Wiki Posts
Search

Usa 3000?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen; US Silver; AA Silver; Hilton Gold
Usa 3000?

I haven't lived in the States in a few years, but am looking to fly from the NYC area to Fort Meyers in a few months. Did a few web searches for the cheapest flight, and up pops one from ERW on an airline called USA 3000. Never heard of it!

What can anyone tell me about it?

Thx

hurlimann
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:59 am

Programs: US Gold, NW Silver, MR Silver, SPG Gold & OpenTable VIP
Originally Posted by hurlimann
I haven't lived in the States in a few years, but am looking to fly from the NYC area to Fort Meyers in a few months. Did a few web searches for the cheapest flight, and up pops one from ERW on an airline called USA 3000. Never heard of it!

What can anyone tell me about it?

Thx

hurlimann
There's a large presence of USA 3000 here in PHL. I BELIEVE it's run by a travel agency (i.e. Apple Vacations, Liberty Travel). I'd check it's website to find out more detailed (and accurate) info. Luckily, it helps keep US fares to FLA lower here in PHL.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:36 pm

They fly out of Newark a lot - mostly its used for charters. It's supposed ot be fine - if they're on-time. the on-time record is not that great and in case of a delay there will be few alternatives.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:38 pm

Programs: CO-Plat, DL-Gold
I haven't flown them personally, but I know several people who have and said it was fine.

As mlatuchie noted, USA3000 used to be a charter airline only, but they have expanded to scheduled service running from the Northeast to Florida and a few other destinations. Their planes are relatively new, and they feed you on most flights.

The downside is that they don't have agreements with other airlines, so if your flight is cancelled you won't be booked on another carrier (this isn't specific to USA3000, and is a downside of all LCCs).
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
USA3000 services PIT. Yes, they are primarily used as charters, but seats can still be booked against on their website or via phone.

I've flown them once, PIT-MCO-PIT

It was fine. Clean planes, polite staff, and snack service. At least out of PIT, their schedule is limited to particular days of the week. For example, outbound to MCO might only be on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays and return on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. So, you might have to be able to bend your schedule a bit.

I'd fly 'em again.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 1:46 pm

Family members have flown them before, a couple times with delays of 1-2 hours.

Since their schedule is erratic, you might want to find out what their policy is on rebooking you on another carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.