Wiki Posts
Search

A Very Eightblack Christmas...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Thanks, brought back memories, Italy that is, not the ankle biter
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:47 pm

Surely, at 11, you could drop Number One Son in a field somewhere without any Apple equipment, since he's seen them all, and see how long it takes for him to return to SIN. Survival training at its best and a definitely unique university application essay experience sure to get him into a school which will bankrupt you. Does Singapore have child services? Are they run by people who had to walk 15 miles to school in the snow without shoes?

Though perhaps you should change all your credit card numbers and drain the ff accounts first, just to make the challenge a good one.

I jest. I think you'd find your photo and a description of "one slightly used liver" up on the internet pretty quickly after that and you're still trying to break the liver in.

Thanks for another trip report! And congratulations on scoring 4 premium long haul award tickets during the holiday season. I didn't think that was possible.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Sorry Kiley went to the huge garden where Irish Wolfhounds get to play forever! The current IW in the house is Brickie. If he steals another sock, I'd be glad to send him for a visit! They don't eat much, really......

My Lotus S4SE black badge also went to the huge race track in the sky....I'd love to drive a Ferrari!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Why do I assume that your son sounds like Jake from Two and a Half Men did at that age? Except with an Australian accent.

Enjoying the report as always.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Italians do have an interesting way with driving. I am surprised that you didnt see any locals. The sometimes stop and stare / clap at cars.

I do enjoy your updates thanks.

Your enjoyment of this trip makes me want / need to visit Italy again.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:30 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Oh what a TR, had me in stitches, thank goodness there was only myself in reception whilst reading it. It is obviously your son has his finger wrapped round your little finger.^
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Wonderful, just absolutely wonderful, and am glad that you paid the BA forum a visit, and I do hope that you read the thread in your honor...

Now since you ditched me on the cheese-a-thone... when is the next one?? , am practicing every day... And now that spring is around the corner the cheese should be great...

Last edited by Yahillwe; Dec 20, 2011 at 4:46 am
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Great writing EightBlack, I will have to print off the installments to share with my family over Christmas. I look forward to the rest, so far up to the same standard as the previous holiday trip!

Yahillwe thanks for bringing this to my attention!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Eye-wateringly great TR! Just love the "drive it like you stole it" line
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: Virtuoso
It's a bad day when your 11 year old is using your FCT entrance as a bargaining chip!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Another EightBlack classic. ^ Hope you're having a good trip and I look forward to the stories about the return home!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Is anyone else checking in every 3-4 hours in case you've missed the next installment?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Is anyone else checking in every 3-4 hours in case you've missed the next installment?
You're only checking every 3-4 hours? Slacker.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:07 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Many people say they "have a book in them"... In most cases it's patently not true, but eightblack, you're the exception. Very enjoyable reading.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
And Ft'ers alone would make it an instant best seller! This is great stuff!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.