Community
Wiki Posts
Search

48 hours in NY: Diamond Shopping and lots of drinking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
This has been a very enjoyable TR to read - has OP done more annual travel with the same traveling companion? Nice to have the development of the friendship.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, UC, Lifetime HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
I was reading it thinking how did I miss this, then I saw I committed - but didn't remember the conclusion. Now I know why. Great read, again.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:11 am
Original Poster

A not so minor update on this Trip Report;
They have divorced each other since last year. It was for the better as while it takes to two to tango, she was a right ..... (that's not a swear word?) and nasty to our friend. She cheated on him for a while, which my wife called her out for, saying she has to tell him the truth and leave him, or eventually she'll (my wife...) will tell him herself. It's complicated as "he" is a friend and involved in mutual business enterprises.

The good news is that he picked himself up and realised life is much better without her, and is now dating another mutual friend of ours and they are in a mad yet grown up crush which is amazing as they both are nice people. From a purely selfish perspective... wait for it... I think you know where this is going... he'll pop the question eventually and we can repeat the Trip and congratulate ourselves again on our continued success (read the report and you'll get the reference).

**hick**

Cheers!
SKT-DK, SFO777, benjahman and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: ShebaMiles
Talk about a twist ending! Nevertheless the promise of more successes in your travels is quite alluring. As a New Yorker I look forward to seeing you two on our shores soon enough!
Petrus likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Thank you for your update! There’s already much to celebrate and congratulate each other on your continued success!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.