Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk, travels, etc thru the "eyes" of a FTer having Stage 4 cancer (Part 1 of 4)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk, travels, etc thru the "eyes" of a FTer having Stage 4 cancer (Part 1 of 4)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:21 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. It's very uplifting. I have passed on this link to a friend who is currently fighting for her life the same way. On a more personal level, after having been the primary caretaker for a family member that had this illness a few years back, I only wish she had half of your optimism. It's very hard facing chemo/radiation therapy day in and day out and still shows enthusiasm for life (and travels!) as you do. Truly commendable.

Please take good care of yourself and keep up the fight. Looking forward to the many reports you will have in the future.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA MM, Alaska Airlines MVP
Thanks for sharing! God Bless!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Thanks for the inspiration, my husband was diagnosed with Glioblastoma multiforme stage 4 last week, when he is over the therapies, we will keep travelling !
Old Mar 23, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Wonderful attitude

Hello Chemist661

Thank you very much for an upbeat attitude. We ALL need it.

Had the pleasure last year, hope you make it to the Chicago Seminars this year.

Remember I am local so if I can help, just ask .
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:36 pm

Very glad to have read your post, thank you for it. I am going to strive for your attitude and approach to life and travel; much wisdom.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Thank you so much for sharing your story! Thoughts and prayers headed your way for speedy recoveries and no complications!

As most FT'ers will admit, our ability to travel as much as we would like is often interrupted by health concerns of our own or our family's. But, thanks to the great resource that FlyerTalk is, we can get the inside scoop even though we have been out of the game for a while. And, FT has some great travel reading material (especially the Trip Report section!).

Keep on truckin' and may the upgrade gods look favorably upon you!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL PM
Such a positive outlook on life - refreshing! Thanks for sharing and my thoughts and prayer are with you!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:35 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
You rock C661. I hope they took good care of you when you were in my home town (San Diego). Cheers to you, my friend.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Plat
Prayers with you for many first class journeys ahead on earth and beyond. Thank you for sharing a wonderful story.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:49 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
One of the great things about FT is the way we can live life vicariously through people who are going through the realities of existence. It enables us to be more understanding, more caring, more tolerant of the people we encounter as we fly around the globe.

Posts like these are like gold dust. They ground us in what it is to be a human being, with successes and failures, with trials and tribulations and also with wondrous experiences.

Thank you C661!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
My best wishes to you, chemist661, as you work to regain your health.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
This is certainly one of the more interesting and moving trip reports I have seen here. Thanks for sharing with us and I wish you nothing but the utmost success in regaining your health. You sound like a guy who will make the most of your recovery with a lot of great travels. Here's hoping that many of them are in First Class. Happy Contrails! =============== >
Old Mar 24, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Good speed and Hook'em!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond
Thank you for the great post. I have no doubt you will beat this. My thoughts and prayer for you and your family.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Thanks for sharing, chemist661! My grandmother was diagnosed with cancer in December, so I've seen a little of what you're going through. I sent your TR to show that you can do anything, even with cancer. I wish you nothing but the best!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.