More clueless people

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser
Here's a list I "put together" ()from a previous thread on this topic:

21. Americans that SHOUT
First, let me say your list is brilliant -

I've got another one for you:

Drunken young Brits on any given weekend evening singing and being generally obnoxious as they parade around the platform waiting for the train to arrive (especially on football nights)!
Quite offensive and we see this every time we're in London!
Also embarassing.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici
I have very little tolerance for all these types. And thats why I turn on my iPod, sip my predeparture drink and read my magazine so I don't have to witness all this.
In regard to security lines, and Ma and Pa holding them up, there is very little I can do, and I do choose carefully which lane I go to when I have a choice (more people with lap top bags and less strollers).
I do the same thing!
My goal is to cocoon myself as much as possible from the others.
If only a decent pair of video goggles were available.....
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:44 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by soitgoes
You leave your belt in your carryon? Don't you know that that could be used a as a weapon? (sharp metal objects, etc.)

do you work for the TSA? , once I carried a star wars laser sable all the way from MBS to SJO ....I am surprised they didnt have the weapons of a Jedi in their list of forbidden items.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by BigLar
Invariably, there will be someone who starts at the front, looks at his boarding pass, looks up at the number of the row, and then moves to the next row and does it again.
When I flew NW and was on an Airbus 319/320 sitting in my F seat, it was amazing the number of people that couldn't figure out where the row numbers were, and how many times I was asked where the row numbers were. Flying DL (no Airbii in the fleet), I haven't seen this happen in a while.

On a recent OO CRJ900 flight, I had to tell two separate F pax seated on the "A" side that the thing they were frantically trying to open above their seat was simply a panel that didn't open, not a bin, and that they'd have to use a bin on the other side of the aisle (there are little signs on the panels that explain there is no overhead storage on that side of the aisle).
Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:26 pm

Programs: Gold or Diamond everywhere. All done the easy way.
Originally Posted by BigLar
So I'm sitting in seat 1D sipping my Bloody Mary, and I'm watching the folks board. Invariably, there will be someone who starts at the front, looks at his boarding pass, looks up at the number of the row, and then moves to the next row and does it again.

I mean, the BP says 26E. Don't you think they'd catch on pretty quick that the rows are in numerical order?

I hope that poor traveler didn't annoy you too much.

Talk about being a snob, sheesh.

Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: Gold or Diamond everywhere. All done the easy way.
Not everyone travels on a weekly/daily basis. For some people, air travel only happens once or maybe twice every five years. SHOCK!!

So stop acting like your sh!t don't stink. I am sure you all look equally as stupid and clueless also when you are in a foreign environment.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Is this really worth making a thread about? Is it that easy for you to sip your drink and look down on others? I've seen plenty of people up front do stupid things. Do you actually know if he was in 26E? I'm sure if you brought this up with the person who so bothered you, he might take you as being a little smug.

Sit back and relax. There are far worse things to worry about than someone checking their boarding pass. There are plenty of people who are hungry and live in fear all over the planet. Perhaps you could brainstorm on how to help them instead.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EasyEliteStatus
I hope that poor traveler didn't annoy you too much.

Talk about being a snob, sheesh.
Originally Posted by EasyEliteStatus
Not everyone travels on a weekly/daily basis. For some people, air travel only happens once or maybe twice every five years. SHOCK!!

So stop acting like your sh!t don't stink. I am sure you all look equally as stupid and clueless also when you are in a foreign environment.
Originally Posted by thegeneral
Is this really worth making a thread about? Is it that easy for you to sip your drink and look down on others? I've seen plenty of people up front do stupid things. Do you actually know if he was in 26E? I'm sure if you brought this up with the person who so bothered you, he might take you as being a little smug.

Sit back and relax. There are far worse things to worry about than someone checking their boarding pass. There are plenty of people who are hungry and live in fear all over the planet. Perhaps you could brainstorm on how to help them instead.
I have my hemlock all ready, and I'm donating my worthless, lifeless corpse to science, in hopes that some poor homeless vagrant can make good use of my organs.

And this goes for you, too, Fraser! (PS - nice to see you in other than the BA forum )
Old Jan 23, 2008, 7:10 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

This thread is rapidly devolving. Think about folks who have just discovered FT. Would hate them to think that this type of discussion is a routine topic for TravelBuzz (or any other forum).
This thread is now history.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.