Wiki Posts
Search

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

http://www.tlc-rewards.com/dockersfreeflight/index.php

Purchase $125 worth of Dockers for Men between 6/3 and 6/9 and get a free roundtrip ticket to 10 different destination cities.
Old May 31, 2007, 6:36 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Lots of restrictions. Need to send your request at least 30 days before travel. Need to provide three dates. They select your destination. And: "Participants may not receive frequent flier miles for their travel." Not quite a RFD deal!
Old May 31, 2007, 6:36 pm

Travel under this program is ONLY from one of the designated US airports to one of the following destinations in the continental US: Boston, New York City, Washington D.C., Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, Orlando, or Dallas.
Participants may not receive frequent flier miles for their travel.
A couple of interesting things to point out.
Old May 31, 2007, 6:37 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
I'm sorry to see this:

in the T&C.
Old May 31, 2007, 6:41 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by jpdx
"Participants may not receive frequent flier miles for their travel."
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I can already see the newbie post in late September, "these Dockers people are a total fraud, they won't give me miles."
Old May 31, 2007, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Washington, DC?

For those of us who live in the Washington DC area, I find it remarkable that neither Washington Dulles nor Reagan National are included in the list of Departure Cities. Anyone interested in this promotion will have to shlepp out to BWI to get their free flight...
Old May 31, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Interesting. I see that one of the possible deparure cities is HNL and you must choose three different destination cities from the list of cities and three different dates.

I wonder if I tried to get a ticket from HNL to LAX, SFO, or ORD if it would likely be on United, which would mean that I could probably cancel the ticket (minus $100 from the fare) and use the value to purchase a ticket--or is it likely that these would be complete nonrefundable tickets.
Old May 31, 2007, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
Interesting. I see that one of the possible deparure cities is HNL and you must choose three different destination cities from the list of cities and three different dates.

I wonder if I tried to get a ticket from HNL to LAX, SFO, or ORD if it would likely be on United, which would mean that I could probably cancel the ticket (minus $100 from the fare) and use the value to purchase a ticket--or is it likely that these would be complete nonrefundable tickets.
Something tells me these folks are in for a headache.

Nevertheless, I shall try to get my sister out of North Dakota with this promotion.
Old May 31, 2007, 7:19 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
One of the departure cities is Ellington, TX

Is there something CO is not telling us

EmailKid
Old May 31, 2007, 7:21 pm

Returns?

So basically you buy $125 of Dockers stuff...send in the original receipts, then take the clothes back, knowing you can't get your money back, but you can exchange it for something you really needed or wanted?

If you play with the system, I'm not sure you have anything to lose, especially if you have to spend $125 on something at a major department store - just buy Dockers gear and take it back for say a wedding gift. Weird promo anyway you slice it.

Is JCP an online retailer in one of the FF Malls?

JCP here I come

Last edited by stevenjames; May 31, 2007 at 7:24 pm Reason: JCPenny is sponsoring the promo? Why?
Old May 31, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Yes, it's still a good promo. ^ to the OP. I'm sure there will FTers who get the maximum oomph (including mileage credit) out it. Personally, I'm looking at one wallet and nine t-shirts.
Old May 31, 2007, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
In the T&C it says:

C. No cancellations or amendments are possible after confirmation of your booking, unless permitted by airline. Airlines impose fees to all changes on all tickets after they have been issued. All such fees, if applicable, are participant’s responsibility.

So you might indeed get away with this... not a bad idea.
Old May 31, 2007, 7:27 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Nwa bump program anyone?

There are several threads over there describing this. Use the search feature to find out more.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; May 31, 2007 at 7:29 pm
Old May 31, 2007, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Since I am moving to Lansing, MI for Law School in two months, I think I will take advantage of this offer solely to have a chance to get out of that town for a weekend for $125. Its an expensive airport to fly out of, and I wonder what carrier it would be booked on.
Old May 31, 2007, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
if we keep our expectations low on this one, we won't be dissapointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.