Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best Way to Compliment Hotel Management Staff?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2006, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

Prior to my hotel stays, I often phone the front desk manager or the GM's assistant to arrange a specific room location. After my stay I want to acknowledge their assistance (and that of other staff) in a way that is meaningful to them.

I've sent snail mail letters to the GM, but generally haven't received responses. E-mail or a phone call are certainly faster, and more likely to elicit response, but may not stand out as much. Maybe I should send a compliment about the GM to the hotel chain's frequent guest program.

What do other folks do? What feedback is appreciated the most?
Old Dec 21, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
I've brought bottles of wine with me for people that had been helpful prior to my arrival.

On check in, or during the stay -- I have ordered a pizza for the front desk staff to be delivered (prepaid of course ).
Old Dec 21, 2006, 5:42 pm

We had a really great front desk manaager at our hotel in Stockholm help us out a bit and we got her some fine chocolates to share with her staff when we left. They seemed to like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.