Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mint vs. Delta One, and the winner is...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint vs. Delta One, and the winner is...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
jetBlue Mint vs. Delta One: The Verdict

jetBlue by a mile. Delta wins on lounges... since jetBlue doesn't have any. But after that, jetBlue wins every category, from new and clean planes, to cabin layout, seats, seat comfort, space, IFE, food, drink and above all service. Certainly the Delta experience will vary based on the type of plane. The 763/763s are pure garbage while the A330 would be better as would the 757 if you are travelling with a companion. But I pick jetBlue over Delta in a heartbeat.

IMHO B6 is great yet I prefer the DeltaOne J seat on the 757 which is either similar or same as AA J Transcon. Having done all three B6 - Delta then AA! Dare I try UAL on a 757 lie flat? Hmmmmm anxious for B6 Mint out of SEA to begin.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Well, I am now sufficiently impressed with the JetBlue Mint to give it a go on a future flight.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
I did see that. I enjoyed my LY experience on our short TLV-ATH flight but not so keen on 14 hours in a very dated hard product.
And I can't blame you for that; I only board LY at gunpoint That said, did you notice you captured another LY aircraft on the inbound?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I remember my first walk to that Boston airport Hilton. “It must be round this corner... Nope... This one then.... Nope”

Repeat until on the verge of exhaustion, having got lost in the nonsensical lifts, and then finally hit the covered entrance that is still 1km away from check-in
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I see, you still find the most classy moments! How did you took the picture of me?
[img]webkit-fake-url://a5a385a1-fe48-485f-97a3-bdb133098563/imagejpeg[/img]
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thanks for this report, SFO777. Looks like Mint is a really solid product, clearly far superior to what LAX-YUL on AC would have been. Shame B6 doesn't come to Canada! Then again, those gloves clearly weren't made for our winters...

FWIW, the YUL-BOS trips used to run $500+ when AC had a monopoly on them. Enter WS Encore, and tataa, airoli went to see friends in BOS on AC for $160.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
My bad on the typo. SFO-LAS (and SFO-LAX) would have been Virgin America.
Until the end of October in 2017, B6 did fly SFO-LAS so entirely possible he flew B6 on a New Years trip a few years ago.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by apodo77
Guess you didn't get the memo that Delta D1 and first class is "some of the best real estate on the planet" per their CEO.
Thanks for sharing as always.
Indeed, I missed that memo. What a joke that race-baiting CEO is, blaming all his problems on the ME3 when his airline receives more subsidies that all of them.
Sorry Ed, but all you do is make me want to spend more money with EK, QR and EY.

Originally Posted by JHIN
jetBlue Mint vs. Delta One: The Verdict
jetBlue by a mile. Delta wins on lounges... since jetBlue doesn't have any. But after that, jetBlue wins every category, from new and clean planes, to cabin layout, seats, seat comfort, space, IFE, food, drink and above all service. Certainly the Delta experience will vary based on the type of plane. The 763/763s are pure garbage while the A330 would be better as would the 757 if you are travelling with a companion. But I pick jetBlue over Delta in a heartbeat.
IMHO B6 is great yet I prefer the DeltaOne J seat on the 757 which is either similar or same as AA J Transcon. Having done all three B6 - Delta then AA! Dare I try UAL on a 757 lie flat? Hmmmmm anxious for B6 Mint out of SEA to begin.
Thanks JHIN. If was traveling with someone, I think the 757 would be good. Then again, it's still Delta and only price got me this trip.

Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Well, I am now sufficiently impressed with the JetBlue Mint to give it a go on a future flight.
Got for it. Thank you aquamarinesteph.

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
And I can't blame you for that; I only board LY at gunpoint That said, did you notice you captured another LY aircraft on the inbound?
Tell us how you really feel.

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
I remember my first walk to that Boston airport Hilton. “It must be round this corner... Nope... This one then.... Nope”
Repeat until on the verge of exhaustion, having got lost in the nonsensical lifts, and then finally hit the covered entrance that is still 1km away from check-in
Thanks darthlemsip. LOL. I think it may be faster to book an off airport hotel and take a hotel shuttle.

Originally Posted by offerendum
I see, you still find the most classy moments! How did you took the picture of me?
The link didn't work for me.

Originally Posted by airoli
Thanks for this report, SFO777. Looks like Mint is a really solid product, clearly far superior to what LAX-YUL on AC would have been. Shame B6 doesn't come to Canada! Then again, those gloves clearly weren't made for our winters...
FWIW, the YUL-BOS trips used to run $500+ when AC had a monopoly on them. Enter WS Encore, and tataa, airoli went to see friends in BOS on AC for $160.
Merci airoli. It's amazing what a little competition will do.
I actually wanted to try WS but timing just didn't work this time.

Originally Posted by croberts134
Until the end of October in 2017, B6 did fly SFO-LAS so entirely possible he flew B6 on a New Years trip a few years ago.
That I did not know. Thanks croberts134 for the info and my apologies to mike&co.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
Will have to try out JetBlue Mint when I get the chance. Really like the picture of JFK.

Last edited by BlackSkyuk; Jan 29, 2018 at 3:28 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Link should be this picture.....
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Tell us how you really feel.
I wish I could

Did you locate the other LY bird in your TR?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Great TR, not least because in a few weeks I’m flying D1 BOS>SFO then Mint SFO>BOS on the way home.

One quick typo: you say “2017” in the very first post, but based on the rest of the dates I’m sure you meant 2018.

Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
As always, thanks for sharing SFO777!

Question: What is it going to take for you to slip in a "where's waldo" cameo of those gloves in every single 2018 trip report you write?? I am already laughing thinking of some future European trip report where a gloved hand makes an appearance at a michelin restaurant
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Madone59
Question: What is it going to take for you to slip in a "where's waldo" cameo of those gloves in every single 2018 trip report you write?? I am already laughing thinking of some future European trip report where a gloved hand makes an appearance at a michelin restaurant
OK now I really hope he kept the gloves because that would be amazing!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Delta looked better then I would have thought but yeah - Jet Blue looks like a real winner. Thanks for a totally First Class comparison of these two carriers. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.