Search

New Years in Rome and Malta via Lufthansa and BA First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by SFO777
Thanks offerendum. Don't know if it's just a string of bad luck or if this is the new LH. Granted, inflight catering has never been an LH strong suit, but at least service was usually good enough to compensate.
In German many peoply classify LH-service as follows: Kurz davor, dass man sich beschweren möchte (Almost at the point where you want to complain). So I´m not really surprised
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:51 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Bad luck on the rotten flight, SFO777. And that wine list generally looks pretty substandard for 1st Class.

I'm flying LH paid biz from MUC to ORD later this month and will see how that goes. (It's so much cheaper going that way from LHR than direct on UA...— it's on a UA ticket)
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Another great TR SFO777 thank you!

I am glad I decided not to collect M&M or get a Lufty Credit Card off the back of that review
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by our_kid
Another great TR SFO777 thank you!

I am glad I decided not to collect M&M or get a Lufty Credit Card off the back of that review

My exact feeling. And yes, thank you SFO77 for another great TR. Happy 2017 to you all!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Another great report so far, SFO777. I'm looking forward to seeing photos from the rest of your trip.

Sorry to hear about your flight with LH F being not as good as before. Those lights from the galley do look really bright from your photos!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Mrs. SFO777 accepted the starter trio and the salad, despite my warning.
I can not believe they have the same starters two years later!! I was reading your TR like "Wait a second....why do I recognize that food?!" They were serving the exact same things two years ago on my SEA-FRA flight.

Judging by your thoughts and what I wrote at the time I think LH is at the bottom off the 'hill'. My remarks were: A trio of appetizers, all of which were great. Salmon tartar was brilliant. ..............but that could have been the Blue Label typing .

As always, thanks for the Trip Report!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: QF WP LTG
As always a great read SFO777, looking forward to the rest.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just flew back from LHR - ORD on BA (F). SFO777 based on your LH comments, I really hope you find an alternative to BA if your experience will be anything like what I experienced.

High(low)lights:
- CCR as detailed in many posts (power points, furniture, catering, service, spa services, toilets etc) The Samsung people walked up and gave me a nice multi adaptor - which I actually needed - so that was good.
- Catering on board
- Dine on Demand that is not (I wanted a scone - No! We serve that 1 hour prior to landing!)
- Slippers are only for night flights
- they did keep the galley curtain closed - easier to ignore everyone in the cabin that way.
etc.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by MikeFly
I just flew back from LHR - ORD on BA (F).

- they did keep the galley curtain closed - easier to ignore everyone in the cabin that way.
etc.
Small victories. Count your blessings good sir.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
That black Rimowa looks beautiful! Not quite a fan of my green one...wanna trade?

Fantastic report as always
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
yikes that beef looks scary. i dont suppose it would help to write to LH?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Nice report and I am glad you "reprimanded' the attendant, some just think they can get away with poor service.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:30 am

Thanks very much glasman19. The holiday crowds here are insane. Our guide said that if you come between mid-January and the end of February, all the touristy sites will be empty.
And that's why I always go in Jan/Feb Drop me a PM next time you head to Italy, would have been happy to help you out this time around.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: IHG Priority Club,Fairmont presidents club,Marriot rewards,SPG,Delta Privalige
Originally Posted by MikeFly
etc.
Sounds like the the BA economy service standard is moving towards the front
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
You make me so reticent to book LH F!

Hopefully OS C will be good ex-LAX despite the poor business class seats. Hopefully the food/service will be better...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.