Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Ever see the same person(s) on your return flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever see the same person(s) on your return flight?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2023, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
A few years back, flew a red eye to the east coast, had a business meeting and took a late afternoon flight home.
On the return flight, one of the flight attendants and I recognized each other from the outbound flight. We had a laugh and a brief conversation about it.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:47 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

I have, although it was a short EAS flight on a Cessna. The outbound was me, one other passenger, and two pilots who looked like they were in their early 20s. The return flight was me and the same passenger plus a few others. One of the two pilots was the same as well.
Old May 3, 2023, 6:16 am
Suspended

The regular commuters from small airports surely see each other and know each other on flights, at the airports and around town.
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 3:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Even on flights between bigger airports it happens a lot for “the regulars” to recognize each other.

I also see the same flight attendants often enough. Some of the same passengers while doing mileage runs such as when having flights where there were four or more FTers had been doing the same segments as part of a mileage run. And a whole bunch of other times with others who also commute by air between the same city pairs. And then a whole bunch of “randoms”.
Old May 4, 2023, 5:45 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Took a flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh for the points last year and saw the same three businessmen on the first morning departure return on the first evening departure back

Apart from that, my only other time was a flight to Belfast and back from Birmingham for the now defunct Flybe 2.0 when almost the entire flight came back minus the CEO
Old May 4, 2023, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
sadly I cant recall this happening.
I did once have the same taxi driver in Dortmund (DE) at the hbf (main train station). Sadly it only happened in 1995 & 1996 - I had gone to Dortmund annually from 1994 to 2009.

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Flew several years ago on EL-AL from LHR to TLV. I noticed a gentleman who had a definite aura about him. When we arrived in TLV, our relatives were excited to see the artist AGAM exiting at the same time. On our return trip to LHR, Agam, was on our flight. Having known little about this artist, prior to our trip, and subsequently learning what an important artist he is. it made our return just a little more interesting. As well, it was an educational experience.
Originally Posted by obscure2k
In the 1980's we traveled from LHR to TLV. Our relatives recognized the famed Israeli artist, Agam . They were very excited. On our return to LHR, Yaacov Agam he was across the aisle from us.
these posts are 15 years apart and I think its super fun. Does this mean that Agam lived in UK?
Old May 5, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
not a return flight, but 2x IAD-SEA on DL a couple months apart ... older gentleman with a sturdy walking stick and wearing a "USAF Retired" baseball cap, his female companion had a very distinctive hair style and a recognizable style of roller bag
Old May 6, 2023, 2:00 am

Last year had a flight to LA for Disneyland and saw the same lady on my round trip flight. Definitely made me wonder how many times our paths crossed while in LA considering the usual attractions someone would visit.
Old May 7, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I met a guy at the boarding gate of my first flight and then he started talking non stop and lo and behold he was sitting next to me on that flight. Now how much of a coincidence is that he was sat next to me on the next flight too and the next day as I was changing money and he there he was in front of me in the queue.
Old May 8, 2023, 10:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I've done a few LIS-OXB flights pre-COVID. The flights would normally be 3x/week. You would always meet a bunch of the same people at one of the two business-type hotels in OXB, and many would also likely be on your return flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.