Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Eminem has his 8 Mile, I値l take my 4 Mile (United Int値 and Premium Service F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eminem has his 8 Mile, I値l take my 4 Mile (United Int値 and Premium Service F)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Amex Plat
Great trip report, was awesome to read. The biggest thing I took away was, when booking an amazing deal...book it for ASAP!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Yes, That was my idea after pulling it off 3 times at JFK and once at LGA and SHF & jfkeze met the girl as we both flew to ORD.

Great report bro and sorry to have missed u in NYC, I was recovering from a 72hr no sober moment binge so I didnt see my txts till well after.

Btw, How the HELL did you spend $100 on mediocre looking takeout sushi!?!?!?! RA Sushi serves better looking stuff and they are a west coast chain!!!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Genius1
Interesting report! Very lucky to get those four F flights for virtually nothing.

I am never impressed with UA's catering in trip reports, and this was no exception. Serving a PDB in a plastic cup in F (or J) is simply not acceptable. I'm also not a fan of cart service in F, but I thought in this trip report the sundae cart looked quite good!

The UA F lounge at JFK is certainly a far cry from the BA CCR, or even their recently refurbished F and J lounges.

However, for the virtually nothing paid for the trips I think they would have been four very enjoyably flights!

You do need to sleep more though, you know
I will say this was definitely like winning the lottery.
Both AA and UA serve PDB with Plastic cup, I don't have experience with DL but maybe it could be a US regulation?
I think some part of the service on the cart is great, things like appetizer (LH/LX), salad (AA/UA), dessert can be well done on those fold-down carts.
Just don't bring the completely boxed-in catering cart into the cabin please.
The UA F lounge is pretty much on its last leg, $misek can't wait to take its last breath from it.
For the price I can't complain, I'm sure United would love to put me in their cargo hold if they could have.
The jokes FT can have with my sleeping pattern

Originally Posted by kal22
Great trip report, was awesome to read. The biggest thing I took away was, when booking an amazing deal...book it for ASAP!
Thank you, I was just lucky to have a close-in set of dates that work,
that and I was grounded for 5 weeks prior made me pretty antsy to get on a plane quick.
Most people have a alcohol, coffee or drug addiction, pretty sure mine is flying

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Yes, That was my idea after pulling it off 3 times at JFK and once at LGA and SHF & jfkeze met the girl as we both flew to ORD.

Great report bro and sorry to have missed u in NYC, I was recovering from a 72hr no sober moment binge so I didnt see my txts till well after.

Btw, How the HELL did you spend $100 on mediocre looking takeout sushi!?!?!?! RA Sushi serves better looking stuff and they are a west coast chain!!!
Guess my memories aren't bad after all
No worries, we just thought you fell off the map
You have to ask jfkeze for the sushi, trust me, I was going nowhere that night @:-)

And I would like to thank United Airlines once again for this absolutely wonderful opportunity to make this trip happen
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Extra Extra - Final CPM calculations

As suggested by wchou in another thread
I guess I can post this photo as well
July 19 outbound was sold out so I had to use July 20 instead

Cost of ticket if paid - 17368.40, can't see someone paying this price to United
You could however get a Benjamin back for signing up a credit card
Cost of ticket on miles - 4 Miles
CPM for redemption - 4342.1 dollars per Miles
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:31 am

Or....... 434,210 cents per mile.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WChou
Or....... 434,210 cents per mile.
This definitely changes my MR strategy
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
just re-read this TR. Fantastic deal!

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jan 10, 2014 at 10:40 pm
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
just re-read this TR. Fantastic deal!
Thanks for reminding me UA_Flyer, pretty sure this is a deal of a lifetime that I won't get again ^
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Good timing on your bump of this thread, as I'll be on UA 869 tomorrow (though in J, unfortunately, not F).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.