$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2007, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Another option to consider is requesting a gift receipt in-store or simply printing two online receipts. Now you have an original sales receipt to send in for the redemption and a receipt to return the items...
Old Jun 3, 2007, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I smell impending fiasco here. Worse than Goldpoints/Valumags.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by asandrs
We also did the similar Mercury offer thru the same redemption company.

Sent in the form early May requesting out of TPA going to LAS, BOS or ORD on 5/25, 6/2 or 6/9. By 5/31 we hadn’t heard from them so we called and they had nothing for those dates so we asked for BOS in September. They offered TPA-BOS out 9/21, return 9/24 on Delta. Fees etc are about $60 so we took it (price on Delta is $218 including taxes etc). Used the locator code search on delta.com and seats show as confirmed, class U.

Question – is there anywhere on delta.com I can add my FF # to this reservation or do I have to call them ?

Thanks,

Andy.
Can you view a receipt online and see how much was paid for the ticket (or is that what you meant by the $218 comment?)? Is there a way to cancel the ticket online?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:52 am

My wife got the free ticket. I am going to buy one on the same itinerary - lowest price on delta.com is $218. Hers is class U, non-refundable (as will be mine). Andy.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 12:27 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Exclamation

Be careful with returns....even with a gift receipt!
I realized I bought the wrong length pant leg for my dad so went (with the gift receipt) to change it. The sales girl did the exchange (calling it an even exchange) but when she input the gift receipt info into the register the original complete receipt came up...wherein she "returned" the original pants and repurchased the new ones. Well....I got a new receipt for the new pair of pants and I could see the original receipt was now short by the dollar amount of the pants. I explained about the "1 receipt" condition for the airline offer but she didn't seem to get it. I asked for a manager...and he understood the problem...and agreed that it would definitely be a problem and that I wouldn't qualify for the promotion as things were. He then offered to do a return for the balance of the items and the repurchased pants and do a "rebuy" of them all on one receipt. Nice guy. I hope then pants fit and my dad likes them!
This is just a word to the wise.....even using a gift receipt will link it to the original purchase receipt. Just be aware of returns or exchanges before the ticket comes through.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by dalm
Be careful with returns....even with a gift receipt!
I realized I bought the wrong length pant leg for my dad so went (with the gift receipt) to change it. The sales girl did the exchange (calling it an even exchange) but when she input the gift receipt info into the register the original complete receipt came up...wherein she "returned" the original pants and repurchased the new ones. Well....I got a new receipt for the new pair of pants and I could see the original receipt was now short by the dollar amount of the pants. I explained about the "1 receipt" condition for the airline offer but she didn't seem to get it. I asked for a manager...and he understood the problem...and agreed that it would definitely be a problem and that I wouldn't qualify for the promotion as things were. He then offered to do a return for the balance of the items and the repurchased pants and do a "rebuy" of them all on one receipt. Nice guy. I hope then pants fit and my dad likes them!
This is just a word to the wise.....even using a gift receipt will link it to the original purchase receipt. Just be aware of returns or exchanges before the ticket comes through.
Could one return the items w/o receipt & get a Penny's gift card? That may work if one regularly shops at Penny's for other items. Haven't myself returned stuff at Penny's w/o receipt.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 9:03 pm

I explained about the "1 receipt" condition for the airline offer but she didn't seem to get it.
What do you mean by "1 receipt condition?"

Glad they helped you out!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 9:18 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
The back of the redemption form which I picked up at JCPenneys says, in part:
"Qualifying purchases may be combined but must be made on a single sales receipt. In store and on-line purchases may not be combined to meet the $125 threshold."
Old Jun 5, 2007, 9:48 pm

The back of the redemption form which I picked up at JCPenneys says, in part:
"Qualifying purchases may be combined but must be made on a single sales receipt. In store and on-line purchases may not be combined to meet the $125 threshold."
Thanks. ^
Old Jun 6, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I picked up the full page details printed out by someone at Pennys.

One issue may be: Taxes, fees, pax serv chg. and AIRLINE FAILURE INSURANCE are not covered and, where applicable, MUST be paid upon confirmation or reservation by credit card. Can they force on to get AIRLINE FAILURE INSURANCE? At what cost?? I understand the taxes and pax fac. fees.

I did not see it answered, but can one go on a website (Expert Flyer) and see which flights have U class seats available?

I can see lots of back and forth on dates/destinations. If one can do this over the phone, not too bad. Or even by email. But if by snail mail, may take a lot of time to get what you can live with.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:07 pm

I went ahead and purchased the Docker items and will send in forms and reciepts today (with return req. as I do not trust these processors).

I will try to remember to update this forum with developments as to promptness of reply, what is available, how I requested flights, etc.

If anyone else is doing this, please post your info also.

And if anyone has big issues or good ideas other than posted here on how to get the flights you want, please send me a PM or email. I will reply to you. Just know these deals can get complicated and usually lots of tricks to get the most out of the program and good to share knowledge.

Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:30 pm

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Local ads = free "vacation" or 12 rounds of golf

This is the only place I have seen the free airfare deal.

Local newspaper ads (southeast) are for "vacation" 2 nights someplace, or 12 rounds of golf at various locations.

Free shipping:
http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/dadfsh....CatId=HomePage
on $49 or more.

Worth a whack I say...
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:42 pm

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Talking Let the fun begin

Bought two pairs of pants, pair of shorts and a shirt. $127 + tax, free shipping.

And now the fun begins!
Old Jun 7, 2007, 9:46 pm

If anyone is still thinking of doing this, you may want to check out the store. The one I went to had a much better selection of Dockers than the website and seems to have the same sale going on right now.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by alamedaguy
If anyone is still thinking of doing this, you may want to check out the store. The one I went to had a much better selection of Dockers than the website and seems to have the same sale going on right now.
I went to two stores in two different towns. One had MUCH better selection of goods -- so do some legwork first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.