provide these now, and I was approved and I could start using it immediately. Great I thought.

Well I ended up with my first GE attempt trying to get back in to MIA from GCM. After scanning my passport it immediately failed my attempt and just asked me to report to Passport Control. I took my slip and handed it over and was told that my application hadn't been approved because no one at JFK had reviewed my fingerprints yet, and the email automatically gets issued. So I don't think the woman I saw knew what she was doing.

The passport control guy also said it wasn't the first time, because the JFK centre seemed to make a lot of errors. So I've got to ring JFK GE centre and get them to sort it out. Luckily I'm due back at JFK on Sunday. I think I was also fortunate to be dealt with by a guy who's involved in doing interviews at Miami - he was happy to process this use of GE by taking my fingerprints. I would not have been happy having to get to the back of a very long queue.

Anyway, if anyone has an interview coming up worth explicitly checking at the interview whether the officer has checked your fingerprints.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by billinghamn
.....I ended up with my first GE attempt trying to get back in to MIA from GCM.....
I also made my first entry at MIA from GCM and found that, literally, more than half the kiosks were out of order. Then the one that I was able to use reached the final print out screen and told me it couldn't proceed. I had to queue up in a long GE line before a grilling with an immigration officer.

Have the machines been fixed yet, please?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Full Score
Have the machines been fixed yet, please?
No they haven't - there must be about 10 in a line aren't there, and I must have counted 7 were out of order, 1 was being used by someone else, and I took the next one, and I think there was another one beyond the one I was using.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.