Reload this Page >

Hajj, A Journey of a Lifetime: An Insiders Look

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hajj, A Journey of a Lifetime: An Insiders Look

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
A really interesting TR, thanks. (I was reading a book about crowd behaviour the other day,and it mentioned the crush at the Hajj, so I made a mental note to read up about the Hajj-and you've just made it easy for me!)
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: UAMP Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold
Masha-Allah phenomenal report! My wife and I have made Umrah many times and we are planning Hajj for 2016. Thanks for the hard work and excellent reporting!!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Hajji isaifan... than you for an interesting report. It was more than just a trip report. I did a bit more reading on wikki and other sites about Hajj. Truly amazing.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:33 am

A truly remarkable TR. Thank you so much for sharing an extraordinary experience.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Fascinating - I recently went to Jeddah for the first time, and really appreciate your TR to shed some light on what happpens during the Hajj. Thank you.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Mileage Plus, OneWorld, Qatar Airways Privilage Club
Mashallah an amazing TR on one of the most important journeys of a Muslim person's life. May Allah accept your Hajj and give everyone an opportunity to experience this. Love the pics and Inshallah hope to be able to go on Hajj soon!!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
I'm in awe - what a great trip, and the report too! Thanks so much for sharing.^:-:
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:45 pm

Excellent reading, I've always wanted to learn more about the rituals and never knew you had to stay in tent accommodation etc. Your report really shows how much thinking and reflecting you were doing throughout the rituals, and how hard you and others worked to prepare mentally and physically. Thanks for sharing your experience and all the best for your future.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
It is an awesome experience, haven't done it myself, but from people who have, I've been told it is a life changing one.

And am very impressed by fellow posters comments, none of the hate spewing that normally goes on. (apologies mods).

Anyway you and your wife were in here: (can you find yourselves )

Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by SMART51
Isaifan

Thank you for an excellent report. You did a great job trying to describe the atmosphere of those few days where millions of people gather to accomplish a spiritual trip.

Less and less each year people dying from incidents during the Hajj.

Again thank you.حج مبروك وذنب مغفور تقبل الله منكم ومنا صالح الأعمال
The above writing in Arabic is the usual wishes to whoever accomplish the Hajj ritual wishing them that God accept there Hajj and forgive there sins.

Many older people do the Hajj to die there, so maybe this is were the death numbers are high. And death from cholera and other diseases.

And as you the logistics of housing/processing/feeding/moving over 3 million people during the hajj is a nightmare. Especially when you have many who can't understand and need translators.

And the toll on all the infrastructure, basic ones, such as water, sewage, electricity etc etc. It must be a nightmare to manage.

Originally Posted by HMPS
[B]saifan[/B Good TR, photos are appreciated. However your opening line is somewhat misleading.....it transmits that Hajj is the most important journey for ALL. Every religion has it's Most Important Must Visit at least Once locations, be it, Christians, Jews! Hindus, Budhhists etc.

I think the OP meant that it was a lifetime (2 lifetime) experiences for HIM. I don't think he was devaluing any other religion's experiences. He was talking from HIS view point. And it seems to me that it was a journey of a lifetime for him and his wife.

Last edited by Yahillwe; Oct 30, 2014 at 5:34 am
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Anyway you and your wife were in here: (can you find yourselves )
Funny. Actually, we weren't really close to this area. We knew there was an insanely large crowd, so we stayed away in our tents.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:06 pm

Wow, thank you for this! one of the most fascinating things I have read in a long time. The combination of logistical detail and importance to your faith was just wonderful.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread, but came across this article and thought of sharing:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/08/wo...rticle_sidebar
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Really enjoyed your trip report. Congrats on your achievement and thanks for sharing! ^
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:45 am

Thank you for your fascinating TR. It feels surreal.

Sorry, if this question has been asked. How would the pilgrims from poor 3rd world countries be able to pay for their Hajj? Is it subsidized by the Saudi Gov't?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.