Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tsg20
Mine also just came through (applied Sept 10th).
.......and mine (applied 15 Sept). Hoping for a walk-in somewhere next week
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold. IHG Platinum Ambassador
My wife and I both applied on 26th Sep and both got our preapprovals through today as well......
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Smile

Mine came through a few minutes ago (applied 10 Sep).
Tried to book an appointment in HNL but first was 20 NOV and I am going back to UK next week.
I checked LAX but no appointments for months.
Rechecked HNL - single appointment 2PM this Thursday.
Perfect.
All done and dusted in about 5 minutes of notification of change of status.
RESULT

Moral of story.............. keep checking the appointments ............. cancellations can pop up at anytime.

Last edited by Discovery Bay; Oct 29, 2013 at 11:11 am
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by TheBigRat
Registered on the 23rd September - still pending review .... hopefully not too much longer given I've been waiting for 5 weeks ....
I submitted my application on 22nd September and got my conditional approval today. If the approvals are coming strictly in order of application date, you may not have to wait much longer.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Haha batch processing anyone? SJU availability wide open so I've booked in there to do it on my BA TP run
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Chap in my work just had his pre-approval today as well, has also been waiting for many weeks.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
UK to join Global Entry program

Just got my invite through - other than Doha, Canada and South Korea - are all the enrolment centres in the USA ? Or am I missing one in my old age ..
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:15 am

Joy

I just this second was conditionally approved, UK passport holder with an O-1 US Visa because I'm so very special.

Posted application for ACRO: 30 Sep
Email from ACRO confirming receipt: 7 Oct (standard service)
ACRO certificate received: 10 Oct
GOES application submitted: 10 Oct
GOES conditional approval: 29 Oct
Interview scheduled for mid December at the downtown DC Location

Am in NYC and DC in December. Didn't fancy booking a slot to coincide with arrival at JFK or departure at IAD in case of delay unusualness and wanted to avoid a schlepp out to JFK or, heaven forfend, IAD on a another day.

The NYC downtown location was offering no appointments until 2014. But JFK and the DC downtown location were wide open through November and December.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheBigRat
Just got my invite through - other than Doha, Canada and South Korea - are all the enrolment centres in the USA ? Or am I missing one in my old age ..
For a while AMS was an option, but pretty much just in the US now.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Hurrah! Finally conditionally approved after 7 weeks and 2 days. Wife has also been conditionally approved after 7 weeks and 1 day. Both booked in for interviews at JFK in Dec.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just conditionally approved and appt made for Jan, in time for my March LAX trip
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Bother - got my conditional approval, but gutted that AMS has been withdrawn. Will have to do it next time I am already there. What a bore! When did AMS disappear and why?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by golfmad
However, having now moved to 'conditional approval' I tried to schedule an appointment but there's not a single opening in Tampa until December. I can go to Sanford or Orlando or Miami in October and was about to press the button on Orlando when I spotted MacDill Air Force Base which is only about 35 minutes away from us. I've scheduled an appointment for October but there's no address. It just says MacDill AFB. I can see 'issues' when I rock up at the gate trying to get past the armed guards...

Has anyone had their interview there?
An update for anyone considering scheduling an appointment at MacDill. Don't do it unless you have a base pass or know someone who can sponsor you on to the base. I turned up for my scheduled interview today with all the required paperwork in hand and was turned away.

At the main gate the armed guard did not have me on the list and sent me to the visitor centre. Once there the first person I spoke to had no idea that anything related to Global Entry existed on the base. Apparently there were a few other people who turned up this morning and were sent packing. Someone else overheard the conversation and suggested it was over at US Central Command (Centcom). However, there's no way for a civilian to get to that part of the base without a base pass or someone around to act as a sponsor. Had I realised that I'd have asked my next door neighbour this morning who works inside the base.

It did look a little odd when I booked it so I'm not that surprised really.

Pity though. Am off to the UK next week and was wanting to give it a go on the way home.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by golfmad

Pity though. Am off to the UK next week and was wanting to give it a go on the way home.
Golfmad, do you have time to try a drop in at tampa or mia? Might also be some cancellations in the next day or two that pop up. It would be worth the drive (if you are as barking as me who flew to mia specifically for the interview, back to gcm an hour after)!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Golfmad, do you have time to try a drop in at tampa or mia? Might also be some cancellations in the next day or two that pop up. It would be worth the drive (if you are as barking as me who flew to mia specifically for the interview, back to gcm an hour after)!
I'd be happy to give it a try. It's only 20 minutes away. Can I just turn up?

My application is now in a bit of a mess. I have to call the enrolment centre to make a new appointment but the MacDill centre is not listed here. I've tried calling the Tampa number but it just rings out. I cannot make a new appointment online until I can get my original appointment (to which I was denied access) removed from the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.