Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Basie007
I have received my conditional approval, and naively thought that scheduling an interview would be easy. I have an up-coming trip through LAX in about a month, and scheduled y arriving flight to allow all morning to schedule my interview. To my surprise, I found that the entire day is booked, and that many days in February are unavailable. I looked at Long Beach, and the entire month of Feb. is booked.
Surprisingly, the situation at JFK, for example, is the opposite, with most days available, so scheduling an interview may be very easy at some centers and difficult at others. I'd like to a avoid the need to tie up a whole day flying to LAX and home ( not to mention the expense) simply for an interview that seems to be a formality! As others have suggested, I'll keep trying to schedule at LAX, but if I can't maybe I'll take my chances as a walk-in.
This seems to be fairly common. I was conditionally approved in late February, 2015 but I had to wait until late-April, 2015 for an appointment at CLT

Oh by the way, welcome to Flyertalk and congrats on your first post!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:26 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

One question I was asked which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet:

"Has anyone asked you to apply for GE, or offered to pay the application fee for you?"

I answered yes. I used a credit card that offers a fee credit for this purpose.

She then asked "any person?"

I said no and she moved on.

Anyone else get that? I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cbn42
One question I was asked which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet:

"Has anyone asked you to apply for GE, or offered to pay the application fee for you?"

I answered yes. I used a credit card that offers a fee credit for this purpose.

She then asked "any person?"

I said no and she moved on.

Anyone else get that? I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here.
I've observed that line of questioning, but it wasn't asked of me or anyone else in my family circle who used a third/corporate party to pay. [Airline was paying for me.] CBP ask it to see if someone is aiming to use a GE applicant as smuggler of contraband.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My interviewer acted as though he wanted to get rid of me as quickly as possible, strictly sticking to confirming some of the details on the application.

A slight digression regarding the card itself ... my interview was on Wednesday afternoon, and it arrived in my mailbox the following Monday! Lighting on the picture itself is terrible - such bad shadows that I look like a raccoon (or I'd been in one hell of a brawl).
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:45 am

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
It seems like most people get asked if they've had any previous arrests or dealings with police officers. I'm considering applying for GE but was pulled over for a DWI a handful of years ago. I ended up getting the conviction reduced to a careless driving, so I don't have a DWI on my record. But if they ask have I been arrested and for what, I'm assuming I should just be honest and tell them I was arrested for a DWI and only convicted of a careless driving. I'm just worried from everything I've read that any mention of a DWI will disqualify me. Anyone else had anything similar?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ebes1099
It seems like most people get asked if they've had any previous arrests or dealings with police officers. I'm considering applying for GE but was pulled over for a DWI a handful of years ago. I ended up getting the conviction reduced to a careless driving, so I don't have a DWI on my record. But if they ask have I been arrested and for what, I'm assuming I should just be honest and tell them I was arrested for a DWI and only convicted of a careless driving. I'm just worried from everything I've read that any mention of a DWI will disqualify me. Anyone else had anything similar?
The failure to disclose the arrest will disqualify you. Telling them you were arrested and convicted of careless driving will not. If they specifically ask what you were initially arrested for (not convicted of), tell them. Honesty first!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:09 am

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
The failure to disclose the arrest will disqualify you. Telling them you were arrested and convicted of careless driving will not. If they specifically ask what you were initially arrested for (not convicted of), tell them. Honesty first!
I wasn't thinking of not disclosing it, I know you have to disclose any convictions in the application process. But technically, what I was arrested for isn't what I was convicted for. And I get the impression that a DWI conviction might disqualify you, but I'm hoping a DWI arrest with only a conviction of a careless driving might not disqualify me.

I'm just worried that if I say I was arrested for a DWI, even if I was never convicted of a DWI that might worry the interviewer into not approving me.

I would assume someone else who's applied has been arrested for something but then never convicted or convicted of a lesser crime. I suppose I'll just apply and go through the process and find out.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ebes1099
I wasn't thinking of not disclosing it, I know you have to disclose any convictions in the application process. But technically, what I was arrested for isn't what I was convicted for. And I get the impression that a DWI conviction might disqualify you, but I'm hoping a DWI arrest with only a conviction of a careless driving might not disqualify me.

I'm just worried that if I say I was arrested for a DWI, even if I was never convicted of a DWI that might worry the interviewer into not approving me.

I would assume someone else who's applied has been arrested for something but then never convicted or convicted of a lesser crime. I suppose I'll just apply and go through the process and find out.
I was arrested for something and then never convicted. I went ahead and gave every detail of the arrest and the outcome. Seemed the smartest choice.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:01 pm

I have my GE interview Monday ( Feb 22 ) I was told to bring my
Conditional Approval letter and Passport.

Problem is I can't find a Conditional Approval Letter
I have checked to see if it was blocked by a pop up blocker but nothing seems to be blocked.

Has anyone had this problem in the past ?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by TheMiz

I have checked to see if it was blocked by a pop up blocker but nothing seems to be blocked.

You can access an electronic copy and print it from the GOES site.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by hi-guy
You can access an electronic copy and print it from the GOES site.
That is the only place I have looked for it.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: A few, *G,
Originally Posted by TheMiz

They should be able to print one for the file when you check in.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by surreycrv
They should be able to print one for the file when you check in.

I actually just got off the phone with the interview center I picked. I explained that neither my wife and myself got the Conditional Approval Letter , he said go to the GOES website and it should be there, I explained I have tried that for 36 hours , I changed settings on my pop up blockers to allow all pop ups etc and still no letter. He said he has no way of pulling the letters himself but "it should be a problem" I explained my drive for the interview is just over 2 hours one way and he did take our names and times of our interview and he looked it up and said " we should be fine , see you and Susan Monday"

This is all so odd
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I had a recent interview for renewal... I volunteered that I had forgotten to list some of the many countries I had visited in the past 5 years on my renewal application. He couldn't care less and was not interested.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
My interview was super easy. Female CBP officer told me I had a couple tiny gaps on my application (data entry error, changed address on a yearly basis for a while). Corrected them. Asked if I had been to a foreign country (I had not). Asked why I was getting GE (answered primarily for Precheck and for use on international travel occasionally).

Photo for the card and tutorial on the machine and I was out the door rather quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.