Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:36 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

Please keep in mind that the Trusted Travelers forum is informational.

Members come here in search of information and practical advice about applying for and using the various Trusted Travelers programs; please limit your postings here to seeking and providing practical information, and sharing news, experiences and data points about NEXUS applications approval timelines.

Commentary, opinions and rants about about government bureaucracy belong in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum or OMNI/PR (access to OMNI is limited to members who have been on FlyerTalk for 180 days and posted 180 contributive posts).

Non-informational content will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Montoya080
Regarding the time it takes to find out if you're conditionally approved, you'll see in this thread that some people who did the paper application only found out about it by calling in.
I was wrong to say that they don't send a letter, as some people did receive a letter. But you should call in.

<deleted by moderator>
You were right, I was approved back in October. Kicking myself now, gotta wait til this shutdown is over to schedule my interview!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by Sintaku
You were right, I was approved back in October. Kicking myself now, gotta wait til this shutdown is over to schedule my interview!
Reason number 8000 to never do a paper application. Honestly CBSA needs to get rid of that option. Yes, there will be approximately 4 older persons who have no internet access or friend or family member who can help them with an online application, but the cost savings on not having to manually process paper applications would be worth it. I imagine they might be getting more such applications as people play the exchange rate difference of approximately $12. Kids are already free though, so any real benefit is neglible.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: UA MM
Now at three months and still "Pending Review".
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:11 am

Applied via paper application and mailed on Nov 16th.
Credit card statement shows transaction date of Nov 23rd.
Called in on Jan 28th to find out the status of my application and found out that I was conditionally approved on Jan 7th.
Have not received the conditional approval letter in the mail yet.
Managed to get an appointment for interview on Feb 6th.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:20 am

Conditionally approved

Applied 9/26
Conditional approval 1/27
Interview, iris scan and approval 2/1
Cbp officer said card should arrive in 2-3 weeks

No email received for conditional approval but got an email about status change after interview.
Very nice and professional officers, right from front desk to cbp and Cbsa.

am sure others will get approved soon. Good luck to all and safe travels. I appreciate everyone providing helpful information here and supporting each other.
Montoya080 likes this.

Last edited by gulrajb; Feb 1, 2019 at 6:58 pm
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Now at three months and still "Pending Review".
I have joined your club as of today. Applied on Oct 29, and now at three months.

Might not help my case that I traveled to 3 countries (other than US, Canada) in the year 2018.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:30 am

Applied: December 24, 2018
Conditionally Approved: January 28, 2019.

The approval may have been earlier honestly, I didn't realize the need to check. I probably haven't checked since mid-January. Just assumed they were shut down and were not completing applications.

A friend applied yesterday, January 30. Will update with his progress, as I will be checking every day.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by deepax90
I have joined your club as of today. Applied on Oct 29, and now at three months.

Might not help my case that I traveled to 3 countries (other than US, Canada) in the year 2018.
I travelled to 4 other countries (including Mainland China), applied on Oct 16 and got approved in December.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: AC*E 50K
Yay, finally approved! Applied in September, just approved within the last week (I checked today on the site). Seems like things are happening now that the shutdown is (temporarily) over.

Since I had a previous membership that had expired, I don't need to go for an interview, the new card is on its way to me - bonus.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Originally Posted by ajretz

The approval may have been earlier honestly, I didn't realize the need to check. I probably haven't checked since mid-January. Just assumed they were shut down and were not completing applications.

A friend applied yesterday, January 30. Will update with his progress, as I will be checking every day.

I applied in November and I still haven't heard anything back.... You must of gotten lucky.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
I applied in November and I still haven't heard anything back.... You must of gotten lucky.
US Citizens, GE holders, no travel other than US / Canada / Mexico.
Applied Nov 21 for myself, my wife, and 2 kids. My wife and kids got conditionally approved Jan 9. Mine still pending.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:31 pm

Canadian citizen, applied online for first Nexus card on Jan 19 for myself, wife, and child. Wife & child got pre-approval on Feb 1, while mine is still pending.

Not sure why mine is still pending while my family's are approved.

Last edited by kulb; Mar 8, 2019 at 11:28 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by ajretz

Update on my friend's application...
Applied: Jan 30, 2019 (Wednesday)
Conditionally Approved: February 5, 2019 (Tuesday)

Yes, less than 7 days for approval. I am shocked. Unfortunately we will not be able to get up to Detroit before the Goverment shuts down again, so we're praying it will be opened back up by March 16 when our appointments are currently set.
Montoya080 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:39 am

Applied Oct 29th. Called this morning on the number 800-842-7647 and was told I passed Canadian check in December and now is awaiting US clearance.

Of course, just happens in my case that canadian clearance takes long enough for it to drag in to US shut down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.