Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:42 pm

For anyone looking for appointments, there were over 70 in-person appointments available in Detroit this afternoon. Don't know if they are still there but if you're reading this and looking for one might be worth a shot.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 24, 2022 at 8:40 pm Reason: Remove response to a deleted post
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by evanderm
For anyone looking for appointments, there were over 70 in-person appointments available in Detroit this afternoon. Don't know if they are still there but if you're reading this and looking for one might be worth a shot.
Please do come back and update us. Remote interview is currently not yet available for NEXUS renewals, I doubt it is available for first time NEXUS applicant.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 24, 2022 at 8:41 pm Reason: Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:49 am

I recently applied for Nexus as a first-time applicant. The application shows "Pending review". However, at the top of the dashboard, it shows a Membership/ PassID which is a different number than the application ID.

Unless I missed it before, does it mean that my application has been reviewed by one agency and is pending with other since it now has Pass ID. Just guessing :-)
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by qwert97
I recently applied for Nexus as a first-time applicant. The application shows "Pending review". However, at the top of the dashboard, it shows a Membership/ PassID which is a different number than the application ID.

Unless I missed it before, does it mean that my application has been reviewed by one agency and is pending with other since it now has Pass ID. Just guessing :-)
Your pass ID is issued immediately after your application is received. Means nothing really until your application is fully approved. No tsa precheck in the meantime for instance.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:51 pm

Are Canadians applying for Nexus able to do the interview in the US?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by nexusvictim
Are Canadians applying for Nexus able to do the interview in the US?
Yes, they are!

...and welcme to FlyerTalk!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied for Nexus on 5/1/2021, and finally received my conditional approval on 6/23/2022. 418 days.
I have had global entry for 10 years now, and decided to switch to Nexus this time around.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the conditional approval!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:54 pm

Hello, first post here. I've been reading this forum since I applied for Nexus. Felt like providing my update today.
Current GE member since 2019
Nexus Applied 5/12/2022 (First time, For family of 3)
Conditional Approval Received: 6/27/2022 (46 days)

Have an option to schedule remote interviews but no dates available.
I'm open to flying to wherever I can get 3 interviews scheduled the same day. We'll make it our summer break trip. Wanted to go to Champlain, NY but 3 openings on one day are not available. any tips?

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sinseattle
Hello, first post here. I've been reading this forum since I applied for Nexus. Felt like providing my update today.
Current GE member since 2019
Nexus Applied 5/12/2022 (First time, For family of 3)
Conditional Approval Received: 6/27/2022 (46 days)

Have an option to schedule remote interviews but no dates available.
Welcome to FT. Currently NEXUS remote interview is not available for renewal members. It is very unlikely remote interview will be available for first time NEXUS applicants.

I'm open to flying to wherever I can get 3 interviews scheduled the same day. We'll make it our summer break trip. Wanted to go to Champlain, NY but 3 openings on one day are not available. any tips?

Thanks!
Try Free appointment checker for NEXUS interviews, generously built by Bbcei. Please come back and update us your final result.
sinseattle likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:31 pm

Once I see the tweet from BBcei bot, what do I do to grab that slot? The scheduler never seems to show any availability, even right after the tweet
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:05 am

Thanks!
As of now, appointments at Warroad, MN and International Falls, MN for this summer are wide open. Of course, they aren't exactly good / convenient vacation spots.

Based on your name, I'm assuming Blaine is the most convenient location for you. If you're set on doing all 3 interviews on the same day, watch out for batch releases at Blaine. Twice since the start of May, CBP released a few hundred spots for Blaine at once, and those spots lasted a few hours before running out.

Once I see the tweet from BBcei bot, what do I do to grab that slot? The scheduler never seems to show any availability, even right after the tweet
There’s no special trick. Just log in and try to book it. If you don’t see it, that means someone else already grabbed it first. Demand for spots at Blaine is very high so spots disappear very quickly.
sinseattle likes this.

Last edited by Bbcei; Jun 29, 2022 at 12:18 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
I used the bot and got an appointment within a month of receiving conditional approval. My experience in working with the bot was this:

1. I switched on Twitter notifications on my laptop.
2. As soon as I saw the notification come up, I logged into Nexus, and clicked straight onto the location I wanted to go to.
3. You have to move very quickly - within a few seconds of receiving the Twitter notification.
4. It took me a few tries to secure an appointment. I initially got one a few months out, but then I got a notification for one sooner, so I cancelled my existing appointment and took the earlier one.
5. My spouse was able to secure an appointment even sooner than me using the bot and received the Nexus card within 10 days of the interview.

I was very impressed with the operation of the bot, and it helped me secure an appointment quickly and efficiently.
sinseattle likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: NEXUS
Hey All, In the same boat as a lot of folks. Indian citizen with a Canada PR living in BC. Applied for NEXUS 5 weeks back but still waiting for conditional approval.

My 5 year old kid is a US citizen and Canada PR. Applied for her Nexus as well. Ideally, her conditional approval should be way quicker than mine. Let's see how long it takes.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:57 pm

Had my interview today. Got a phone call while I was driving from Toronto to Detroit saying I could come in at any time and didn't have to wait for my specific appointment time.

There were no CBSA officers working in the Enrolment Centre today because of the Canada Day holiday.

My TTP dashboard now reflects that I'm a Canadian citizen, but my Netherlands passport is still listed as the document proving citizenship and allowing entry to the US. Hopefully this updates or I'll have to do a walk-in in Niagara.

Fingers crossed the card comes soon, and shows my citizenship as Canadian.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by KatanaPilot
Hi everyone,

I applied for Nexus on 5/1/2021, and finally received my conditional approval on 6/23/2022. 418 days.
I have had global entry for 10 years now, and decided to switch to Nexus this time around.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the conditional approval!
congrats!! We're at 427 days now. Hope we hear soon too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.