Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Air China in C is awesome! (PEK-CDG; pro photos, too!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China in C is awesome! (PEK-CDG; pro photos, too!)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by mkjr
So funny....I had no idea....there was just something in the eyes!!
Well, perhaps it had something to do with the fact that we had just come from a quick trip to Tiananmen Square with a hour seven-hour layover at PEK and we were now headed to an overnight layover at CDG, including time to get dinner in Paris! I'd say that's a pretty good way to make a Chinese-American woman happy...

Last edited by tommyleo; Jan 22, 2013 at 1:26 pm
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Nice report and photos. Thank you!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler
Thanks so much for the report. Just pulled the trigger on 4 x C Class (Z) SFO-BKK with the new 72 hr stopover option in PEK on the way out. Really good price for C, couldn't find the award seats I wanted so giving this a shot for the annual family trip.

Maybe they'll deploy new config by July, instead of old 744 (a girl can hope...)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum, ex-UA 1P
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Good tea, good options.
They had a tea menu in first as well, I didn't break out out so you'll have to do with what was in the dinner menu:

I had some of the oolong and the Pu'er, it was fine, I had better in Bejing at a tea shop but I'd expect as such.
Nice, thanks for the tea menu shot - I could cross the Pacific going through the list, hope to try it soon.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Great TR! The photos are excellent quality!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olybeast
Great TR! The photos are excellent quality!
Thanks! But they have to be -- that's how I earn my living.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Another excellent TR Tommy!

I'm curious though, when you take photos with random people's faces in them, has anyone ever objected? I always like to take a shot from the front of the cabin but kind of don't dare cause I'm afraid some people might object. Personally I don't mind if someone was taking a photo like yours though and I happen to be in it.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:41 am

Just to interject here, I've always taken cabin/inflight photos and never had any objections. Also I always make it open that I am taking photos (as opposed to doing it discreetly) and never had any issues with it.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:46 pm

Very nice report, thanks for sharing!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:08 pm

Wow, CA looks awesome in your trip report! Nice photography!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by payam81
Another excellent TR Tommy!

I'm curious though, when you take photos with random people's faces in them, has anyone ever objected? I always like to take a shot from the front of the cabin but kind of don't dare cause I'm afraid some people might object. Personally I don't mind if someone was taking a photo like yours though and I happen to be in it.
^

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Just to interject here, I've always taken cabin/inflight photos and never had any objections. Also I always make it open that I am taking photos (as opposed to doing it discreetly) and never had any issues with it.
belfordrocks is exactly right. The key is to be open and honest about your intentions. No, you don't have to verbally announce yourself. But don't look like some creepy dude trying to "sneak" photos either. It also helps to have a look of child-like wonder on your face when you're taking photos. Who's going to want to spoil your joy?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Great trip report! Sadly, this was not my experience at all in C class. Flying PEK-SFO on 74M, I knew to expect old recliner seats. But, I was surprised with the meal service. While it was very friendly, it was so skimpy. Everything presented on one tray (appetizer, bread, main dish), no menus given at all you just had to listen to the FA's poor description of meals, and breakfast again, all on one tray. It was like economy class, but with nicer dishware. Everything the FA brought was wrong (perhaps they were confused when manifesting on their sheet because they had to give meal choices to everyone). The dessert and cheese/fruit course was nice, but other than that nothing special. No midflight snack or food set up, only one bottle of water per pax (which is annoying since security takes your water from the lounge in the jetway), and no passes of the cabin to offer drinks at all during the flight.

AVOD and amenity kits plus pajamas were a nice touch though.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Great trip report! Sadly, this was not my experience at all in C class. Flying PEK-SFO on 74M, I knew to expect old recliner seats. But, I was surprised with the meal service. While it was very friendly, it was so skimpy. Everything presented on one tray (appetizer, bread, main dish), no menus given at all you just had to listen to the FA's poor description of meals, and breakfast again, all on one tray. It was like economy class, but with nicer dishware. Everything the FA brought was wrong (perhaps they were confused when manifesting on their sheet because they had to give meal choices to everyone). The dessert and cheese/fruit course was nice, but other than that nothing special. No midflight snack or food set up, only one bottle of water per pax (which is annoying since security takes your water from the lounge in the jetway), and no passes of the cabin to offer drinks at all during the flight.

AVOD and amenity kits plus pajamas were a nice touch though.
As I've pointed out in previous posts, the soft product is much lower in quality just like the hard product on CA's 747M flights, so I'm not surprised you were underwhelmed. I'm not sure why they haven't upped the international soft product on older aircraft but SFO should be switching over to the 77W some time this year and then things will hopefully improve.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Why no printed menus on some long-haul flights? Had no clue what i was eating!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:24 am

Love those pajamas, you look like Bruce Lee!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.