Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Popping my First Class cherry on my BAby, 3 States, 3 Parks, Oh and a Mustang!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Great pictures and report noniron.
Old May 10, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Diamond Ambassador, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hilton Gold
Really enjoyed this, thanks for bringing back the memories of San Francisco and the Grand Canyon. After seeing your photos I'm regretting not buying the Sony NEX-C3 before this trip, we were very close to getting one a few weeks before. How did you find the camera compared to what you were using before?
Old May 10, 2012, 4:52 am

Those pictures from around Death Valley were absolutely stunning, especially with the clouds between the mountains. This was a treat.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Spymon
Really enjoyed this, thanks for bringing back the memories of San Francisco and the Grand Canyon. After seeing your photos I'm regretting not buying the Sony NEX-C3 before this trip, we were very close to getting one a few weeks before. How did you find the camera compared to what you were using before?
We had been using a Sony cybershot compact but wanted something a bit more advanced without making the jump to a full on DSLR so the NEX C3 was perfect for us and must admit we both love it, we have enjoyed playing with all the features, it came with two lenses but we need to invest in a bigger zoom lens and some filters, (guess what Mrs Noniron is getting from Santa!)
Old May 10, 2012, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Nice trip! As one who has driven well over one hundred road trips through every single county in the eleven western states, I hope you can manage a few more trips back to our fair continent. Should you ever get your fill of the west (impossible in my estimation), there's equal beauty of a different style through New England and the eastern third of the country. And then there's the drive up to Alaska. Wishing you many happy miles ahead...
Old May 10, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Nice job.

Loved your pictures ^
Old May 10, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: BAEC & others
Magnificent report Noniron.

You did a lot better than me in getting a Mustang. I booked a 'Stang from Hertz in Denver and they insisted that a Mercury Cougar (Mondeo with lipstick) was in the same category and that was all they had - 'take it or leave it' . Wretched thing was horrid with vile 3 speed slushbox. I knocked up 4500 miles on the thing before dropping it off at SFO.
Old May 11, 2012, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Nice trip! As one who has driven well over one hundred road trips through every single county in the eleven western states, I hope you can manage a few more trips back to our fair continent. Should you ever get your fill of the west (impossible in my estimation), there's equal beauty of a different style through New England and the eastern third of the country. And then there's the drive up to Alaska. Wishing you many happy miles ahead...
Thank you Seat 2A, New England definitely appeals to me, I've said in previous posts that I only found FlyerTalk by stumbling upon your trip report 'the long way to Australia'
Old May 13, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Absolutely stunning report! Your pictures were incredible and it looks like you both had an amazing trip! I'm glad you decided to go through with it and didn't fully change your mind at the beginning.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro

Wow, wonderful photos and report. Thanks
Old May 14, 2012, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
You know you broke one of the rule of PCH, must be in a Convertable or better yet a motorcycle...
Old May 14, 2012, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
You know you broke one of the rule of PCH, must be in a Convertable or better yet a motorcycle...
Now a motorcycle would have been fun!
Old May 14, 2012, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Great Report, I love seeing America from the prespective of someone who is not from the US...

I grew up in Calif and had done PCH on motorcycle many time, even done Yosmite on bike, some of the best views ANYWHERE.... Next trip, do a rafting trip in the Grand Canyon, this is really the only way to see the Canyon...

Originally Posted by noniron
Now a motorcycle would have been fun!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by accrue450
LOL. gotta love that british humor.

(non-british here)
Just re-read this report, sorry for not replying!

Glad that you got the funny side, sometimes things get lost in translation!

Last edited by noniron; Jan 9, 2013 at 3:05 pm
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC foot soldier
I absolutely loved this report. We did a similar trip last summer but wish my pics were as good as these. Great job.

Andy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.