Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

So I went to Bali and all I got was ... a container full of stuff (pics to come)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So I went to Bali and all I got was ... a container full of stuff (pics to come)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
not drinking the water?

even in big hotels/Ubud etc?

That is a concern for us when we travel so I was wondering i f it's true all over Bali?
Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:43 am

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Originally Posted by PT22064
Also, a durian has a distinct and horrible smell. If you have ever smelled a durian, you would never confuse it with any other fruit. Despite the terrible odor, the durian is quite delicious. I can still remember the wonderful taste (and horrible smell) even though I haven't eaten a durian in over 30 years!
Bumping up this thread as I just found it.

Durians don't have an odour! They smell great and delicious too ^ But not many people dare to try the durian. Like for me, I can't stand stinky tofu, really pungent!

Durians are more spiky, and I believe that the fruit that was seen is the jackfruit, or nangka they call it here.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 5:09 am

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
Originally Posted by kaysquare
Bumping up this thread as I just found it.

Durians don't have an odour! They smell great and delicious too ^ But not many people dare to try the durian. Like for me, I can't stand stinky tofu, really pungent!

Durians are more spiky, and I believe that the fruit that was seen is the jackfruit, or nangka they call it here.
This is Durian calling earth...

EVEN MORE AWARD HERE!
Durian OnLine
(DOL)
Everything you want to know about the King but was afraid to ask!
Howdy stranger, , how's the weather today?

DOL 97: tested primarily on Netscape 3 for Win95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out DOL's newest project:
Durian - Himpunan Lagu2 Melayu (Malay Songs Collection)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a durian?
Well...simply put, Durian is a fruit: a big, green thorny fruit. But wait, it is not just another exotic and expensive fruit from South East Asia. In fact, it is considered "King of the Fruit" throughout the region. Personally, I think that is an understatement of the millenium since we Asian are humble people. In fact, the actual status of Durian is "THE GOD OF ALL FRUIT!". No kidding! Yeah, yeah, I know, some (unadventurous) people would rather die than to smell the STINK of a durian. Heck, a few countries even BAN the presence of durian in selected public spots due to its offensive smell
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I'm so glad to see another Bali post!! I have read so many great things and have been making some preliminary plans to go next year. Recommendations on best time of the year to go? I would like to spend about 2 weeks and spend about 5 days in 3 different places, Bali, Singapore Hong Kong????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.