Reload this Page >

48 hours in NY: Diamond Shopping and lots of drinking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

48 hours in NY: Diamond Shopping and lots of drinking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by farbster
I don't really follow hockey, but I suspect Cindy is a purposeful slight.
Cindy Crybaby whaaaaat?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by Petrus
service was absolutely atrocious. I mean we had the rudest dude ever. He appeared to hate his job and customers with a passion.
This is pretty much standard service in AA Y in my experience, generally the cabin crew seem to resent having to serve the great unwashed down the back, probably 90% of the crew I have experienced on AA long haul have been terrible.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Damn...I need to get OWE status, and hangout with you, Petrus! Fantastic TR, and wish that happened with me sometime! Haha...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Just found this TR, brilliant writing OP
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Apologies for the delay in updates. Vacation started Saturday with a 400 mile drive south to the sandy beaches of Falsterbo. Don't want to rush posts as quality then would get really poor. Very soon though!

And sincere thanks for all the compliments.
Bump? Please. We're dying here.

Actually the real reason I went to this thread was for names of restaurants for when I'm in NYC.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
a significant contrast to typical F/J longhaul TRs. quite entertaining. refreshing to see that not everything is about the fizz and the luxury experience (AA MCE ), but also about bro'in out and havin a time!

hoping that you get to end this trip with an op-up
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Nice report.

As a true connoisseur of trans-Atlantic American service in coach, I could've named the airline even faster than SF0777.

I love a great airline club view, and so I'm glad you're a fellow appreciator.

Gotta admit, though, that I've never really connected with a front desk vixen. My loss, I'm sure.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
Awesome report.
And it's Sydney Crosby, not Cindy. lol

Looking forward to the rest of your report.

PS- you're actually making me WANT to go to NYC again!

As an aside, I've never understood how people confuse Sweden and Switzerland in English (Swaziland and Switzerland perhaps...), but in Spanish I confuse the 2 ALL the time! My parents always find it funny when I talk about Zurich "Sweden" but they sound so damn close...

Anyways... awaiting the rest.
Not only Spanish, Portuguese too (Suecia/Suica)
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Hi there...

I owe an apology of epic proportions for not finishing this report as per normal standards. Things have been bizarre for a while. The plan was to finish this report before mid July when we headed south towards France via Germany and Italy on holiday. I didn't make this target. Then it was holiday with the family so no real time for FT as there were more interesting things to do around Cote d'azur and Burgundy.

Further, during the holiday I ended up accepting a new job and quitting my current one (still employed but on gardening leave since a month or so).
As I changed to a competitor, all sorts of legal stuff had to be considered and of course negotiating a new contract. My current employer tried to screw me (it was a laughable feeble attempt, against labor law actually, so I basically told them "really, are you stooping that low and wish to play tough?") but in the end they realised they had no hand to play and I was let go without quarantine.

Also, we ended up selling our house last week. I busted around the house for weeks to get in top condition (it paid off, handsomely!)... riding high on the property ladder GONNA MAKE IT RAIN in Tampa next month

New job starts next week... I will be in a hotel, with some spare time as no kids or wife around me. I should be able to finish this TR then.

Stay tuned.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the update, and good luck with the new job.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
Thanks for the update, and good luck with the new job.
Thanks! ^
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Hi there...

I owe an apology of epic proportions for not finishing this report as per normal standards. Things have been bizarre for a while. The plan was to finish this report before mid July when we headed south towards France via Germany and Italy on holiday. I didn't make this target. Then it was holiday with the family so no real time for FT as there were more interesting things to do around Cote d'azur and Burgundy.

Further, during the holiday I ended up accepting a new job and quitting my current one (still employed but on gardening leave since a month or so).
As I changed to a competitor, all sorts of legal stuff had to be considered and of course negotiating a new contract. My current employer tried to screw me (it was a laughable feeble attempt, against labor law actually, so I basically told them "really, are you stooping that low and wish to play tough?") but in the end they realised they had no hand to play and I was let go without quarantine.

Also, we ended up selling our house last week. I busted around the house for weeks to get in top condition (it paid off, handsomely!)... riding high on the property ladder GONNA MAKE IT RAIN in Tampa next month

New job starts next week... I will be in a hotel, with some spare time as no kids or wife around me. I should be able to finish this TR then.

Stay tuned.
Did your buddy pay Tull when bringing the valuables back from the US to Sweden?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Did your buddy pay Tull when bringing the valuables back from the US to Sweden?
Sorry for restarting an old thread here. What is Tull?!
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Sorry for restarting an old thread here. What is Tull?!
Welcome back. Transfer of residence back to Sweden means something different for Swedish Customs (duty/taxes) purposes than a non-transfer of residence importation of personal goods.

Did you leave the US due to the pandemic only to find residential real estate prices in Sweden had skyrocketed even more than before you left?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Yes and no We jumped on the Swedish residential real estate ladder in earnest back in 2009. No complaints from me...

You only have to pay Tull if you declare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.