Search

Business class wish list

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Silver, Qatar Silver,FA Alitalia, British Airways gold
Business class wish list

Hi all,
based on your experience, what is actually missing on the Business class? Would you change something in seats, service, and small attention to passenger??
Matteo
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by bull
Hi all,
based on your experience, what is actually missing on the Business class? Would you change something in seats, service, and small attention to passenger??
Matteo

Which business classes are you referring to? Short-haul, long-haul? Two different products. General improvements could be:

-increased seating space (and more 180-degree flat beds long haul)
-increased priority for business pax (boarding, baggage)
-better meal services and options
-higher crew/pax ratio
-better in-flight power & entertainment options
-larger and more sturdy tray tables for work

Does this help?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 6:01 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
This doesn't appear to have anything to do with miles or points, so I'll move it over to Travelbuzz.

Regards,

Flipside
Old Apr 26, 2007, 6:27 am

Programs: AA-LT Plat; BA-CCR & LT Gold; SQ-Solitaire; DL-Plat; SPG-LT Plat; HHonors-Diamond; Hyatt-Globalist
Slightly wider seats.
180 degree beds for all flights over 5 hours.
Larger Work tables with in seat power.
Immigration and luggage priority (fast lanes).
Old Apr 26, 2007, 6:49 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by AndyFlyer
Which business classes are you referring to? Short-haul, long-haul? Two different products. General improvements could be:

-higher crew/pax ratio

Does this help?
Wow, what airline are you flying on? I think some of the J Services I have had have been great.
Lots of space, yes a 180* bed would be nice, but I can deal without.
My bags are usually the first to come off the belt (if I even check a bag).
BizE always welcome to board first and thru boarding service.
Choice of four meals is pretty good I think, how many more do we need?
One FA to 6-8 passengers is pretty good I think.
On Demand video on alot of the planes, if not they atleast have 6-8ch's of video.
I agree that a larger tray would be nice, they armrest is large, it could fit a larger tray.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:33 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Consistency.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by cl.lurker
Consistency.
Yep.... delivering what's promised (expressly or otherwise).

1) Priority luggage means that. It comes out first. OK if its with non-business class elites. But NOT mixed in with normal run-of-the-mill economy stuff.

2) Lounges with comfy spaced out seating and the right atmosphere. Not stuffed with "non-business" types who don't know how to behave who bought access of a website, or who know someone etc.

3) Business class check in counters that are just that. Again, OK for elites - but then have the capacity to deal with that. I don't want to be waiting behind a family of economy travellers in the business line.

Also:

1) Priority security/immigration. Some places do this. (Eg LHR.)

2) Better manners all round. Don't expect to be fawned upon. But there should be time - whether at check-in, at the gate, or inflight to use my name, greet properly, say goodbye, some small talk or whatever. Just the way I treat my customers. All to often, I feel "processed" just as I would be in economy where necessarily there is less time. My last EVA business class check-in at LHR (handled by Air Canada staff) was typical. Check-in woman was chattering away to her colleague and couldn't be bothered to break off the conversation as I approached - except to say "passports and tickets" etc. Don't think I got a complete sentence out of her. A business class return to Taipei costs about US$3500 from London (less for those getting off in Bangkok). Pathetic. I got a more friendly smile from the Waitrose supermarket checkout girl on my way to the airport - and I only spent 20 quid there.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:45 am

Programs: WN RR, UA M+, Hilton, Marriott
I just wish that what UA calls "First" on their 2 class planes was as good as "business" on UA's 3 class planes.

Otherwise no real complaints with UA's business class product. I can snooze in a less-than 180 recline. The full recline would be nice, but I can certainly get by without it. I don't expect much when it comes to airplane food, so I'm not disappointed. If I want "real" food, I'll buy something in the terminal to bring aboard.

I haven't sat in any other airlines' business class seats.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:48 am

Smile

Originally Posted by AndyFlyer

-higher crew/pax ratio

Does this help?
sounds great to me!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:50 pm
Suspended

"2) Lounges with comfy spaced out seating and the right atmosphere. Not stuffed with "non-business" types who don't know how to behave who bought access of a website, or who know someone etc."

I vote for lounges without the smug boring holier than thou types who couldn't hold a conversation if the topic didn't include golf, their bluetooth earpiece or work. It's unfortunate being young and traveling business or first means that you're stuck with crusty people.

Priority immigration is a good idea and I'd also wish that carriers such as United would use standard plugs for power in their first class seating.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:34 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
They should have better lounges with better food and drinks. The business class lounges are almost very worst.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 5:51 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by thegeneral
"2) Lounges with comfy spaced out seating and the right atmosphere. Not stuffed with "non-business" types who don't know how to behave who bought access of a website, or who know someone etc."

I vote for lounges without the smug boring holier than thou types who couldn't hold a conversation if the topic didn't include golf, their bluetooth earpiece or work. It's unfortunate being young and traveling business or first means that you're stuck with crusty people.
Nothing to do with age.. sounds as if you are a "business type" too. What I mean is people who turn up with kids who can't/won't be controlled. They'll drink as much booze as they can "cos its free" or banter loudly about anything - be it golf, their bluetooth thingy, which bars they like most in Bangkok, etc. In the end, the point is they are meant to be a haven of peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the airport... If someone wants to be "smug", "holier than thou" or "crusty" I don't really mind - unless somehow they disturb me.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 6:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Which airline? Some business class products are already very good (better than many first class products).
Old Apr 26, 2007, 6:10 pm

Some airlines already do one thing right.....

.....but most don't: the long-haul arrival lounge with SHOWER, where one can get to wash down after 8h+ in the tin-can.

Off the top of my head LH and SK do this right in their home-airports / hubs, but I'd really like to see an arrival lounge with shower in, say, ORD or NRT when arriving via LH or SK.

Would save me a trip past the hotel before going to the office, plus I'd not be spending the taxi ride wondering if it's me or the drivers lunch being smelly

Now that we're dreaming, it'd be neat to clear immigration, get bags, clear customs, then hit arrival lounge w. shower (and then connecting flight, if applicable, or taxi).
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Silver, Qatar Silver,FA Alitalia, British Airways gold
I noticed that most of the answers are related to "non-flight" items...I mean....what about planes?
Do you have any particular need that is not satisfied onboard?
For example I heard EOS has reserved a Toilette to Women...and my girlfriend is willing to take that Airline!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.