Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using a Bathroom in a Plane

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Using a Bathroom in a Plane

Is it just me or are there other people out there who just try and avoid using the bathrooms on the planes? I just get a closterfobic felling in them and don't like getting bounced around while trying to go... I do give most airlines credit though as they are always clean!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA MP
I know exactly what you mean. The cramped quarters in addition to my morbid fear of dying with my pants around my ankles makes using a lavatory a very harrowing experience for me.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emmaonline
Is it just me or are there other people out there who just try and avoid using the bathrooms on the planes? I just get a closterfobic felling in them and don't like getting bounced around while trying to go... I do give most airlines credit though as they are always clean!
I too avoid them, and frequently fly LAX-SYD and SYD-LAX without using one at all. I can't understand how some just have to go on a 90 minute flight. I'll take a regular bathroom any day.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Going accross the Atlantic I usually use it perhaps once.

Inter-European flights are pretty short and so really: who would want to, if you do not have to?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:23 pm

Location: my posts are my sole opinion and do not represent the opinions of UAL CORP and their subsidiaries
It always surprises me when we already have a line for the lav-during boarding!

You just left an airport terminal-some w/ nice lav facilities. This is one of those pax qirrks I'll never understand.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:24 pm

Location: my posts are my sole opinion and do not represent the opinions of UAL CORP and their subsidiaries
Originally Posted by merrickdb
I too avoid them, and frequently fly LAX-SYD and SYD-LAX without using one at all. I can't understand how some just have to go on a 90 minute flight. I'll take a regular bathroom any day.
I'm not a doc-but this can't be good for you...
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by merrickdb
I'm not a doc-but this can't be good for you...reminds me of that old Seinfeld episode where George didn't go to the bathroom the whole time he was in India.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:25 pm

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by jerry_pham
I know exactly what you mean. The cramped quarters in addition to my morbid fear of dying with my pants around my ankles makes using a lavatory a very harrowing experience for me.
Funniest post in weeks. AWESOME!~!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
The need to use a bathroom varies greatly from person to person and even the same person's need varies depending on a variety of factors. My friend's wife refers to the first pee after a few beers as "breaking the seal". It always seem the need comes again soon no matter how long you've held off the first one.

I'm sure most pax don't use the lav unless they have to. But of course, there must be some who find the small space comforting or otherwise enjoyable. It really does take all kinds.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:24 pm

Red face

I don't know what it is but ever since i was young, the noise that the toilet makes when you flush it... scares the life out of me!!!!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
If I am waiting in the Karachi Airport departure lounge, I will wait till I get onboard the plane to go to the washroom.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
I typically try to avoid the bathroom on flights < 3 hours. On flights longer than that...say to HNL or transcon, I'll probably make a pit stop. And I make it a point to always use the rest room before boarding if time permits.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: HH Gold
I too try not to use the bathrooms on the plane, and I do understand that other folks may not be able to wait especially when flying across country, but my pet peeve is when folks wait for the flight crew to start serving drinks and half the plane get up to use the bathroom, and the crew has to constantly push their carts out of the way to let paseengers through!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by emmaonline
I just get a closterfobic felling in them and don't like getting bounced around while trying to go...
If I get too Klosterphillic I tend to go quite often.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
If I am waiting in the Karachi Airport departure lounge, I will wait till I get onboard the plane to go to the washroom.
LOL. I don't think I have EVER used a toilet at Karachi airport (old or new). I think I tried going to the one accross from the McDonalds in Pod 2 but decided I didn't want to experience any exotic aroma's that might be coming from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.