OK, I'm now officially spoiled... New York to LA on a Gulfstream-IV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, I'm now officially spoiled... New York to LA on a Gulfstream-IV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, CSP. FAA Rotorcraft PPL
Maybe one day we'll get our own JetSmarter part of the forum!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
An intersting report SFO777, thanks. I have to agree with others that this doesn't look private at all, and indeed somewhat less spacious than F/J on a transcontinental flight. That, coupled with the lower quality of food and beverages, doesn't impress me much.

JetSmarter seems good for truly empty empty legs, but not so much when you have to share.

Personally I'm happy flying in F/J on a commercial airline. Many airports offer a VIP ground product (including chauffeur to aircraft and private security/lounges etc.) - certainly in Europe, but not sure about in the US.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:08 pm

I have to say transcontinental F looks more appealing than this particular flight. Usually having the aircraft to yourself makes up for the cramped aircraft and basic seats, but when you have a full cabin I cant see too many positives left. Nice report though ^
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
SFO777, great trip report.

I don't check out FT trip reports very often, but I'm a fan of your reports here and want to check out more of them. Thanks for doing this.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
brg

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Wow! What a great report. I may never be able to do this but your detailed reports always make me feel as if I were there. Thank You!
I feel the same when looking at these private jet flights
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
interesting report. echoing many of the sentiments posted here, i don't think this would be for me. it looks crowded and noisy, but i am sure that if you went into it with a great attitude and had fun, outgoing fellow passengers it would make the 5-6 hours fly right by.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Looks like 5.5 hours on an ERJ, give me a lay flat bed on a commercial flight any day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.