Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A First trip in First to the Far East! LHR-SIN-BKK-MXP, SQ and TG (pics)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A First trip in First to the Far East! LHR-SIN-BKK-MXP, SQ and TG (pics)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:35 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
Smile

what a treat

have to try SQ F class out - must be good (as you area sayimng)
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:56 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Not when as an SQ F, *G and Priority Pass Card passenger I have the luxury of no less than six lounges! Namely: Singapore Airlines First Class, Singapore Airlines Silver Kris, Ikea (SAS) London, Air Kuwait Oasis, Servisair, and of course the magical Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse.
Only just getting up to speed with this wonderful Trip Report, but already I regret to report that you have forgotten about the T3 UA lounges, to which you were also entitled access. An understandable moment of amnesia perhaps, but still ....
Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Excellent stuff MCS? - really high quality report. ^
Old Apr 9, 2008, 6:53 pm

Nice report!
I don't know what it is but I just cannot get excited about F on SQ! I've tried it probably a dozen times longhaul - my wife cannot understand all the hype either!
I don't find the food to be anything outstanding, and the service is not really any better than ANA or CX in F.
I actually find the "suite", as they call it, to be a bit narrow for sleeping compared to the others (especially ANA). I've also found the cabin to be a bit, how should I say this - "noisier" than other Asian F cabins - likely as I've noticed more westerners flying with SQ compared to their Asian counterpart airlines.
Even their "snacks" are not as good (SQ usually has wraps, crisps, cookies - but ANA has a huge list with "real" foods for snacking).
We've never really felt "pampered" by them, as with ANA, JAL, CX. Seem a bit robotic, as others have described. The uniforms are nice, though!

Last edited by Flyingfox; Apr 9, 2008 at 6:59 pm
Old Apr 12, 2008, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Super report so far MCS.

Must say those little extra 'touches' by the Cabin Crew do seem to make such a huge difference to the F experience.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Great report! It was useful for me as I'm doing LHR-SIN in F on SQ in 7 days, and then the same again 9 days after that.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 9:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I wonder how many SQ F and J passengers never go to the clubhouse as they are unaware of the privilege? I only knew about it through FT and certainly no SQ member of staff at LHR told me about it. Perhaps that’s for the best?
Yeah not something that is well publicised by the airline. Same with Air New Zealand at Heathrow - they use United lounge which most eligible passengers go to, despite being the worst by far of the 3 available lounges.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
great report, thanks!

when can we expect the rest? really looking forward...

thanks again
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:38 pm

Programs: PC Spire Amb, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, Cathay Gold
great report so far, looking forward to next bit on intercon s'pore. wonder if your staying on the club floor or duplex shophouse?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 10:54 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Same with Air New Zealand at Heathrow - they use United lounge which most eligible passengers go to, despite being the worst by far of the 3 available lounges.
Can Air NZ passenegrs use the clubhouse at T3?

Edit: Doh! You mean the 3 as in UA, SQ and AC lounges
Old May 7, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Where is the rest of the report
Old May 7, 2008, 6:00 pm

I think he was so traumatised by his poor TG experience that maybe he doesn't want to remember any of it?!
Old May 8, 2008, 12:14 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
The OP has been travelling extensively recently and in fact is still away from our friendly shores.
Old May 10, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver
.... thinking how lucky I was to had found FT which had ultimately led me to collecting airmiles and allowing me to go on this trip.
So many of us in this position

Great report, hope you're enjoying the rest of your trip!
Old May 10, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Great report ...makes me one to try F on my next award trip. Thanks for tempting me ... ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.