The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - our 17 hour day with BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - our 17 hour day with BA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: BA EC
Maybe when JetBlue starts the pond jump flights tickets will get cheaper. The new single aisle 320s / 321s will change the game.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Executive Club, Lifemiles
Thumbs up 17 hours with BA

Easily one of the best and funniest reviews I have ever read.

Thank you for making my day!

Steve
lhrpete, NoY, SFO777 and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by 737Av8tor
I found AA F absolutely fantastic, fabulous food and astonishing service ( 777 from MIA - LHR )...
Being LAS-based, I typically opt for AA F via LAX on the outbound and BA F nonstop on the way back (although noting I haven't flown AA F since 2017ish as I've been burning my Avios since then). While I had some great crews on AA F and never had truly bad crews, it was at least as hit or miss as my BA F crews. The real win for AA F is the hard product. Food was honestly a wash IMO, with the alcohol being far worse on AA. I'll really miss flying the 747 though.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Thank you very much SFO777 for the review. May i say you got quite lucky to fly Ex LHR as the catering is Do&Co. The reports we have seen where Do&Co is not available are atrocious. Still wonder what's the budget BA allocates for F class catering. Probably less than £5 per passenger.

Also very good to see some objective and realistic comments in this sub forum. Unfortunately, in BA one, the usual sources trying to convince that people want to go from A to B, the current catering is due to the goverment guidance/local restrictions or even that LH has taken X amount of money that's why they can afford to spend more money in catering... Wonder what was the excuse pre Covid when the BA catering was subpar compare to LH group in premium cabins anyway...

No wonder the cabin crew went around to look for more nuts. They probably upload 1 per F class passenger!
lhrpete, hugolover and Silver Fox like this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by ermis177
Also very good to see some objective and realistic comments in this sub forum. Unfortunately, in BA one, the usual sources trying to convince that people want to go from A to B, the current catering is due to the goverment guidance/local restrictions or even that LH has taken X amount of money that's why they can afford to spend more money in catering... Wonder what was the excuse pre Covid when the BA catering was subpar compare to LH group in premium cabins anyway...

No wonder the cabin crew went around to look for more nuts. They probably upload 1 per F class passenger!
Agreed, and it's why I've come to avoid interacting on the BA forum as much as possible. It's a real shame to get attacked just for posting reports and/or opinions that would at worst be considered innocuous - and frankly, more likely considered constructive/helpful - on any other FT forum.
lhrpete, NoY, hugolover and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stephen Morrissey
Easily one of the best and funniest reviews I have ever read. Thank you for making my day! Steve
Thanks so much Steve. I appreciate it. And welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by ermis177
Thank you very much SFO777 for the review. May i say you got quite lucky to fly Ex LHR as the catering is Do&Co. The reports we have seen where Do&Co is not available are atrocious. Still wonder what's the budget BA allocates for F class catering. Probably less than £5 per passenger.
Thank you ermis177. I can't imagine what non-Do&Co catering could be like.
hugolover and ermis177 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the report. I had no idea one had to bring one's own crockery, cutlery and glassware when travelling with BA.
lhrpete, NoY, hugolover and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ballogie
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the report. I had no idea one had to bring one's own crockery, cutlery and glassware when travelling with BA.
LOL. Thank you ballogie.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
SFO777 seems you’ve made the Mail in the UK!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...andwiches.html
Glensea, NoY, Genius1 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
LOL. Although I have no idea how 104,000 Avios morphed into £11,000. Where has journalism gone?
NoY, sl00001, krazykanuck and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
LOL. Although I have no idea how 104,000 Avios morphed into £11,000. Where has journalism gone?
Somebody is listening to The Points Guy too much
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeyfly

SFO777 this is classic
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Loved your trip report, i do hope it gets better next year. Will you respond to these comments?

Originally Posted by Yreal
The entitlement is strong here. Bring your own plate? For real?
Originally Posted by Deckter
Did you really take disposable plates and cutlery on a plane, to replate a crappy sandwich? DYKWIA, I don't eat like plebs.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Loved your trip report, i do hope it gets better next year. Will you respond to these comments?
Thanks very much GodAtum. Don't really care what those folks think. But since you asked, I did it for a number of reasons. Partly theatrics, partly to shame BA. But in reality, drinks taste better in real tumblers which are bigger and hold more ice. As for food, plating a sandwich on the short-haul was mostly theatrics. But on the long haul, not only does food look better, it is more accessible when plated instead of being crammed in a tiny box.
Silver Fox and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:07 am

Talking

Originally Posted by SFO777
Haha, so BA valued the difference between what we saw as LH J class food and their carton box as 10,000 Avios aka 10%.
I wonder if they would have parted with £ 1,100 had you really paid £11,000... (as probable as your next trip report from Mars, haha)

Last edited by abeyro; Oct 5, 2020 at 4:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.