Reload this Page >

Our week in Ireland via Air France La Première

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our week in Ireland via Air France La Première

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:51 am

Thanks again for a great start to a TR. All you whiners and gripers about PC, etc. STOP READING! Go somewhere else! Geez!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
Originally Posted by Linda VH
Thanks again for a great start to a TR. All you whiners and gripers about PC, etc. STOP READING! Go somewhere else! Geez!
And when does the PC line cross from being "funny" to you, to being harmful to those targeted? When the comments go to race? Religion? Sexual orientation?

Putting down others, to make yourself feel important, is never right.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Loved Mrs. SFO777s UA Express Comments! LOL!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
A pretty basic and crappy lounge with a reasonable attempt to segregate La Première passengers for the hoi polloi in Business Class.
Is it really necessary to refer to Business Class passengers as hoi polloi?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by SFO777
Come on now stu1985, where's your fashion eye. That "raincoat" was a Loro Piana jacket and the "trainers" were slim fit white AG Jeans.
I thought the "trainers" were the sneakers on her feet? I think she's fearless for wearing light colors on an airplane! I guess you never spill red wine on her as people have done to me (more than once). Of course, that was in coach, not Premiere, so....
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Linda VH
You could similarly stop reading the (many) comments pointing out that the original pictures/commentary were needlessly rude and graceless, and you can also go somewhere else. I'd rather say something if I see something wrong, rather than slink away silently -- unfortunate for you that you have a hard time understanding that!

SFO777 is entitled to behave in whatever lawful, forum-approved manner he wants, and to not give a damn who thinks he's acting like boorish bully. Those of us who disagree with him are also entitled to say he's acting like one.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
Sadly I feel this TR crossed a line.

It should be possible to write an informative and amusing TR without belittling (and potentially humiliating) complete strangers who have done nothing to the OP except share a physical space at an airport. Treat others as you would have others treat you.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Fly Baby
Sadly I feel this TR crossed a line.

It should be possible to write an informative and amusing TR without belittling (and potentially humiliating) complete strangers who have done nothing to the OP except share a physical space at an airport. Treat others as you would have others treat you.
I have to agree. I have enjoyed the OP's reports over time but this one (and somewhat several prior ones) reeked of pretentiousness and being very pompous. We get it, the OP has money, that's cool. No need to belittle others on your wealthy behalf.

Major
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
I have to agree. I have enjoyed the OP's reports over time but this one (and somewhat several prior ones) reeked of pretentiousness and being very pompous. We get it, the OP has money, that's cool. No need to belittle others on your wealthy behalf.

Major
The Op has money?
How has money got anything to do with this report? The report is on the experience.

You are attempting to make this about "money", and you're wrong.

SFO777, I think it's a great report. And the sarcasm is as good as ever. Some of these "responders" do not get your style, and are jumping to conclusions with their personal comments about you (which may I add are extremely judgmental) - seriously? Do any of these people know you personally? I guess they have no sense of humour.

Keep it up, most of us love the narration and pics.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Is it really necessary to refer to Business Class passengers as hoi polloi?
The clue phone is ringing but you're not picking up.

It's called sarcasm.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Sky Miles
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
The clue phone is ringing but you're not picking up.

It's called sarcasm.
A little like Donald Trump sarcasm?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
The Op has money?
How has money got anything to do with this report? The report is on the experience.

You are attempting to make this about "money", and you're wrong.

SFO777, I think it's a great report. And the sarcasm is as good as ever. Some of these "responders" do not get your style, and are jumping to conclusions with their personal comments about you (which may I add are extremely judgmental) - seriously? Do any of these people know you personally? I guess they have no sense of humour.

Keep it up, most of us love the narration and pics.
^ love your style SFO777. Always enjoy your TR's
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:05 pm

I had a good laugh reading this so far.

Between the young lady at John Wayne and the F lounge at SFO. The C section looks like the New York subway. I think I would prefer to wait at Starbucks.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian

Major
+1 This is the new SFO777 if you cannot fly First Class or Charter don't get in my way...I have money
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I saw an SFO777 trip report with 3 pages written, I didn't expect 2 posts and a whole lot of complaining. Anyway SFO777, I thought of one of your recent posts with a picture of a full size dog hugging its owner on an AA flight when I was at LGA on Monday night and I saw a huge goldendoodle getting off a UA flight. Cute dog.

When I saw this quote I thought, you've created a private travel monster

And my favorite of the morning..."… Why don't we charter next time? How much would that cost?..."

Last edited by krazykanuck; Aug 24, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.