Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

My First First! - BA First Class, Sydney to UK Return (& Paris, Ireland, Bangkok)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My First First! - BA First Class, Sydney to UK Return (& Paris, Ireland, Bangkok)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: QFF
As always amazing trip report! Well written with good photos!

Keep up the good work!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kered
Oh I bet that was a difficult choice to make, you lucky sod
It was, I live a difficult life

Originally Posted by Moomba
and still you didn't get to the cheese

Fabulous photos Matt. I am pleased the food offerings seem to be improving, things are looking up for my next First in 5 weeks.
I know, I must try harder next time! Perhaps taking a brief rest between courses would help. The food was a huge step up from what I'd had before, I was very impressed.

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Thanks for the amazing trip reports I might change my seat now, it must get so irritating with people using the magazine racks!

It's a shame about the crew not working well together.
I did find it annoying. I posted in the F seating queries thread on the BA board, here. The magazine rack is further forward in NF, which might explain it.

Originally Posted by robofski
Probably shouldn't have read this on a WW flight from CDG to EMA, made my centre of 3 seat feel even more like battery hen cage!
Oh dear! Don't worry, I've spent enough time in economy to feel the pain too!

Originally Posted by ellielovesem
Thanks for the final part, I've been looking forward to it! Certainly looks like the way to go and I'm glad you enjoyed the whole experience.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into these reports, I love reading them and I go back to old ones from time to time, mainly to enjoy the photos but they are such a good read they're worth looking at again.

Do you have anymore trips planned, just wondering when we can look forward to the next TR!
Hold your horses ellie!

I've still got to post my time in BKK and the CW flight back to SYD.

Thank you for your really kind comments. No more trips planned at the moment, although I'd like to go back to India towards the end of this year and my 30th is coming up in September so I'd like to do something to celebrate that.

Originally Posted by Padmeister
I have commented a few times before on how good your TR's are but i really am loving this one! Excellent writing style! Excellent pictures! Just Great!
Thanks PM! ^ Glad that you are enjoying it. Sadly, no more F flights to report on for this trip.

Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I know there aren't any bonus points for recognising this one, but I'd say that it is looking over South Dock Marina in Rotherhithe
I can award you some bonus bonus points for that one. You are correct LA ^. It's a great view, but I think that we were right to get the bus to Greenwich for breakfast!

Originally Posted by frankxinyu
As always amazing trip report! Well written with good photos!
Thanks frankxinyu, glad to hear that you are enjoying it.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
A really enjoyable TR, thanks! I was comparing the photos of "old" First and New First, and while I love the new side walls and use of leather, I agree that the new cabin looks a bit too cold: different lighting and perhaps some subtle wood trim would warm things up a considerably.

The meal service out of LHR looked amazing, quite the contrast from the sad little cheese omelet on AA this morning.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
English Breakfast

I find it intereting that one would want a "typiccal" breakfast that could be found any place in England when flying international FC. It seems the english are proud of that breakfast and every enlishman who has done a TR on BA in FC or CW always get the same breakfast.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by socalduck
The meal service out of LHR looked amazing, quite the contrast from the sad little cheese omelet on AA this morning.
Hehe, doesn't sound too nice

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I find it intereting that one would want a "typiccal" breakfast that could be found any place in England when flying international FC. It seems the english are proud of that breakfast and every enlishman who has done a TR on BA in FC or CW always get the same breakfast.
Yes, absolutely! And why not? You find it strange that a British airline would serve British food?

As someone who was born in the UK but now lives away, I look forward to any opportunity to sample my home cuisine.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Great trip report - thanks for sharing ^

aks120
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:51 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
And why not? When I am in England, I sort of expect to get the same thing no matter where I am. Likewise when I am alsewhere in the world.

When I am on BA, I am "sort of" in Britain, even though I might be a few miles up elsewhere and en-route to England.

So give me the English.

(A bit like I ALWAYS expect to be able to get that most under-estimated delicacy, "Vegemite", when on a Qantas flight, I don't care where it is going to or from, I want some!)

Dave
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:42 pm

CCR Snacks?

Maybe not the right place for this silly question, but here goes...

I was wondering if the CCR has any snacks, or food options outside of the fine dining menu.

Travelling in F for the first time next month, have an early connection into LHR. A few hours after having breakfast and still in the CCR -I was wondering if there are any options of food for a late morning snack. It will still be the breakfast menu I would imagine, and it will be kettle chips etc I will be hankering for at this point.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pazza2000
I was wondering if the CCR has any snacks, or food options outside of the fine dining menu.
Aside from the Concorde Dining menu, there are nuts, olives and crisps at the Concorde Bar.

The waiting staff will bring you pretty much anything from the Galleries First lounge to the Concorde Room if you ask.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Aside from the Concorde Dining menu, there are nuts, olives and crisps at the Concorde Bar.

The waiting staff will bring you pretty much anything from the Galleries First lounge to the Concorde Room if you ask.
Olives, nuts & crisps will hit the spot as a late morning snack. What could the waiting staff bring from GF during breakfast hours that is more snack like, less breafast formal dining?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Don't be confused, Mat I mean, here you are flying international FC, and expriencing sometihng you haven't before, I would think this would be a good chance to try something you normally wouldn't have eaten or tried, that is all. Its all part of the adventure.

Originally Posted by matthandy
Hehe, doesn't sound too nice

Yes, absolutely! And why not? You find it strange that a British airline would serve British food?

As someone who was born in the UK but now lives away, I look forward to any opportunity to sample my home cuisine.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Us Brits are known throughout the world for making a fantastic breakfast i.e generally known as a "Full English" i can totally agree with matthandy
for choosing it on board his FC flight! and it looked fantastic to be fair!

And considering matthandy lives in Australia it is perfectly fitting that when he comes back to England to visit that he should do the English thing and go to a proper English Pub and also sample a mighty fine "Full English" breakfast ^ Because you certainly wouldn't get a good one of them in Australia
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

This is news to me, really. Last time I was in England, I tried this "full English Breakfast" it was just OK.. Since I'm not fond of tomatoe's or baked beans. Now give me a good omlett or some good mexican chorizo, I show you a good breakfast.

Originally Posted by Padmeister
Us Brits are known throughout the world for making a fantastic breakfast i.e generally known as a "Full English" i can totally agree with
Old Jul 23, 2011, 5:36 pm

So, now that you are rested up, are you planning your next trip?!

I am looking forward to the trip report.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, Lufthansa Miles and More
Fantastic!

Hi Matthandy!
What a fantastic TR, one of the best I've seen in a while!
Keep it up!

Last edited by AndersenF; Jul 23, 2011 at 10:55 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.