Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:26 am

Applied Aug 10, 2019
CA - ??
57 days
Naturalized Citizen for 10 years
Houston based
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by almondtree
My husband is now at 137 days waiting for CA. Anybody waiting longer? If I could, I'd ask for the $100 back. This is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!
We are losing 2-3 days every week, so this is not surprising. If I had to bet, I would say check's in the mail ... should happen this week.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by almondtree
My husband is now at 137 days waiting for CA. Anybody waiting longer? If I could, I'd ask for the $100 back. This is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!
I'm at 136 days. Applied on 5/21/2019. Escalated on ~ 9/6/2019. I was in the Bay Area at time of application, but I'm temporarily in the Midwest until May.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:13 am

Applied June 20 so 116 days and waiting. I just tried calling and got a busy signal. Guess I’ll try later. Meanwhile my success rate at TSA pre-check plummeted to zero on the last two flights (in a row last week). I’ve never experienced that before. Is that a side effect of my Global Entry application?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:06 am

Applied May 30th. Still waiting. This is getting rediculous.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:21 pm

Well, I guess I should have known things were going too smoothly when people have been waiting 130+ days and I was able to do much of mine in less than a week. I applied 9/25/19. Received CA 9/29/19. At first could not find anything locally until 4/21/20 (Long Beach) or Feb at SFO or San Diego. Kept looking and an appointment ended up opening up for the following day in Long Beach 9/30/19. Went in for the interview then, officer indicated that it might take 24-48hrs for approval to show but it has not. In fact, my account still shows that I have my appt scheduled and not that I am awaiting approval. I called the number and left a message as instructed with my PassID on Friday. No changes yet. Hopefully someone listens to that message soon. Going to the office is not a possibility. Despite being about 30ish miles from the office, it took me 1.5hr each way to get there so that means that I will have to take another day off work and all my days off are strategically saved for travels since I don't get many of them.. I wanted to use precheck at the end of the month. I'll wait, I don't mind that. However, if it does not change, any ideas aside from calling/visiting the office?

Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:35 pm

I applied on May 21, 2019. Still waiting for CA, 139 Days. <redacted>.

I understand that TSA does not have this problem. Why ? TSA approval has been outsourced to a private company.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 8, 2019 at 8:11 am Reason: Please save the political commentary for OMNI/PR
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by pinkibone
Well, I guess I should have known things were going too smoothly when people have been waiting 130+ days and I was able to do much of mine in less than a week. I applied 9/25/19. Received CA 9/29/19. At first could not find anything locally until 4/21/20 (Long Beach) or Feb at SFO or San Diego. Kept looking and an appointment ended up opening up for the following day in Long Beach 9/30/19. Went in for the interview then, officer indicated that it might take 24-48hrs for approval to show but it has not. In fact, my account still shows that I have my appt scheduled and not that I am awaiting approval. I called the number and left a message as instructed with my PassID on Friday. No changes yet. Hopefully someone listens to that message soon. Going to the office is not a possibility. Despite being about 30ish miles from the office, it took me 1.5hr each way to get there so that means that I will have to take another day off work and all my days off are strategically saved for travels since I don't get many of them.. I wanted to use precheck at the end of the month. I'll wait, I don't mind that. However, if it does not change, any ideas aside from calling/visiting the office?
Please refer to the following thread:
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Rapid Rewards, Mileage Plus
Ok, I finally just received an update here on day 144!!

Applied: 5/17/19
Received CA: 10/7/19

The next available appointment at my home airport, DFW, is not until Christmas Eve. May just have to fly somewhere to get it done. So anyone who applied after 5/17, hang in there, yours should be approved soon!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:35 pm

Applied May 21. Today is day 140. Wife applied same day and received CA in about ten days. Already finished our international travel that started on day 104 and finished on day 134. No longer need GE this year, so now I don't care how long it takes. Also, when we returned it must have been the only light moment in the history of Dulles Airport. I was second in line and only took about 30 seconds to go through. Almost beat my wife, with her fancy schmancy Global Entry, through to the luggage carousel!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by waitingforapproval
Applied May 21. Today is day 140. Wife applied same day and received CA in about ten days. Already finished our international travel that started on day 104 and finished on day 134. No longer need GE this year, so now I don't care how long it takes. Also, when we returned it must have been the only light moment in the history of Dulles Airport. I was second in line and only took about 30 seconds to go through. Almost beat my wife, with her fancy schmancy Global Entry, through to the luggage carousel!
Welcome to FT. Did you try to use Mobile Passport?

Since you do not need it soon, schedule your interview the day after your birthday to gain extra 364 days of validity.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:26 pm

Applied May 21, 2019 - Today is 140 days - I tried to escalate by calling CBP - Waste of Time - I went through the merry-go-round and placed on hold - after approximately 10 minutes on -hold received a message to the effect that due to heavy call volume please contact the website - Goodbye ! - call terminated. Totally frustrating experience dealing with a federal government agency accountable to no-one.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by KenJ
Applied May 21, 2019 - Today is 140 days - I tried to escalate by calling CBP - Waste of Time - I went through the merry-go-round and placed on hold - after approximately 10 minutes on -hold received a message to the effect that due to heavy call volume please contact the website - Goodbye ! - call terminated. Totally frustrating experience dealing with a federal government agency accountable to no-one.
Take a breath, be patient. Late May applications are still being worked on, per many posts here on FT. Give it another week.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT. Did you try to use Mobile Passport?

Since you do not need it soon, schedule your interview the day after your birthday to gain extra 364 days of validity.
Thanks, that is a great idea.

I have the mobile passport app but did not even have time to take my phone out of my pocket. Weaved through the ropes and just kept walking, handed over my passport, got a stamp and kept on walking.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
Take a breath, be patient. Late May applications are still being worked on, per many posts here on FT. Give it another week.
at this rate people will need to apply one year in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.