Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mint vs. Delta One, and the winner is...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint vs. Delta One, and the winner is...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Thanks for the report. Jet Blue food looked great. Are you able to pre-order ala AA?

That Delta dinosaur hard product looked awful! That IFE screen looks like it was pulled right off a circa 1998 VS 343 The seats look awful too. I know your not an AA fan but AA's lie flat product is light years ahead of Delta's.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
IME, B6 is great until there are IRROPs—and then it's like amateur hour. Then again, DL hasn't had the best track record this past year either.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
Will have to try out JetBlue Mint when I get the chance. Really like the picture of JFK.
Thank you BlackSkyuk.

Originally Posted by offerendum
Link should be this picture.....
LOL. Now I understand.

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
I wish I could
Did you locate the other LY bird in your TR?
I thought it was at JFK but now I can't find the pic.

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Great TR, not least because in a few weeks I’m flying D1 BOS>SFO then Mint SFO>BOS on the way home.
One quick typo: you say “2017” in the very first post, but based on the rest of the dates I’m sure you meant 2018

Thanks RandomBaritone and for noticing the wrong date. LOL, it always takes me a few weeks to make the year change stick in my mind.

Originally Posted by Madone59
As always, thanks for sharing SFO777!
Question: What is it going to take for you to slip in a "where's waldo" cameo of those gloves in every single 2018 trip report you write?? I am already laughing thinking of some future European trip report where a gloved hand makes an appearance at a michelin restaurant
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
OK now I really hope he kept the gloves because that would be amazing!
Thanks very much Madone59 and krazykanuck. What a great idea on the glove cameo but darn it, I threw it away when I got home.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Delta looked better then I would have thought but yeah - Jet Blue looks like a real winner. Thanks for a totally First Class comparison of these two carriers. ^
Thank you Seat 2A. You'll have to give B6 a try in between trains on your next trip to the lower 48.

Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks for the report. Jet Blue food looked great. Are you able to pre-order ala AA?
That Delta dinosaur hard product looked awful! That IFE screen looks like it was pulled right off a circa 1998 VS 343 The seats look awful too. I know your not an AA fan but AA's lie flat product is light years ahead of Delta's.
Thanks very much enviroian. You can't pre-order but I wouldn't be surprised if they cater 16 of everything so no one misses out. Might have been pure luck, but Mrs. SFO777 and I were in row 5 last year and last to order and the FA said "don't worry, we have everything available.

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
IME, B6 is great until there are IRROPs—and then it's like amateur hour. Then again, DL hasn't had the best track record this past year either.
Fortunately, I've never had an IRROPS problem with B6. Then again, they fly newer planes vs. DL's old relics.

Last edited by SFO777; Jan 31, 2018 at 8:05 pm
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
I thought it was at JFK but now I can't find the pic.
This one:

On the left hand side
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Thanks very much Madone59 and krazykanuck. What a great idea on the glove cameo but darn it, I threw it away when I got home.
<Currently surfing ebay looking for another pair>
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
haven't flown Delta transcon, but I was not impressed at all with B6 M1nt when I flew it SFO-JFK. I found the seat to be very uncomfortable in bed mode.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Great TR and glad to know B6 was great. I'll probably do B6 for future SFO/BOS route.

Amateur Qs about airport hotels...
Bos Hilton - I sense it's at the airport despite long walk. Do you still have to go through TSA when you check out of hotel and head to your flight?
YUL Marriot - you mentioned that it's an in-terminal hotel but you also mentioned security and CBP; so I assume you still have security after checking out of the hotel?

ive never stayed at an actual hotel that's tied to an airport so I'm just curious how it works. Since I rarely fly, we tend to stay 30 minutes from airports.

Cookie - the DL lukewarm cookie didn't look like a chocolate chip cookie - but it's warm. Sort of warm. How did it compare with the "store-bought" bigger cookie on B6, which I assume is room temperature. Did you eat all of the B6 cookie or did you take some to your hotel?

The Tumi looked very nice! Is it metal material?
aquamarinesteph likes this.

Last edited by gaobest; Feb 1, 2018 at 1:47 am Reason: Cookies!!
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:24 am

Have been reading and enjoying some of the older blog posts.
May I ask have you been to Scotland?
I would love to see your comments if you could fit us in on one of your trips.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
This one:

On the left hand side
Wow. You have great eyes and also way too much time to kill.

Originally Posted by Madone59
<Currently surfing ebay looking for another pair>
LOL. Good one! Thanks Madone59,

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
haven't flown Delta transcon, but I was not impressed at all with B6 M1nt when I flew it SFO-JFK. I found the seat to be very uncomfortable in bed mode.
I guess you can't please everyone.

Originally Posted by gaobest
Great TR and glad to know B6 was great. I'll probably do B6 for future SFO/BOS route.
Amateur Qs about airport hotels...
Bos Hilton - I sense it's at the airport despite long walk. Do you still have to go through TSA when you check out of hotel and head to your flight?
YUL Marriott - you mentioned that it's an in-terminal hotel but you also mentioned security and CBP; so I assume you still have security after checking out of the hotel?
I've never stayed at an actual hotel that's tied to an airport so I'm just curious how it works. Since I rarely fly, we tend to stay 30 minutes from airports.
Cookie - the DL lukewarm cookie didn't look like a chocolate chip cookie - but it's warm. Sort of warm. How did it compare with the "store-bought" bigger cookie on B6, which I assume is room temperature. Did you eat all of the B6 cookie or did you take some to your hotel?
The Tumi looked very nice! Is it metal material?
Thank you gaobest. Both BOS and YUL are outside security. In the case of BOS, waaaaayyyy outside.
As for cookies, the DL cookie was warm at one time but had cooled down since the FAs were too busy chatting. Of course, I ate the entire B6 cookie.
As I recall, the Tumi was metal or metal-like. I'd guess aluminum but I really wasn't paying much attention.

Originally Posted by kenko92
Have been reading and enjoying some of the older blog posts.
May I ask have you been to Scotland?
I would love to see your comments if you could fit us in on one of your trips.
Thanks so much kenko92. Not yet Scotland. I'd love to go but any time I suggest it, there wasn't much enthusiasm from the boss.
I'll keep working on her.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
I have had good and bad flights on both b6 and dl along with dated aircraft. I usually enjoy your reports but lately i find your trip reports to have become more and more pretentious snobbery. Maybe i am not getting the humour or am reading them wrong but i usually enjoy your reports.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I don't have much issue with the bed mode. My issue is that you can't raise the leg rest without lowering the seat (i.e., putting it toward bed mode). Otherwise, I liked the product a lot. But I mostly like the DL product, too.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by enviroian

That really depends on the DL plane. The IFE screen is far better than 1998 (most of them were either repeating video nothing on demand, or video tapes passed out). The seats aren't bad. They are a bit claustrophobic but pretty private. Wine selection is superior.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for the report SFO777. Comments as usual:

The seats that jetBlue use on their A321s are the Thompson Vantage product; the same as those that BA have on their small midhaul fleet of four A321 aircraft. Obviously BA (or bmi as it then was) didn’t choose the door option! It’s the same product on DL too. I think both the jetBlue and DL products haven’t made the best use of available trims and finishes, as both cabins seem a little cheap.

Although DL’s 764s date from the early 2000s, the product inside is a lot newer, not that you’d know from the condition of the cabin. The DL CR9 looks pretty swish inside.

The jetBlue amenity kit looks cheap, and why on earth do they include gloves?! DL’s Tumi offering is much more upmarket, despite the copious amount of plastic inside.

I’d really like to see North American carriers abandon plastic ‘glasses’ for PDBs. Aside from the non-premium feeling, single use disposables are not kind to the environment. It seems DL manage it at least in Delta One.

Both menus looks good, although jetBlue’s concept of choosing 3 out of 5 small plates is neat. The presentation looks equally cool. DL’s catering on the other hand looks pretty standard.

The outdoor terrace at the DL JFK Sky Club looks a little windswept; the rest of the lounge fairly basic and corporate. I’d say AA’s new Admirals Club concept is a smidgen ahead.

On an unrelated note to this particular report, are you going to publish the last few sections for your BA Gold qualifying report?

Last edited by Genius1; Jun 23, 2018 at 10:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.