Reload this Page >

36 hours in Dubai via Emirates Incredible New First Class Suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 hours in Dubai via Emirates Incredible New First Class Suites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
SFO777, how many hours were you sober on this trip LOL

Been awhile since I've seen the Concept D seat
Hmm, if DUI Dougie can bring back those AA meals systemwide, eff it, Keep the Oasis

Originally Posted by BobBHX
Well said. I fly about 80 leisure sectors each year. The last time I flew was December 2019 and, despite the withdrawal symptoms, I do not intend flying again until I have been vaccinated.
BobBHX, unfortunately not everyone has that luxury to stay grounded for a year.
Contrary to Greta Thunberg and the like, flying is an essential need

I'm not condoning or flaming SFO777, his health (+Mrs SFO777) rests with him at the end of the day
I do hope he took the necessary precautions pre/during//post trip.

And I'm sure everyone here wishes him to be Safe and Healthy
dragonman likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
That Centurion Lounge steak is very tasty. I had quite a few plates of it last time I was there.

As unfortunate as going from EK F to AA J is, AA is doing so much better than Delta right now. I'm honestly surprised Delta is still running so many services on their ancient coffin-equipped 767-300ERs with no meal or beverage service. Can't imagine that's a big seller. If stuck on the Concept D aircraft, I actually like the rear-facing seats. They're more spacious and private than the forward facing ones and you get a better view out the window too IMO.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I just booked F out of JFK in a few weeks and J on the way back. Thanks for the encouragement. Do you know if EK requires masks in F or J?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by ffman999
I just booked F out of JFK in a few weeks and J on the way back. Thanks for the encouragement. Do you know if EK requires masks in F or J?
Let me make this simple for you. Every single airline on planet Earth, even Air NZ domestic in a country that has no Covid-19, requires masks on board to be worn at all times except actively eating or drinking. Why would having a lie-flat seat make you immune to Corona?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Let me make this simple for you. Every single airline on planet Earth, even Air NZ domestic in a country that has no Covid-19, requires masks on board to be worn at all times except actively eating or drinking. Why would having a lie-flat seat make you immune to Corona?
I could see a case being made for excepting EK's New F product when alone in your suite with the door fully closed, given this is a fully enclosed suite after all. Otherwise, yes, OP should expect to wear a mask at all times.
SFO777 and not2017 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
SFO777, how many hours were you sober on this trip LOL
LOL. Thanks Francis. But hey, we had a good time.
FWIW, I did go dry the last 8 hours of DXB-JFK, at JFK and on AA.

Originally Posted by cmd320
That Centurion Lounge steak is very tasty. I had quite a few plates of it last time I was there. As unfortunate as going from EK F to AA J is, AA is doing so much better than Delta right now. I'm honestly surprised Delta is still running so many services on their ancient coffin-equipped 767-300ERs with no meal or beverage service. Can't imagine that's a big seller. If stuck on the Concept D aircraft, I actually like the rear-facing seats. They're more spacious and private than the forward facing ones and you get a better view out the window too IMO.
Thanks cmd320. Agree with you on those rear facing seats. And yeah, I'm sure glad I wasn't on Delta nOne.

Thank you ffman999. Officially, EK does require masks in all classes except when "eating and drinking". I even heard "and when sleeping" on one of the fights. The reality is that, at least in F in your Suite and especially behind a closed ceiling to floor door, no one is going to know or even much care for that matter. I wore my mask when interacting with cabin crew when they were at my Suite, and when outside the suite. Inside, not so much. Enjoy your EK First flight. You're going to love it, and the JFK Lounge is now open again.

Let me make this even more simple for you. While the official "masks on board" policy is universal, application and interpretation will indeed vary by class of service, cabin, airline and cabin crew. I did not generally wear my mask when my (ceiling to floor) door was closed including when sleeping. Similarly, I did not wear a mask when sleeping in Lufthansa First (nose of 748) and in BA "First" (789 window seat)... and no cabin crew complained.

Last edited by SFO777; Dec 14, 2020 at 9:24 am
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:56 am

Duplicate
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Let me make this even more simple for you. While the official "masks on board" policy is universal, application and interpretation will indeed vary by class of service, cabin, airline and cabin crew. I did not generally wear my mask when my (ceiling to floor) door was closed including when sleeping. Similarly, I did not wear a mask when sleeping in Lufthansa First (nose of 748) and in BA "First" (789 window seat)... and no cabin crew complained.
Sorry for the confusion-I don’t care what you do. The question was what the policy current policy is. The current global policy is to keep your mask on except eating or drinking. Whether you follow that or not, I could not care less, and that is not what he asked. Not sure why you think I care what you do personally? None of my business.

Originally Posted by SFO777
Thank you ffman999. Officially, EK does require masks in all classes except when "eating and drinking". I even heard "and when sleeping" on one of the fights.
Exactly. Nice handle btw ​​​​​​​

Originally Posted by cmd320
. Otherwise, yes, OP should expect to wear a mask at all times.
Bingo 😊. Im not discussing whether with the door closed you choose to take your mask off. He asked the policy.
not2017 likes this.

Last edited by DLATL777; Dec 14, 2020 at 10:27 am
Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
That’s actually not true. QR doesn’t in QSuites, for example.
DLATL777 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:56 pm

In any Business Class cabin actually.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...ard-for-p.html
Old Dec 14, 2020, 2:59 pm

Interesting. Face Shields instead of masks? So with QR can you wear a mask and no faceshield or ONLY a faceshild?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
BobBHX, unfortunately not everyone has that luxury to stay grounded for a year.
Contrary to Greta Thunberg and the like, flying is an essential need
Short hair Francis I feel really sorry for those who have to fly and must go through all the hoops to do so. I was making the point that many frequent leisure flyers, like myself, won’t endure the hassle and, despite the desire to travel, will wait until life is back to a more normal state of affairs.

I was really keen on taking advantage of the VS £999 fare to CPT for New Year but, given closures for Christmas, couldn’t risk being able to get test results within 24 hours of flying.
not2017 and iluvdoco like this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ft101
In any Business Class cabin actually.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...ard-for-p.html
Interesting. Face Shields instead of masks? So with QR can you wear a mask and no faceshield or ONLY a faceshild?
Pretty sure I was asked to wear a mask in a Non-QSuite QR 359 last month
Oddly enough we were REALLY social distanced on that flight with lack of passengers.

Faceshield + Mask at Gate and while Boarding.
Mask during the flight.

No Mask in QSuite while within the Suite, if you wanted to.

Originally Posted by BobBHX
Short hair Francis I feel really sorry for those who have to fly and must go through all the hoops to do so. I was making the point that many frequent leisure flyers, like myself, won’t endure the hassle and, despite the desire to travel, will wait until life is back to a more normal state of affairs.
Just wanted to bring out for every SFO777 out there, there's easily 95 not flying and 4 that HAVE TO Fly.

The Virus itself is a Prime Example "Tragedy of the Commons", how we balance Self-Interest vs. Common Good of All Users

SFO777 didn't have as many hoops to cross for UAE and Croatia, but that's not the case out in the Far East.

This is the hoop list for HK back in August, and its gotten even stricter since then.

1. Completed Health declaration Entry form (QR code or Paper)
2. Make sure have the Quarantine App downloaded or loaner phone
3. Pick up Quarantine and Testing Paper from Health Officer
4. Immigration (like usual)
5. Pick up Checked bags (like usual)
6. Customs (like usual)
7. Go on testing bus at arrival level
8. Get to Expo testing site and drop off your bags
9. Get back on the bus and swing to the testing side
10. Get off the bus and pick up testing kits
11. Go to the Privacy booth and do your thing
12. Drop off your samples and walk across the expo to pick up overnight papers + water + sandwiches
13. Wait for prelim clearance for hotel papers (this took the longest)
14. Pick up hotel papers/room assignment, get your bags back and go on the hotel bus.
15. Ride the hotel bus/45 min into the city
16. Get to hotel, carry your bags, receive keycard, dinner box and go up to room. (Keycard can only be use once and there will be guards in the hallway overnight)
17. Breakfast hanged at your door handle at 8am-9am
18. Wait for Clearance phone call in room between 10am-2pm
19. Go back to lobby with your items, health official will double confirmed your quarantine papers and your test were negative.
20. Return keycard and walk out the hotel door, you now must get home in 2 hrs
21. Get home and activate the home quarantine app
22. Return samples via family/friends/carrier by Day 11

Violators are subject to 25000 HKD penalty and 6 Month Jail, and yes, they have sent people to Jail.
not2017 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:26 am

You can wear no face coverings at all. I think that's why the point was being made that your statement:

"Every single airline on planet Earth, even Air NZ domestic in a country that has no Covid-19, requires masks on board to be worn at all times except actively eating or drinking."

was nonsense.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:29 am

Pretty sure I was asked to wear a mask in a Non-QSuite QR 359 last month
Oddly enough we were REALLY social distanced on that flight with lack of passengers.

Faceshield + Mask at Gate and while Boarding.
Mask during the flight.

No Mask in QSuite while within the Suite, if you wanted to.
Interesting.

Last edited by DLATL777; Dec 16, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.