Flying High, Haggling Low: A BA holiday to Marrakesh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying High, Haggling Low: A BA holiday to Marrakesh

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2024, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
The food spread looks really nice. We had a chance to do balloon rides in the Africa and I passed. Next time I get a chance, I'll make sure we sign up.
JapesUK likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Yet more food photos! The salads, breads, deserts are either unchanged or in a similar vein to previous days but the hot options are completely different again

Old May 13, 2024, 8:37 am

problem with your pictures that they make me hungry!
greetings
JapesUK likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by JapesUK
I’ve never considered All Inclusive before but when you take this into context of purely a tier point run, it’s 480 tier points for 900 pounds and no secondary spend whatsoever.If our company allowed remote working I’d be highly tempted to line a few up.
Oh my, you're turning into an AI convert and by the looks of it you are pulling some other folk down with you

Iberostar is a solid choice usually, although in my family we preffer RIU hotels generally speaking, RIU Palace in particular. Melia also have a decend offering.... all of them Spanish, interestingly. I would put all of them in upper middle class of resorts. If you want a bit more, you can look for resorts operated by estabilished upmarket chain brands too, having spent some time in a Hilton AI resort in the Carribean earlier in the year, the hotel is one of the few things I liked about the holiday.

Re. the baloons, I'm a bit disappointed by the plain design, drab color too... I am used to seeing much more colorful baloons around here.
JapesUK likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
This afternoon has been a repeat of yesterday, a leisurely lunch and then back to the room for a shower and a snooze. It is now approaching 16:45 and way past coffee time!

When I got back to the room there was this

Heaven knows what a cocktail party looks like here

Sartorial rule number one, no socks with sandals

Sartorial rule number two, if you are breaking rule number one, go loud!

Old May 13, 2024, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Oh my, you're turning into an AI convert and by the looks of it you are pulling some other folk down with you

Iberostar is a solid choice usually, although in my family we preffer RIU hotels generally speaking, RIU Palace in particular. Melia also have a decend offering.... all of them Spanish, interestingly. I would put all of them in upper middle class of resorts. If you want a bit more, you can look for resorts operated by estabilished upmarket chain brands too, having spent some time in a Hilton AI resort in the Carribean earlier in the year, the hotel is one of the few things I liked about the holiday.

Re. the baloons, I'm a bit disappointed by the plain design, drab color too... I am used to seeing much more colorful baloons around here.
I admit, I was a little disappointed that the balloons were not more colourful.

I will definitely consider AI in future, this experience has way exceeded expectations. I had a mental picture of groups drinking themselves into oblivion and mediocre repetitive food, and neither of those assumptions has proved true. I will not go looking for it, I prefer the short sharp trips I usually do, but if BA continue the holiday TP bonus then this is hard to refuse
Old May 13, 2024, 10:12 am
Original Poster

A few surprises with Wednesdays Royal Air Maroc flights

Firstly, checkin opens at T-48

Secondly, no mobile or printed boarding passes, you have to go to the checkin desk at the airport

Thirdly, masks?

Transfers now booked to and from the airport. Nothing booked for tomorrow, the excursion desk was empty after the power cut. I had already been put off of the idea of going to the waterfall after chatting to the guys at the balloon flight, apparently it is a two hour plus trip either way.

Maybe a guided tour of the city tomorrow morning, it has been a while. Time for some research.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:46 am
Original Poster

It’s nearly time for the cocktail party and it is well past beer o’clock!

heading back to my room to drop off my iPad I was astonished to find that the laundry I dropped off around noon was back already and excellently done. Two shirts and those filthy trousers came to 80 DHM or a little under seven pounds.

After all my research nothing called out to me so tomorrow will be a slow day in the hotel. There is the archery that I want to try, and dinner in the speciality restaurant but apart from that, food and more food . The snack van has yet to be investigated too.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

A little walk down to the main pool to take a look at the cocktail party. Lots of staff and guests standing around, nobody serving, drinking, or eating. All very odd, no idea what they’re all waiting for but I decided to wander off

offerendum, lamphs, mmcg and 1 others like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

And so to dinner. Just the highlights and changes again. The hot stand that recently did kebab and eggs, to name just a couple, is a cold buffet stand tonight with the same tidbits as at the pool party

Temperature issues tonight, the beef and the pork were tepid unfortunately

Old May 13, 2024, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

With a keyboard and speakers being set up in the bar area I decide to retreat to my balcony and crack open the duty free

It’s time to see the evening to a gentle close and hope for a good nights sleep.
Old May 13, 2024, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
With a keyboard and speakers being set up in the bar area I decide to retreat to my balcony and crack open the duty free

It’s time to see the evening to a gentle close and hope for a good nights sleep.
Nice, enjoy.
JapesUK likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 3:53 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Glazed Turnip? Must have been invented by a Swede
Only just spotted this comment and all I can say is "oh dear"!

Looks like another enjoyable day and a great way to end it. Cheers!
JapesUK likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Good morning from Morocco where it is exactly 8am and I have literally just arisen after ten hours sleep! It is one of those rare days where I’m awake after the breakfast has commenced so the first order of the day is to throw some clothes on and head down to the buffet to inhale a vast quantity of coffee!
Old May 14, 2024, 1:07 am

goodmorning
Tomorrow you fly to casa if possible only cabin lugage .
grretings
JapesUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.