Business class wish list

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class wish list

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA, AA, Azamara, Princess, RCI & more
More space! With both domestic and international, I think the seats need to be wider. Some of the airlines' business class seats are way too narrow, especially if you want to sleep on your side.

Less leg room! Yes, I said it. We had about 6' between our seats and the seats in front of us on our last Bus. Class flight. I'd rather have more room width wise, and no, I'm not super large.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
1. In seat power with a standard outlet
2. In seat power with a standard outlet
3. In seat power with a standard outlet
Old Apr 28, 2007, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Biggest wish for business class: staff it with high-performing and most-commended FAs, not necessarily senior / burned-out FAs. There are airlines whose business class I avoid because of the sour human factor, even though the seat, food, etc. were acceptable.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 1:44 am

BA has a very good product. Its the staff that I would change. They all seemed rather bored and unreceptive to conversation attempts. Somewhat snippy at times.

On Board. NO problems
Old Apr 28, 2007, 2:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chris88
BA has a very good product. Its the staff that I would change. They all seemed rather bored and unreceptive to conversation attempts. Somewhat snippy at times.

On Board. NO problems

The new BA Business Class can beseen here www.newclubworld.com

From the online manageent of your booking, through to some of the best lounges both at their NYC and LHR/LGW hubs, and even at most oustations this has to be the best most consistent range of lounges and Arrivals Lounges as well as Molton Brown Travel Spas. Sure, the Wing and Virgin's Clubhouse are better, but across the network no airline comoes close to BA for consistency of lounge product.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:12 pm
Used to be mmsteidl

Programs: AA PLAT for life, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat Ambassador
1. More flat beds
2. If no 1), then at least more lie-flat-seats (inclined)
3. Reasonable lounges (like CX in HKG, BA in LHR; not like AA, which according to themselves have not even business class lounges)

In general, the business classes of BA, SQ, CX, LH, LX are just fine for the sake of bringing me from point A to point B. If you need more, go for F.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:39 am

I agree with others who state they want consistent high quality service.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:48 pm

Cleanliness and a genuine spirit of hospitality.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by redbeard911
1. In seat power with a standard outlet
2. In seat power with a standard outlet
3. In seat power with a standard outlet
What is a standard outlet? Plugs vary the world over.
Old May 2, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Good point. Maybe the plug type of the country the airline is based in? Seems that most people buy foreign power adapters for where ever they travel anyway, so it wouldn't be a huge deal if you didn't fly a US carrier.
Old May 2, 2007, 2:24 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
How about one that accepts most of the world's plugs? European/US combo outlets are easy to make.

The airline could carry adapters for those wierdos from the UK, Aus, NZ, etc.
Old May 2, 2007, 2:40 pm

Programs: WorldPerks Gold, Priority Club Platinum
A mute button for the chatty neighbor j/k

I vote for a larger bathroom. Softer toliet paper would be nice too.
Old May 2, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta GM, US Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Oops - double post
Old May 2, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta GM, US Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by thegeneral
I vote for lounges without the smug boring holier than thou types who couldn't hold a conversation if the topic didn't include golf, their bluetooth earpiece or work. It's unfortunate being young and traveling business or first means that you're stuck with crusty people.
Cheers General!! I'm not exactly young, I'm 36 after all but some of the people travelling in business and in the lounges make me feel like I'm 16 again.

As for what I'd like to see most in the non-economy classes:

1) Domestic first: Would it really kill you to clean the seats? I really don't want to sit in someone's crumbs from the previous flight (this really should be done in all classes).

2) Cross-continental Business class: More legroom please. United 3 class domestic is horrible at this. I usually will book a flight at an odd time to get a 757 two class rather than a 767 3 class for the extra legroom.

3) International business class: They should all strive for seats like BA 180 degree Club World (no coffins or slides please) service like CX and SQ and food like Qantas. If you can't deliver on the 180 degree seats, go back to the giant mushroomy barcaloungers.

Oh yeah and on the club front... they should all wish to be as good as the CX Wing in HK.
Old May 2, 2007, 3:40 pm

As already mentioned, the current services vary wildly by airline, even serving the same routes. Perhaps a better thread (which I would start if I wasn't on my way to the new AC suite!) would be 'what should business/first/economy offer to the traveller for their money'.

Thanks,

Dr. PITUK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.