Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:53 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamespvg
Well, I was approved yesterday, although the (friendly) officer at SLC was a little dubious of foreign nationals with visas, rather than green cards.

I didn't get a demonstration of the kiosk, so a question for those who've used them: how does the machine know what status I'm entering in? Presumably I could be WT or using my F visa. (And I know others have multiple different visas.)
It asks you to select what status you're entering under. My CBP officer helpfully pointed out that usual WT status for VWP folks is on the 2nd page (WB for business is on the first). So you can pick the correct status for that trip without a problem.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
I realise the official policy is not to send Global Entry cards to non residents.

However a few people have stated that they will get the card anyway.
I suspect this is down to the DHS officer not knowing the difference.

Anyway has any non-resident (excluding Mexicans and Canadians) got one?
Just curious?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by jamespvg
well, i was approved yesterday, although the (friendly) officer at slc was a little dubious of foreign nationals with visas, rather than green cards.

I didn't get a demonstration of the kiosk, so a question for those who've used them: How does the machine know what status i'm entering in? Presumably i could be wt or using my f visa. (and i know others have multiple different visas.)
i have a visa and was told to swipe the passport page with the visa into the machine
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Just tried to get a code from both BA gold line and Larry Panetta - but no joy. He replied "At this time, we are no longer accepting additional Global Entry applications from citizens of the UK."
Does anyone have any idea when more codes might become available?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
I have been checking regularly for a cancellation at Cincinnati - nothing until January, then this morning bingo, slot opened up for the middle of next week just when I happen to be in town. Splendid.

Guess I'll still try for a walk-in at Newark when passing through on Sunday.
Update: the walk-in at EWR didn't happen due to inbound flight delay and prolonged immigration queue making the connection too tight to try my luck.

Scheduled appointment at Cincinnati was painless. The enrollment office at Cincinnati is off airport, so giving myself plenty of time to find the place I arrived at 1215 for 1300 appointment and was processed within 10 mins of arrival. The CBP officer was very pleasant and said I was the first non-US citizen she had processed. Asked for my conditional approval letter, passport and driving licence - she had no idea what the ACRO certificate was ! Some confirmatory questions, photo, fingerprints - job done ^
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My grandma got done in Las Vegas the other week......
Oh dear!!

Seriously, that did make me laugh. Ever need someone willing to speak their mind? Employ a granny. Job done!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:04 pm

Jersey resident for Global Entry

I've got my Larry code, got my ACRO certificate, and now cold feet. I am a British citizen, born in UK, but with a British (rather than UK) passport, as I live in Jersey. British gets me in under the Visa Waiver Scheme but if I apply for Global Entry I am a bit worried they may say no because I live in Jersey, and then that gives me hassle for future trips. Thoughts?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:09 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
Update: the walk-in at EWR didn't happen due to inbound flight delay and prolonged immigration queue making the connection too tight to try my luck.

Scheduled appointment at Cincinnati was painless. The enrollment office at Cincinnati is off airport, so giving myself plenty of time to find the place I arrived at 1215 for 1300 appointment and was processed within 10 mins of arrival. The CBP officer was very pleasant and said I was the first non-US citizen she had processed. Asked for my conditional approval letter, passport and driving licence - she had no idea what the ACRO certificate was ! Some confirmatory questions, photo, fingerprints - job done ^
Sounds ok - but I hope she processed you correctly... When I was processed, I had a CBP officer who'd not processed a UKC before, and he was guided by a senior CBP officer who explained to the officer about the ACRO certificate, how it needed to be scanned in and attached to a certain part of the file to make it complete - hope she did all this, despite not knowing what the certificate was for.
I'm guessing the application wouldn't have gone through without the ACRO scan being attached though - but who knows? There seems to be much inconsistency about applications, advice given, what pages to scan at the kiosk etc.

Did you get an immediate confirmation of enrollment?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by happy_spaniel
I've got my Larry code, got my ACRO certificate, and now cold feet. I am a British citizen, born in UK, but with a British (rather than UK) passport, as I live in Jersey. British gets me in under the Visa Waiver Scheme but if I apply for Global Entry I am a bit worried they may say no because I live in Jersey, and then that gives me hassle for future trips. Thoughts?
I would have thought it unlikely that the agent processing your application would have much knowledge of the geography or constitutional arrangements pertaining to Jersey (frankly I'm not sure how well known they are in the UK either). So I'd think you'd be ok. The actual interview - and I've managed to attend 3 of them now - is a very basic formality indeed, unless you say something very strange indeed which conflicts with the information they already have on you. My understanding is that the main part of the scrutiny process has already happened in your case.

What you could do is take along, by way of proof of address, something that has UK all over it. A relative of mine used a UK Tax Code notification which has lots of UK symbols all over it. Or perhaps a mortgage statement from a well known UK financial institution? If asked I'd just say that Jersey is an island off the coast of England. (So is Nantucket I suppose, but never mind).
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
Sounds ok - but I hope she processed you correctly... When I was processed, I had a CBP officer who'd not processed a UKC before, and he was guided by a senior CBP officer who explained to the officer about the ACRO certificate, how it needed to be scanned in and attached to a certain part of the file to make it complete - hope she did all this, despite not knowing what the certificate was for.
I'm guessing the application wouldn't have gone through without the ACRO scan being attached though - but who knows? There seems to be much inconsistency about applications, advice given, what pages to scan at the kiosk etc.

Mine wasn't scanned through...he just punched in a few details from the cert.

Got the approval about two hours after the interview though so seems there was no drama!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:43 pm

Thanks - the wonderful Larry just answered my email and said British Citizen was fine.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
I did. Got the change of status email and it's showing approved on my GOES page.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 2:48 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jozdemir
Mine wasn't scanned through...he just punched in a few details from the cert.

Got the approval about two hours after the interview though so seems there was no drama!
Great news! It seems like there is plenty of inconsistency about these kinds of things. The important bit is getting the acceptance, however they process your application.
I'm not even sure I put the right ACRO certificate number into the application form yet it seemed to work ok....
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Got my interview in IAD in Dec - cant wait to get cleared for work trips - only issue is Mrs BigRat wont have it when we travel together - she has however already thought out when we visit our place in the US that I can go and get the luggage, hire car, load it all up and swing back round and pick her up ... <sigh> outfoxed yet again ... after 25 years youd've thought I would learn ...
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBigRat
Got my interview in IAD in Dec - cant wait to get cleared for work trips - only issue is Mrs BigRat wont have it when we travel together - she has however already thought out when we visit our place in the US that I can go and get the luggage, hire car, load it all up and swing back round and pick her up ... <sigh> outfoxed yet again ... after 25 years youd've thought I would learn ...
So..... not such a Big Rat, more a little kitten!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.