Hajj, A Journey of a Lifetime: An Insiders Look

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hajj, A Journey of a Lifetime: An Insiders Look

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
What a unique and educational TR. Thanks for sharing it.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Very cool trip report, for a trip that requires a cool head to prevail. It gives me a much better idea of what some of my acquaintances who have gone or will go on this kind of journey may experience. Thanks for sharing the journey in such extensive detail.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Amazing report. What an adventure!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:21 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
wow... i am :O at the determination and faith in this trip! the stories amaze me and the insight into this unusual trip is very awesome!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
This is why I love FlyerTalk - this was amazing - thank you so much for posting.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Fantastic trip report! I feel like you indulged us with some amazing photos from Mekkah and Medina - not easily seen around.

Do tell me: does the Hajj visa come with a fix lenght of stay or you can extend your visit to Saudia for a few days?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Can I please join in saying thank you so much for sharing and writing about this experience.

As with the other non-Muslims, I thoroughly enjoyed the learnings and insights from this TR.

Thank you again, to you and your wife.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Mazel Tov for an amazing experience and Thank you so much for sharing with us.

As a Jew, I found this report very interesting, what a wonderful spiritual journey for you, and to share it again with your wife.

I have been in Indonesia when the flights have returned from the Hajj, so understood the significance, but thank you for the time and effort to share with us all.

I could not help but think while reading all the comments, that all of the worlds religions seemed to be represented, if we could all show the same respect as we have on FT - the world would be a better place, due to the tolerance and respect!!!

Thank you
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
[B]saifan[/B Good TR, photos are appreciated. However your opening line is somewhat misleading.....it transmits that Hajj is the most important journey for ALL. Every religion has it's Most Important Must Visit at least Once locations, be it, Christians, Jews! Hindus, Budhhists etc.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Very cool trip report, for a trip that requires a cool head to prevail. It gives me a much better idea of what some of my acquaintances who have gone or will go on this kind of journey may experience. Thanks for sharing the journey in such extensive detail.
Thanks GUWonder for the comment. I am glad I can offer some insight.

Originally Posted by dcmike
This is why I love FlyerTalk - this was amazing - thank you so much for posting.
Originally Posted by adampenrith
Mazel Tov for an amazing experience and Thank you so much for sharing with us.

As a Jew, I found this report very interesting, what a wonderful spiritual journey for you, and to share it again with your wife.

I have been in Indonesia when the flights have returned from the Hajj, so understood the significance, but thank you for the time and effort to share with us all.

I could not help but think while reading all the comments, that all of the worlds religions seemed to be represented, if we could all show the same respect as we have on FT - the world would be a better place, due to the tolerance and respect!!!

Thank you
Thanks dcmike and adampenrith for your comments. Flyertalk does offer open mindedness and a great understanding of other cultures and religions. Ultimately, that is why we travel. To learn from others and reflect upon on our lives. I am very honored that this thread has received positive feedback in general and can provide further understanding and reflection.

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Fantastic trip report! I feel like you indulged us with some amazing photos from Mekkah and Medina - not easily seen around.

Do tell me: does the Hajj visa come with a fix lenght of stay or you can extend your visit to Saudia for a few days?
Thanks oneworld82. I am a long time reader of yours. I believe the hajj visa is valid from 30 days before to 30 days after hajj. The Saudi government than has a religious visa freeze for 3 months to clean up.

Originally Posted by HMPS
[B]saifan[/B Good TR, photos are appreciated. However your opening line is somewhat misleading.....it transmits that Hajj is the most important journey for ALL. Every religion has it's Most Important Must Visit at least Once locations, be it, Christians, Jews! Hindus, Budhhists etc.
Thanks HMPS for the feedback. Edited.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What a fantastic report!

Thank you isaifan for a fascinating and very different trip report. Extremely insightful for those of us not familiar with Hajj. More of these please....
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
isaifan, I'm not a religion-specific person, but through your writing I think I can still sense at least some of your feelings. As you say, we all need something to believe in and give us meaning. This kind of a vivid and insightful trip report makes me glad to have stayed on FT. Respect!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:02 pm

I just read in Al Ahram that 20 Egyptians died doing the Haj this year?

Why can you only go at a certain time?

It seems safer because of the huge crowds if the Haj could be spread out during the whole year.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Thank you, isaifan, very much for providing this TR!

The world needs more reports like this- very humanizing, very personal.

Peace be with you.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2 MM)
Mabrouk ya haj! Welcome back and thanks for sharing your experience with us. Fantastic trip report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.